Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well, that willpower didn't last long. I just tried 2 teaspoons of fat free chocolate pudding with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered Peanut Butter. I ate very slowly...hopefully it won't talk back. The powdered stuff has so little fat that I decided I would try it. so far, so good!

Hi all of my bandmates!

My surgery is scheduled for July 26th, and I am truly hanging on every word that you post-ops are writing. Question, I am scheduled to go back to work 7 days after surgery. How do you feel 5-7 days out?

Thanks for all of the great advice! I am nervous, anxious, happy, etc.!

Good luck to all!

Serifa

Hey Serifa,

I'm 7 days out and if I hadn't caught a nasty cold from my daughter I would be back at work lol. The only problem I have is my port site is really really tender and hurts when I move certain ways. It wouldn't keep me from working though. I have been walking around the house a lot so I haven't had any gas pains since the 3rd day after surgery. Everything else feels fine. Hope that helps B)

Hi all of my bandmates!

My surgery is scheduled for July 26th, and I am truly hanging on every word that you post-ops are writing. Question, I am scheduled to go back to work 7 days after surgery. How do you feel 5-7 days out?

Good luck to all!

Serifa

That's a loaded question! LOL Everyone is so different....I was off of pain meds after day 3, but there is still discomfort. More than anything, I'm just so tired. I guess it all depends on what your job is and your tolerance of discomfort.

Amy

Hi all of my bandmates!

Good luck to all!

Serifa

Nechama, hope you're getting some relief! I've heard of the shoulder pain (I'm preband for another few days' my date is 7/11/11) and would love it if someone knows the explanation and -- more importantly what to do about the shoulder pain.

Despite the fact that I delivered three babies before the epidural could be put in (human cannonballs, we like to say)...I am going crazy just anticipating PAIN. Nechama, or others: do you just have to wait out the shoulder pain?

As the day wears on, the pain does ease up. I heard it is from the gas they put in to inflate your stomach. I delivered 2, both induced, one via c-section after hours of labor didnt work, and trust me, that was HELL compared to this :) Laproscopic surgery is really a breeze. It's my second time around for laproscopic surgery (gall bladder removal in 2004) and honestly, it is really not bad. :)

How long did everyone's gas pains last? I need HOPE...

Hi all of my bandmates!

Good luck to all!

Serifa

Serifa, I think a lot depends on what kind of work you do. I am an administrative assistant. I had the surgery on Thursday last week and was back to work on Tuesday. Did I feel 100%? Heck, no. I don't even feel 100% now. However, I sit at a desk and so I was able to get through the work week feeling 70-80% the whole time.

I agree it depends on where you work and what you need to do. I drove today for the 1st time and felt okay. I'm still feeling discomfort but today was the first day I didn't nap. Hopefully, I get my energy back soon.

Days 2 and 3 were rough for me. Constantly burping....but now I just burp when I stand up after I've been sitting for more than 10 minutes. I think gas in general stays around for a few weeks, but the really ridiculous stuff, well, only those first few days. ;) For me, anyway.

Amy

How long did everyone's gas pains last? I need HOPE...

Ok, my powdered Peanut Butter and fat free chocolate pudding was FLIPPING FANTASTIC!!! I put the company's information on my blog, I swear I'm not employed by them. LOL. Link below.

Surgery scheduled for July 20 and I'm nervous but excited! I am on day two of my 2 week liquids ONLY pre-op diet. I was on the Liver-Shrinking portion of my diet for a month. OY! I am starving. Only 12 days to go. Many thanks to all of you for sharing. It is very helpful and comforting!

It looks like most of you were able to eat your "mushies" right after surgery where my doctor's instructions say only liquids for a month post op. Yikes!

MY BAND BLOG: http://may-mylapbandlife.blogspot.com/

weight.png

Ok, my powdered Peanut Butter and fat free chocolate pudding was FLIPPING FANTASTIC!!! I put the company's information on my blog, I swear I'm not employed by them. LOL. Link below.

Wow this is so cool! And Kosher (which is something that is hard to find in a lot of the health food products out there but something I need!) Thanks for the tip!

Did your nutritionist say you should go the fat free route as opposed to sugar free with things like pudding?

My instructions said sugar free (I bought fat free before I noticed). I'm not a huge pudding fan in general, so I doubt I'll buy anymore, but I'll probably go sugar free next time. I hear it is preferred over the fat free. How ya feeling? Happy 1 week bandiversary today! :)

Wow this is so cool! And Kosher (which is something that is hard to find in a lot of the health food products out there but something I need!) Thanks for the tip!

Did your nutritionist say you should go the fat free route as opposed to sugar free with things like pudding?

My instructions said sugar free (I bought fat free before I noticed). I'm not a huge pudding fan in general, so I doubt I'll buy anymore, but I'll probably go sugar free next time. I hear it is preferred over the fat free. How ya feeling? Happy 1 week bandiversary today! :)

That is what I thought, but I wasn't sure! Thanks so much for the happy anniversary wishes :) Mushies for me on Sunday. I am trying to figure out what I will have first :)

I was banded this past Tuesday. I'm still having gas pains and I'm still unsure when I am suppose to eat. I don't really have an appetite. I also think I broke a rule. I bought sugar free fat free ice cream and I had a little bit. For the most part I feel good. I just wish this gas would pass. Does anyone have any ideas of what I need to do to speed up this process.