Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Guys!!!

I was banded yesterday!!!! I'm feeling great, the surgery went well but I must admit that I felt like crap yesterday due to not tollerating the pain meds well, morphine which made me queesey then antinausea meds then percocet......ugghhhhh I felt awful, the good thing is once they wore off I felt great, I'm home know drinking my Isopure clear Protein mixed with Water, Water and apple carrot juice. I'll try some broth tonight. How crazy is it that I haven't eaten since Thursday night and I'm not even hungry!!!!

Found a nice way to hydrate. I put crushed ice and some gatorade in a cup and then every 15-30 minutes i cam just squeeze a dropperful into my mouth. This way i make sure i am not gulping and it doesnt spill.

Hi Guys!!!

I was banded yesterday!!!! I'm feeling great, the surgery went well but I must admit that I felt like crap yesterday due to not tollerating the pain meds well, morphine which made me queesey then antinausea meds then percocet......ugghhhhh I felt awful, the good thing is once they wore off I felt great, I'm home know drinking my Isopure clear Protein mixed with Water, Water and apple carrot juice. I'll try some broth tonight. How crazy is it that I haven't eaten since Thursday night and I'm not even hungry!!!!

i also am not hungry, after surgery all i had was water and some broth and a Jello pudding...but today i am still not hungry, but i told myself i need to have something, so i had a Protein shake and i put in half a banana and teaspoon of Peanut Butter, it was pretty tasty, but am not hungry at all...in fact, when my family members are eating, i am not being tempted by the smells at all!

The smell of food is such a turn off right now. My husband was getting dinner ready for himself and out daughter and I had to leave the room...yuck!!! Anyone else having a food aversion?

The smell of food is such a turn off right now. My husband was getting dinner ready for himself and out daughter and I had to leave the room...yuck!!! Anyone else having a food aversion?

Yes, I can't stand the smell of food. I felt great yesterday prolly because I was still high from all the drugs that today I feel pain. I got up at 4:00am in pain took my meds and fell asleep in my recliner. Ive been on the recliner all day. Finally got up to walk around. Anyone feeling like a bus just ran over you?

My long winded post about yesterday's surgery!

I arrived three hours before my scheduled time. Since I have a history of being a difficult stick, I came an hour earlier. That turned out to be a good idea because getting an IV started was a 45 minute process. Make sure to ask for Lidocain when you get your IV - much less painful

I took off all my clothes and got a super fashionable hospital gown and a grown up diaper to wear. Apparently the diaper is standard because many people lose their bladders under anesthesia.

I signed all of the consents, the nurse started an antibiotic drip and put some Pepcid in the IV. The only other needed stick was Heparin, which was in my tummy, but not too bad. I also got an anti-nausea patch behind my ear that will stay on for several days.

I made it very clear that I did not want a sedative prior to surgery and that I wanted to be the one to move myself onto the OR table, etc. They honored that and in the OR I positioned myself on the table with a pillow under my back, nurse attached the sticky pads for my stats, the circulation cuffs on my leg were hooked up and then I was given some oxygen. There was music playing and the atmosphere was very relaxed (well, minus the gigantic light above me). The nurse was right next to me, and talking my ear telling me what was going on. She told me that the gas was starting and about 5 seconds later, I was out. I remember a tear running down my cheek at that moment, as it really hit me that this was happening.

I awoke in recovery and asked for my dad. I pulled up my gown to make sure it wasn't a dream and that I really had the surgery. LOL I rested in recovery for a bit, changed clothes and went home with a pillow covering my belly. I don't remember much about recovery at all.

Once home, I got into bed but never fell asleep. I did (and am still doing) many laps inside the house. My dogs think I'm going somewhere and keep following me. Ha!!

All in all, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Yes, there is discomfort, but nothing worth crying over. I make sure never to miss a dose of the pain medications (having dad wake me up to take it). I'm spending most of my time in the recliner, but make sure to get up every 30-45 minutes or I get stuff. Walking walking walking is where its at.

I took some pictures from yesterday that I'll post :) I'm so thankful to have the fellow post-oppers here. You guys are a great source of support!

Amy

I snapped a couple of photos if you want to check them out. I included a post op picture that shows the four incision locations (but it isn't gross, everything is covered). :)

http://lifeisjustbeginning2011.blogspot.com/

Hey guys, so for some reason lapbandtalk.com decided to not let me log in any more with my password, no matter how many times I changed it. So I finally just created a new profile today. So if you had me on your friends list before as Tracy_N please add this one now :)

Well 2 days post op and feel pretty good. Got in my Protein shake today...although I hated it. I am working on the Water, hard to drink that much when you arent that hungry. Still sore at my port incision and where I believe the band is but nothing I cant handle. Only took pain meds once today :D And even with the bloating from the gas and surgery, still down 10lbs from when I started the pre-op diet Woot! Good luck everyone, I also posted this on our pre-op July Bandsters thread :)

Found a nice way to hydrate. I put crushed ice and some gatorade in a cup and then every 15-30 minutes i cam just squeeze a dropperful into my mouth. This way i make sure i am not gulping and it doesnt spill.

Im not sure I understand this- can u explain thanks Mel

Such great post op stories! My nerves are building daily- surgery schedule for July 29. Thanks for sharing ladies and gents. and good luck on your new lifestyle!! Missy

My Date is July 29, anyone else on or around that day?

Im not sure I understand this- can u explain thanks Mel

I just used a medicine dropper to squirt Water or juice in my mouth. It was hard for me to hold the glass, especially when flat in bed. Since Fluid intake is so iimportant im really trying hard to grab constant sips. No gulping allowed anymore with the band.

I am not nauseated by the smell of food, but I would very much like to chew something again! Today I managed to down both my Protein Shakes, had a sports bottle of Water and a bowl of Soup. Oh, and a small cup of milk. I also took a Viactiv. I feel like I am slowly weaning myself onto all the things I will have to take daily. Still have a terrible headache on and off from either the anesthesia or simply being dehydrated but I am not sure how I could possibly be dehydrated. I have been taking my son's liquid generic tylenol and it is nasty! Way too sweet. I will have to find some alternative. I have been up and about, doing chores both yesterday and today (laundry, dishes, etc). It is hard to sit and do nothing with two kids around.

Amy, my Patches look just like yours!! :)

I snapped a couple of photos if you want to check them out. I included a post op picture that shows the four incision locations (but it isn't gross, everything is covered). :)

http://lifeisjustbeg...1.blogspot.com/

Awwwww :) I hated posting that picture, but I know people are curious. In another day I can take the gauze off and take a shower, so I'll see what lies beneath the gauze. LOL

Amy, my Patches look just like yours!! :)