Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, I can't stand the smell of food. I felt great yesterday prolly because I was still high from all the drugs that today I feel pain. I got up at 4:00am in pain took my meds and fell asleep in my recliner. Ive been on the recliner all day. Finally got up to walk around. Anyone feeling like a bus just ran over you?

Me, I don't feel great......I thought recovery would be alittle easier than this...

On a funny note......be careful with your painkillers.........I was sleeping beautifuly I woke up to take a sip of Water...still feeling good from the drugs and fell asleep with the full cup of Water on my chest......then I spilled it all over myself and husband LOLOLOLLLL!!!!!!

Now that was a rude awakening!!!

Nancy, I hope we're going to have better days today.......I haven't been taking the pain killers except for sleeping, today I'm going to taken them all day.

Thanks for the post-surgery updates. My date is 7/26, I'm getting nervous and obsessive. I told my BF (of 35 years) yesterday, her reaction surprised me. She was a little upset at first. But we talked about the struggle I've had and how very hard I've tried in the past, she is now on board and excited for me. I was surprised at her first reaction. My family is on board, and I'm not going to tell anyone else.

Almost one year ago, I had an open hernia and gallbladder surgery, That was horrible and very painful. That experience was a 10 on a 1-10 pain scale, and I am hoping that this surgery will be around a 5-6 (or better, of course). Such a strange time right now—the unknown is exhausting and exciting.

Hahahah...this morning I fell asleep sitting on the toilet! I figured if I sat there for a while that something would happen. LOL. Whoopsie. I haven't missed a dose of my pain meds yet. Perhaps tomorrow I'll switch over to liquid Tylenol, but I have plenty of the liquid Lortab and I'm in no hurry to get off it.

I'm doing a lot of sitting around, no chores or anything though. Just laps around the living room and making sure my meds are all up to date. My shoulders and neck are sore today, but nothing too horrible. Considering it hasn't even been 48 hrs since my surgery, I think things are going well. This morning I had a 4 oz Protein shake (I sipped small amounts of it over 20 minutes) and my tummy seems to be accepting of it.

Hope you're feeling better quickly! Just remember - WE DID IT!! :):)

Amy

Me, I don't feel great......I thought recovery would be alittle easier than this...

On a funny note......be careful with your painkillers.........I was sleeping beautifuly I woke up to take a sip of Water...still feeling good from the drugs and fell asleep with the full cup of Water on my chest......then I spilled it all over myself and husband LOLOLOLLLL!!!!!!

Now that was a rude awakening!!!

Nancy, I hope we're going to have better days today.......I haven't been taking the pain killers except for sleeping, today I'm going to taken them all day.

Had my surgery on Friday. The hospital experience was great. As for the pain not so good, been having problems sleeping even after the pain meds. It hurts the worst getting in and out of bed. I have been sipping on Water and ice chips, until this morning I had a couple of small bites of Jello. I took pain meds last night with a few sips of skim milk, because the nausea is terrible. In fact I fell like vomiting several times, I can't vomit just the saliva built up in your mouth before you vomit is coming up and then I feel okay. I have suppositories for nausea that are really helping as well. Along with the liquid loratab, Ice on stomach has really helped with the pain, and today it only hurts to get up and down. I tried chicken broth last night (better than bullion) which is very good! I had 5 teaspoons and that was all I could get down. The gas hurts only when laying down in bed. Yesterday which was day 2 I went to the Walmart and walked around to get the gas out which helped a lot. Walking and doing everything very slowly is the key for me. During pre op stage I was so mentally hungry, after surgery I am no longer mentally hungry or really even hungry at all, I can not feel my port which is weird and my stomach is supper swollen and numb around the largert incision, I am so happy I made this decision, just wish the recovery was a little bit more on my side.

You know what hit me today? Cravings. I feel a little bit hungry, but I started craving "sick food." You know, the grilled cheese sandwich or buttered toast your mom brought to you when you were sick? Wow....I'm going to miss that.

Today I feel better than yesterday. Had gas issues last night and a little this morning, but I'm just making sure to always have some Pepto in my tummy to keep it calm. Getting in an out of bed and on and off the couch are difficult, but today I can do it without assistance.

Just remember that everyone recovers at different rates. I haven't had any issues with nausea but my shoulders are pretty tender. But hey, considering I'm only 48 hours post-op, I think I'm lookin' pretty good.

