Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I posted my post op pics for you guys to "enjoy.' Hey, somebody out there is curious about what my belly looks like, so here ya go. Don't look at it too long...because it isn't going to look this fat for too much longer!!!! LOL :lol:

http://lifeisjustbeginning2011.blogspot.com/

Okay, Nechama. We'll just have to cheer each other on to our dream goals--even if the professionals don't think they're achievable!!

We can do it!!! :D

I met with my personal nutritionist last night and told her my goal is to be a size 8 and she said that is impossible. I dont know why, though I never was. I mean, I am 5'6" , medium build, so why the heck not? I asked her if it is because of my hips and she justs aid she didnt see it as realistic. I said listen, I dont think it will happen in a year but that is what I want. I didnt think it was my dream goal but maybe it is and maybe it isnt realistic :(

I'm one wek post op and I take several meds some of which are quite large. The only one I break in half is Metformin ( horse pill)! The others I just take one at a time with several drinks of Water. I have no restriction right now so the PA said this would be fine. The problem will probably get worse once we have restriction. For now I wouldn't worry

smiley-eatdrink048.gif

Okay, Nechama. We'll just have to cheer each other on to our dream goals--even if the professionals don't think they're achievable!!

We can do it!!! :D

Thanks, Lizzy!

Buuuuuurp. Burp. Burrrrrrrrrp. Buuurrrrrrpppp.

Aye! When does this end??

My surgery is scheduled for July 27th. Should I be nervous? I tell myself I am not but then I guess it's only human to be a little nervous. I have no doubt about the lap band its self. It is the actual surgery that scares me (nothing against my doctor either). I feel confident with him or I wouldn't be going through this. I guess it's just human nature.

Thanks Lifeisjustbeginning and Highland for the information about the medications. You have eased my mind a lot!

is anyone having discomfort in the abdomen and you don't know what it is? i can't tell if it is the gas from surgery settling downwards, or if maybe i am gulping or taking in too much liquid at a given time...i know we don't really have real restriction, but there is some saline in our bands, right:? if we gulp, then should it hurt or just feel uncomfortable? i haven't been really gulping, but i do feel i take in the amount of liquid i would have before sugery sometimes...like for example i had an entire water bottle and that is 16 oz, and i think that is way too much at a time, i had it like normal before within a few minutes...i also have a lot of gas discomfort definitely in the shoulders, but was thinking maybe that is what i am feeling in the abdominal area too...any thoughts will be appreciated!

is anyone having discomfort in the abdomen and you don't know what it is? i can't tell if it is the gas from surgery settling downwards, or if maybe i am gulping or taking in too much liquid at a given time...i know we don't really have real restriction, but there is some saline in our bands, right:? if we gulp, then should it hurt or just feel uncomfortable? i haven't been really gulping, but i do feel i take in the amount of liquid i would have before sugery sometimes...like for example i had an entire Water bottle and that is 16 oz, and i think that is way too much at a time, i had it like normal before within a few minutes...i also have a lot of gas discomfort definitely in the shoulders, but was thinking maybe that is what i am feeling in the abdominal area too...any thoughts will be appreciated!

I am one week post op and I recognize the feeling you're having in your abdomen. I think it's a combination of the band settling in and gas. My surgeon was HUGE on water intake- 64ozs a day no matter what!! I found myself gulping sometimes and it did feel like restriction. My band is completely empty because surgeon said it was a tight fit but I sill think you will feel some restriction just simply havi smiley-alien009.gif the band in place! So ..... hang in there. My stomach is feeli g more and more normal each day just a little bloated still. Hope this helps. It's an odd feeling isn't it?

I am one week post op and I recognize the feeling you're having in your abdomen. I think it's a combination of the band settling in and gas. My surgeon was HUGE on Water intake- 64ozs a day no matter what!! I found myself gulping sometimes and it did feel like restriction. My band is completely empty because surgeon said it was a tight fit but I sill think you will feel some restriction just simply havi smiley-alien009.gif the band in place! So ..... hang in there. My stomach is feeli g more and more normal each day just a little bloated still. Hope this helps. It's an odd feeling isn't it?

WEEEEL I'm just sayimg!! =)

Yes, you have Fluid in your band right after surgery, and your doctor should NOT fill you again prior to four weeks postop. However, I'm sure it happens.

