Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four days post-op and all your posts have really helped me prepare for where I am now. The heating pad and lots of small walks really help with the gas pain but Yikes, they ARE very painful. The spirometer is a bit of a chore but hopefully is doing it's job. The LorTab meds really really really do help! I haven't had any problem taking in the minimum Protein supplement or Water - that part is easy. I was able to shower the every day and have had no issues. sleeping seems to be hard. I'm only getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night and I can't seem to nap during the day. I feel a tightness in my chest but I imagine it is from the hernia repair. I feel lucky to have such a fantastic support system. I do feel hungry so I'm really trying to find the strength to go three more weeks on a liquid diet - my doctor's post-op diet is very strict.

May

Liver-Shrinking Diet started: June 7, 2011 followed by two week Pre-Op liquid Diet

Banded & Hernia Repair: Friday, July 22, 2011

21eeb1ed6596b3b.gif

Hi all: Glad to be here on the post op side of July bandsters. Had my surgery yesterday and all went suprisingly well. Surgery at 7am and walking the halls at l pm. Since I am a senior bandster.....I was really concerned about my decision to do this, but now I know I made the right choice for me. Home from hospital today at 12 noon and feeling a bit more pain in incision sites and left shoulder and neck. Just on liquid tylenol and heating pad for now. Have script for vicodin if necessary but aftaid to take it b'cause of nauseous feeling it might cause. Not hungry at all yet but still swollen. Dr orders are to drink from a small 2 oz medicine up and it must take me 15 minutes to consume this.

Pretty hard to drink that slowly but I guess he wants everything to heal properly.

Thanks for all your support on this site.....its been great. Even met someone from this site at the hospital yesterday. We used the same Dr. and same hospital. I felt like I knew her as a friend from our communication on these posts for July bandsters. Such a great support system here....so glad I learned to use the computer...LOL

Great job Shauna.....see the scale finally does move. Keep it up and you will reach your goal. CAT :D

UGH!!! UGH!!! I am so freakin hungry. UGH!!! UGH!!! I broke down and got mashed potatoes.

You sound just like me! I almost fainted in target i was so hungry! I started mushies a day early (today instead of tomorrow) and I feel fine! I'm 9 days out if that helps any.

hey ladies,

So I'm 4 days out and starving! Not sure that I can make it till Friday for full liquids. I'm weak and extremely tired due to lack of calories I'm sure. The plus side is that I'm hardly sore and having a much better experience this time around. I have my port in my chest, anyone else opt for this? It seems to be a lot less painful than the stomach port was . I had never heard of this being done before. I literally had dreams of pizza last night, so hungry! My stomach feels like it's turning inside out.

Hello, my banded friends!

Well, today I went out to eat my first meal since getting banded 11 days ago, and let's just say I was completely paranoid! My husband said he could tell I was soooo not used to this new lifestyle. I was taking super tiny nibbles and just dipping my fork in the refried Beans and licking it off. I think I probably only ate maybe 1/8 of a cup of food because I was so nervous that I was eating too fast or too much or the wrong thing (I moved to mushies early because I couldn't stand to drink my food for one more day). So, it wasn't the most relaxing meal I've ever had, but at least I survived without any sliming or getting stuck.

P.S. 11 days post op and down 13 lbs!

Onward and upward!

April - I so see this in my future - the fear !! Glad it well for you but geez 1/8th of a cup is practically liquids ... good luck (to both of us)

Supposed to be on Clear Liquids till Thursday, but I was so weak and tired from the 200-400 calories a day from broth and Water and popsicles. I had 1/2 cup of campbells Tomato Soup made with water , really thin, and it was like heaven! Heaven!!! I had so much energy, took the kids to a jump place for 4 hours and then went to 3 stores. I think I can handle Soup for 2 weeks, but so looking forward to mushies!! How is everyone doing

4 hours at a jump place??!! :blink:

After 2 hours I am dragging my son to the door! LOL

Glad you feel better though! I moved to full liquids and mushies early and I've had no problems. It was definitely the right thing to do because I had no energy either.

