Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whew....this is truly a test of my willpower. I don't have restriction and ate out for lunch today. Aye. I could have eaten the entire plate (and usually did), but ended up with a palmful of onion strings and 4 small chicken tenders. I wanted to eat everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My tummy isn't grumbling, so I know I'm not hungry, but dang...I just want to open up the fridge and rip open the take out box!! Exhale....I can do this. I am doing this....whew......exhale....I miss the "full" feeling but I know it will come soon. Having to stop mysefl when I'm not full is really hard. I know I'm preachin' to the choir here... ;)

That's the hard part for me right now too. I KNOW that I don't NEED to eat more but my mouth is like...mmmmm we could have some more of that! lol

Whew....this is truly a test of my willpower. I don't have restriction and ate out for lunch today. Aye. I could have eaten the entire plate (and usually did), but ended up with a palmful of onion strings and 4 small chicken tenders. I wanted to eat everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My tummy isn't grumbling, so I know I'm not hungry, but dang...I just want to open up the fridge and rip open the take out box!! Exhale....I can do this. I am doing this....whew......exhale....I miss the "full" feeling but I know it will come soon. Having to stop mysefl when I'm not full is really hard. I know I'm preachin' to the choir here... ;)

Daniella, I hit two weeks post op today! Last week was rough! I didn't feel well enough to be busy, so I had lots of time to think about food. However, it went quickly! Each day that went by, I felt better.

Chin up! It gets SO much better. I promise.

All the best,

Lisa

I could have. I went away 4 days post op! You can do it.

Lisa

o.k. all my post-op friends, I'm scheduled for surgery on Tues, 26th. Need advice ...

I am struggling with my job, bully boss, 12% pay cut, etc. and have been looking for another job for a while. Today I got a call for an interview at a place I applied at two months ago. I really want this job. The problem, they want to interview me next Friday. Only four days post op. Wow, will I be alright? I said yes, my plan is to have my sister take me and wait for me.

Could those of you that had the surgery go on an interview (dress up and all) four days after surgery? They say perseverance is key, I should win huge karma bucks for this one!!!!

I have NO restriction but I am doing better with willpower. Had an unfortunate lunch today (pizza) but had only two small slices instead of eating the whole dang thing! That takes willpower for me, so I am pleased!

I am coming up on the monthly Water retention experience myself so I am hoping for a lower number on the scale this time next week. I'm not putting any pressure on myself because I would rather lose slower and make it stick this time!

The one thing I noticed about lunch today was that I thought it was really salty. I'm a cheese lover, so I have to watch the sodium, but today I had a fistful of onion strings from Chili's and WHAM! - hit me like a ton of bricks. So salty!! Even had to take a drink of Water while eating (shhh!). Of course, the salt made me want more salt, so I ate more...duh. My doc said that my palate will change post-op -- I'm guessing that's what that was about? Hopefully the palate will start letting veggies in - because I can't say that I've had ANY post-op. My likes are corn and raw carrots - not good choices with the lap band. Someday I'll eat them. Just not today.

Amy

I have NO restriction but I am doing better with willpower. Had an unfortunate lunch today (pizza) but had only two small slices instead of eating the whole dang thing! That takes willpower for me, so I am pleased!

I am coming up on the monthly water retention experience myself so I am hoping for a lower number on the scale this time next week. I'm not putting any pressure on myself because I would rather lose slower and make it stick this time!

Has anyone had acid reflux? I got it at school today and had to have my mum drop in some tic tacs for me. They dealt with it fast but it wasn't a pleasant feeling!

Just wanted to say I am soooo happy...weighed myself for the first time in a week and I was down 6 lbs! I am so surprised because I don't have much restriction and have been eating pretty much whatever I want, just in smaller portions. Might hit my goal weight in time for my 40th Bday after all!

Shauna

AWESOME!!! :) When we don't have restriction, it's all about the willpower! Don't let go of that goal :)

Amy

Just wanted to say I am soooo happy...weighed myself for the first time in a week and I was down 6 lbs! I am so surprised because I don't have much restriction and have been eating pretty much whatever I want, just in smaller portions. Might hit my goal weight in time for my 40th Bday after all!

Shauna

What exactly do you mean by restriction? (Congrats Shauna, that's awesome!)

OH MY GOD - how long does this sliming - blocked up feeling last???? Just ate one tablespoon too much and I feel like exploding!!!!! Cannot do a PB - no gag reflex - so I am feeling rough - help me someone. email at lisabooth1968@hotmail.com to help a girl out.

Lisa

Deb, for some lapbanders, they feel exactly as they did pre-op when it comes to the amount of food they need to eat to feel full until they get their first (or maybe more) fill.

I have been very lucky in that I have a lot of restriction without a fill (so far!) and I am 2 weels post-op. Some people start feeling hungry right away after surgery and find it takes willpower to stop eating since the band isn't working properly just yet. When you have good restriction you should be able to eat just a little food before your tummy says "I'm full!".

P.S. I'm down 15 lbs since surgery! Yay!

What exactly do you mean by restriction? (Congrats Shauna, that's awesome!)

Go, Shauna! Congrats!

Shauna

Hello, July Bandsters! I'm 4 days post-op and doing pretty well. Some hunger, some gas, but mostly excitement for the good things to come. Surprisingly, not a lot of pain or nausea, either. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

Cheers,

Go Shauna!!!!!

Lisa, just emailed you.