Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's YOUR guilty pleasure?

Double cheese burgers are my guilty pleasures. Although life after the band will only allow me to maybe have a 1/4 of it if that.

I do however miss coca-cola dearly.

You'll get over that. One day you'll take a sip of someone's Coke and say to yourself "YUCK!!!! What was I thinking when I used to drink so much of this?" It happened to me last week with Diet Pepsi...and I used to drink 3-4 12 packs a week!

Chipotle, I miss it very much. I am craving it very bad, the rice and the beef; but I imagine my high Protein chocolate milk as chiptole and it helps.

I used to eat the burrito bowl 2-4 times a week. yeah it was that bad of an obsession for me. I haven't had any in almost 2 months.

I can't eat solid or chopped food yet-still in the full liquid stage and i am hungry but yet having a hard time getting all the Protein and fluids in me.

Sonic Reese's Blasts. It's the only food that has derailed me thus far. Now with pouch dilation, I've learned my lesson.

Didn't read anyone else's post just the topic of discussion!!! My guilty pleasure is losing weight!!!! I am a wound care nurse and I have taken care of too many people with health issues think they can have just one guilty pleasure so I enjoy exercise and losing weight now!!! I love yogurt. I have always been a healthy eater, just got lazy after menopause! My MD and dietician also said from the start of this that if you loved ice cream and shakes (guilty pleasures) to be careful they could go right through!!!

Not trying to be negative this thread just surprised me!!!!

Didn't read anyone else's post just the topic of discussion!!! My guilty pleasure is losing weight!!!! I am a wound care nurse and I have taken care of too many people with health issues think they can have just one guilty pleasure so I enjoy exercise and losing weight now!!! I love yogurt. I have always been a healthy eater, just got lazy after menopause! My MD and dietician also said from the start of this that if you loved ice cream and shakes (guilty pleasures) to be careful they could go right through!!!

In my defense... my intention of opening this thread was not to promote or encourage in anyway the indulgence of unhealthy 'junk' food. We all know the benefits of healthy diet and exercise, but frequently we find ourselves 'cheating' and regretting it afterwards. I wanted this thread to show that we DO cheat, but the key is that we get back on track with our healthy lifestyle and continue combating obesity.

Joleen.... I'm so sorry for your occupation :lol:. My mother along with my brother and his wife are all registered nurses. Wow...some of the shocking stories I've heard!!

Cookies(100 calorie pack), and a dairy queen when we come home from the lake Sunday nights. ( I just can't pass while everyone else has one. Can't do it. Humph)

But... I'm living life, with the band, and succeeding. So is it really cheating?

Do I feel guilty. Nope!

Good for you, Joleen. You're at the beginning of your journey and in the honeymoon phase of your weigh loss. Some of us are far past that and realize that an occasional treat isn't going to hurt. A guilty pleasure doesn't mean you eat a half gallon of ice cream every night in front of the TV. (It's behavior like that that got us into this in the first place.) But a scoop here and there is OK. One mistake I think many people make is thinking that a lap band means they are on a diet for the rest of their lives. It's NOT a diet...its a lifestyle change. If you feel like you are always being deprived of the things you love you are more likely to fail. Everything is fine as long as it's in moderation. I listed dark chocolate as my guilty pleasure but my one true passion is Baklava. It's a gooey Greek pasty of phillo dough swimming in butter, honey and walnuts with about a million calories. There's a little bakery downtown Detroit that makes the best. When I find myself in that neighborhood a few times a year I don't hesitate to get one, although it takes me several days to eat it since I only take a bite or two at a time. In the 3 years since my surgery I have never once not gotten one if I wanted it and I've lost 146 pounds!

Good for you, Joleen. You're at the beginning of your journey and in the honeymoon phase of your weigh loss. Some of us are far past that and realize that an occasional treat isn't going to hurt. A guilty pleasure doesn't mean you eat a half gallon of ice cream every night in front of the TV. (It's behavior like that that got us into this in the first place.) But a scoop here and there is OK. One mistake I think many people make is thinking that a lap band means they are on a diet for the rest of their lives. It's NOT a diet...its a lifestyle change. If you feel like you are always being deprived of the things you love you are more likely to fail. Everything is fine as long as it's in moderation. I listed dark chocolate as my guilty pleasure but my one true passion is Baklava. It's a gooey Greek pasty of phillo dough swimming in butter, honey and walnuts with about a million calories. There's a little bakery downtown Detroit that makes the best. When I find myself in that neighborhood a few times a year I don't hesitate to get one, although it takes me several days to eat it since I only take a bite or two at a time. In the 3 years since my surgery I have never once not gotten one if I wanted it and I've lost 146 pounds!

I think Cindy is right. From the beginning I have not treated this as a diet but a new lifestyle. Therefore, if I want icecream I take a BITE. If I want chocolate I have a fun size 3 Musketeers. There is a big difference between what I would have ate pre-band and now. I now know my limits. I track my calories. Moderation is the key. I think if I just NEVER gave in to some treats I would be miserable and eventually fall off the wagon. This is my new life. I actually found this whole topic postive. I think it shows we all have self control now and a little indulgence now and then won't hurt us!

My quilty pleasure is soft serve ice cream!! My sister opened an ice cream trailer about a month after I had surgery. I love to go and help myself to what ever I want. I have helped her work it a few times. I limit myself to cone on Wednesday nights after youth group at church with my daughter. I also make sure my sister fixes for me and I don't play with the machines. If I play I pay!!!

Well I eat pretty healthy now but I do eat whatever tempts me occasionally. I dont eat anything low fat or diet or anything like that. I let myself have whatever I want but because my band is pretty tight I can only eat a tiny amount of it. I might have eaten a whole pizza back in my preband life but now I could probably eat a half a slice at most so I dont feel guilty at all.

I have never dieted or exercise with this band,,,I think those are a recipe for failure (didnt we fail the diet exercise thing and thats why we got a band?) so I just dont think a reasonable amount of 'guilty pleasure' is a bad thing...moderation!

I agree with Cindy, since this is a new lifestyle for me, not a diet, I do count calories, but if there is something I want I'll have it in moderation. Which is why I've chosen to limit carbs, not do low low carb, because that's not realistic for me in the long run