Supposed to be on clear liquids till Thursday, but I was so weak and tired from the 200-400 calories a day from broth and Water and popsicles. I had 1/2 cup of campbells Tomato Soup made with water , really thin, and it was like heaven! Heaven!!! I had so much energy, took the kids to a jump place for 4 hours and then went to 3 stores. I think I can handle Soup for 2 weeks, but so looking forward to mushies!! How is everyone doing

I'm still in a little bit of a haze - i can't remember if I have posted here yet ....

Had surgery on Thursday and spent the night (all three of my surgeon's patients did). I was on clear liquid on Friday (date of discharge) but that meant Protein Shakes, clear broth, popsickles and Water. Have taken things super slow - walked everyday (5000 steps on my pedometer), napped, sipped water, etc. While I was having some gas problems - they have mostly subsided. No shoulder pain whatsoever. Started having Tomato Soup yesterday. Had some today too.

Looking forward to seeing the doc on Friday and hoping that the staples come out. I will say this - there is no way I would have been able to go back to work quickly (also had a hernia repair). Like I said - I've been super slow with everything.

Sorry if I've already told my story.

Hi all,

I had quite the afternoon. My car died in the middle of the road right at the start of rush hour (and remember I live in Phoenix, where it was 102 today (I guess it could have been worse, I've seen 118 before). After the car got towed to the shop and I got a ride home, guess what I wanted to do? EAT. I realized it right away and stopped myself. I was stressed out. I had a small amount for dinner and I felt uncomfortable a lot sooner than usual. So --- yes, what we hear about stress making the band tighter is correct!

Amy

OMG, Amy. That's sucks! Hope they are able to fix your car cheaply and quickly!

I'm so proud of you for recognizing the urge to eat and beating it. That's what this new lifestyle is all about.

Hi all,

I had quite the afternoon. My car died in the middle of the road right at the start of rush hour (and remember I live in Phoenix, where it was 102 today (I guess it could have been worse, I've seen 118 before). After the car got towed to the shop and I got a ride home, guess what I wanted to do? EAT. I realized it right away and stopped myself. I was stressed out. I had a small amount for dinner and I felt uncomfortable a lot sooner than usual. So --- yes, what we hear about stress making the band tighter is correct!

Amy

Yeah, I'm a very nervous eater unless I'm eating liquids. I'm SO afraid of PB'ing or getting stuck. I'm hoping that as I get more comfortable with the band that I can learn to relax.

Hope you enjoy your meal more than I did!:)

April - I so see this in my future - the fear !! Glad it well for you but geez 1/8th of a cup is practically liquids ... good luck (to both of us)

2 days post op and feeling quite sore. But feeling pretty good at the same time. Finally got a good nights sleep lastnight, couldnt sleep in the hospital monday night. However I am kinda glad I got to stay over night so I could have good pain meds! LOL Other then the gas and just pain soreness from surgery I feel good. Starting to get bored sitting around already, just hope I dont get myself into trouble. LOL Talk to everyone soon!

Scott

Welcome aboard, Alan! We've got a pretty nifty group here - I always feel better after I read posts. :)

Amy

Hello, July Bandsters! I'm 4 days post-op and doing pretty well. Some hunger, some gas, but mostly excitement for the good things to come. Surprisingly, not a lot of pain or nausea, either. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

Cheers,

April,

Eeeekkkkk!! ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS to fix the car. That's after I called around and got estimates and everything. Turns out it was the fuel pump. Funny thing - this morning I've been on the phone and totally busy - didn't eat anything today until 12:30. Then it hit - I thought I was going to eat my fingers off! LOL. Thankfully I had scrambled egg leftovers in the fridge all ready to go, or I would have overeaten!!

Amy

OMG, Amy. That's sucks! Hope they are able to fix your car cheaply and quickly!

I'm so proud of you for recognizing the urge to eat and beating it. That's what this new lifestyle is all about.

I have my first Dr. Appt tomorrow post op...and I am up 6lbs from surgery for some reason! ugh...how could this be? Weight dropped off the first time around, especially in the first few weeks. This had better work. I'm so discouraged now.