Here is some information regarding fills from Allergan (the manufacturer):

http://bariatrictimes.com/2007/06/02/the-lap-band-ap%E2%84%A2-system-the-platform-advances/

Our current protocol is as follows:

• There should be 3.0cc of “extractable” Fluid at end of operation at zero intra-band pressure.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">• All adjustments are performed as part of a clinical consultation in the office.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">• Initial adjustment is performed at four weeks: Add 1.0 to 1.5cc to give a total of 4.0 to 4.5cc of extractable fluid. • Review every two weeks initially—Check weight loss, degree of satiety, symptoms, health. Advise patient regarding eating guidelines and exercise and activity programs.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">* If losing less than 1.0lb/week—usually add fluid<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">* If losing more than 2.0lbs/week—usually no added fluid<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">* If between 0.5 and 1.0lbs/week—optional, based on satiety and symptoms.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">• Usually add 0.5 to 1.0cc each time.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">• When the “sweet spot” or “green zone” is achieved, review less often.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">• Always review at least every six months permanently.

is anyone having discomfort in the abdomen and you don't know what it is? i can't tell if it is the gas from surgery settling downwards, or if maybe i am gulping or taking in too much liquid at a given time...i know we don't really have real restriction, but there is some saline in our bands, right:? if we gulp, then should it hurt or just feel uncomfortable? i haven't been really gulping, but i do feel i take in the amount of liquid i would have before sugery sometimes...like for example i had an entire Water bottle and that is 16 oz, and i think that is way too much at a time, i had it like normal before within a few minutes...i also have a lot of gas discomfort definitely in the shoulders, but was thinking maybe that is what i am feeling in the abdominal area too...any thoughts will be appreciated!

I find it's hard to tell what I'm feeling too. I don't know if I'm gassy, in pain or nauseaos. It's so weird but I feel much better seeing you guys are in the same boat.

I walked all the way around my very latge block last night and it felt pretty good. I have to get moving, I have been laying around so much, bleeeeeck!

So here i am on day 4 post op. surgery went very well, as did overnight recovery in the hospital. Saturday at home went well, Sunday started passing gas along with burping. had some bloating, but all in all a not bad day.

Monday was rough. started sweating profusely, cramping, felt nauseous and in fact had one dry heave (that was scary) but then a miracle happened and I had a bowel movement! been feeling progressively better since. some of you talked about aversion to food... I started getting nauseous around food about the same time I started cramping and bloating. I'm still on the all liquid diet obviously, but Fiber gummies seemed to help a lot with getting things moving..

And now, Tuesday after Friday surgery, I feel really good! things are settling into place, a little less than a cup of oatmeal and i feel full..... this is way cool and I am so glad I had this surgery! It feels like this is the start of an awesome life!!!

Stan

Awesome, Stan!!

Yesterday was a lot of burping, today doesn't seem quite as much. I started the day with a lovely poop (I have to admit, I've been waiting for that!!). I think the applesauce yesterday helped with that. Sorry to hear about the dry heave - I'm dreading the first time I throw up. I bet it really hurt since you still have stitches!! Eeeek.

My heating pad has helped a lot with the cramping/bloating. I was awake a lot last night because I just couldn't get comfortable. I made the mistake of laying on my right side (only one incision on that side) and woke up in pain. I'm off of pain meds now and didn't want to go back, so I had to use the heating pad, but it worked. Here's to each day getting better and better!

Amy

So here i am on day 4 post op. surgery went very well, as did overnight recovery in the hospital. Saturday at home went well, Sunday started passing gas along with burping. had some bloating, but all in all a not bad day.

Monday was rough. started sweating profusely, cramping, felt nauseous and in fact had one dry heave (that was scary) but then a miracle happened and I had a bowel movement! been feeling progressively better since. some of you talked about aversion to food... I started getting nauseous around food about the same time I started cramping and bloating. I'm still on the all liquid diet obviously, but fiber gummies seemed to help a lot with getting things moving..

And now, Tuesday after Friday surgery, I feel really good! things are settling into place, a little less than a cup of oatmeal and i feel full..... this is way cool and I am so glad I had this surgery! It feels like this is the start of an awesome life!!!

Stan

Monday was rough. started sweating profusely, cramping, felt nauseous and in fact had one dry heave (that was scary) but then a miracle happened and I had a bowel movement! been feeling progressively better since. some of you talked about aversion to food... I started getting nauseous around food about the same time I started cramping and bloating. I'm still on the all liquid diet obviously, but fiber gummies seemed to help a lot with getting things moving..

Stan

Stan, your doctor put you on mushies right away??