B)

I'm feeling better than yesterday but a friend of mine who got banded in June said the reason I'm feeling all the pain now is because all the meds from surgery are wearing off (makes sense). I've been feeling a little nauseated today and found out it was because I haven't eaten. Once I had my Protein shake things felt better. For lunch I had some Soup and 4oz of 2% milk from mootopia.

Forgive me for grossing you out but has anyone had a bowel movement? I just had one today and I thought since we've been on the liquid diet I wouldn't have anything in there. Surprise, surprise.

I'm looking forward to eating pureed foods soon. I saw my family eating today and although I didn't want what they were eating I was thinking wow I could really go for a Peanut Butter sandwich. lol

I am not nauseated by the smell of food, but I would very much like to chew something again! Today I managed to down both my Protein shakes, had a sports bottle of Water and a bowl of Soup. Oh, and a small cup of milk. I also took a Viactiv. I feel like I am slowly weaning myself onto all the things I will have to take daily. Still have a terrible headache on and off from either the anesthesia or simply being dehydrated but I am not sure how I could possibly be dehydrated. I have been taking my son's liquid generic tylenol and it is nasty! Way too sweet. I will have to find some alternative. I have been up and about, doing chores both yesterday and today (laundry, dishes, etc). It is hard to sit and do nothing with two kids around.

i know what you mean...it's hard to sit still with a full house, i have been doing light chores too and it's been helping me though with the gas problems!

i am also wondering about bowel movements...i haven't had one yet which i guess makes sense, but it's weird, shouldn't i be having one soon? what is the day out of surgery that is normal to have one?

i am also wondering about bowel movements...i haven't had one yet which i guess makes sense, but it's weird, shouldn't i be having one soon? what is the day out of surgery that is normal to have one?

I have no idea but I think maybe the milk had something to do with it plus the applesauce I ate.

Day 3 post op is much better. I am actually starting to want some food, although not really hungry. Just want to chew something. My DH & Son had pizza last night and I wanted some so bad that I ate a small piece of sausage just to chew it and spit it out :o I was happy after that lol Things are starting to sound appealing again but I'm not actually HUNGRY...which makes me so very happy. I am anxious for mushies but satisfied with my Protein shakes and broth and herbal tea for now. Pain is much better today also. Only sore at the port sight, at least what I'm assuming is the port....its the largest incision. DH can't seem to remember what the dr said about the port and I forgot to ask. No gas pains now, no sore throat, feeling pretty good over all except still pretty tired. And sorry for a sensitive subject but no bm since the day before surgery....hopefully this wont be a problem.

Hope everyone is feeling better and our future band mates are getting ready!!

How did you all decide what your goal weight was?

No BM here either, but I did have during my 2 weeks of liquid diet where all I had was 5 Protein Shakes each day. However, I am not gassy or uncomfortable, so I am guessing that there is nothing waiting on line to come on down the pipe! :) How's that for graphic hee hee :lol:

Hi everybody!! So glad to see that you're all recuperating well! I've had laproscopic surgery twice before and it sounds like many of the post op effects are similar, so I'm trying not to feel too nervous. I've only got 11 days to go, and it can't come fast enough for me!

Nechama, Here's how I figured out my goal weight. Not scientific, but it worked for me. I have a tall, strong frame. I am 5'7". When I graduated from high school I weighed 160, wore a size 8, and looked fabulous though I didn't know it at the time :) When I graduated college I weighed 180, and stayed there until getting married, at which point I weighed 200 and felt less than fabulous...numbers went up steadily from there. My goal is to get back down to 180. It puts me in the size 14/16 range which is good for my height and frame. I've lost 25 lbs preparing for sugary, which has put me exactly 100 lbs from my goal. Oh, and I am TOTALLY getting a Tummy Tuck once I've reached and maintained it!!

Not scientific here either. I was at my happiest (not thinnest) at 165-170 and a size 12. I was 25 at the time, living alone and that's when I met my husband. I was healthy, comfortable in my skin and could shop at White House Black Market (my favorite Store). I'd like to get back to that.

No BM here, either. I know after general anesthesia that it takes a few days to have one. I'm working really hard to stay hydrated, but I only pee a tablespoon if that, maybe every few hours. I switched from the Lortab liquid to the Tylenol liquid this afternoon. I think I'll take the Lortab before I go to bed so I can sleep better. All of this cat napping during the day will make overnight sleeping a bit of a challenge. I think my main complaint is that I just feel very weak. I got to take my first shower today, and barely had enough energy to get dressed and get out to the couch. My hands are shaky and I feel kind of confused sometimes. All in all....still doing ok. :)