Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Missouri

Guest billiebranham

I hope I do as well as you have. I've been frustrated because I can't get out and walk. This weather isn't very condusive to hikes around the neighborhood. I went to the grocery store yesterday just for some exercise. This house is getting smaller every day. I hope we don't get the weather they are calling for tonight.

Have a great evening.

I hope I do as well as you have. I've been frustrated because I can't get out and walk. This weather isn't very condusive to hikes around the neighborhood. I went to the grocery store yesterday just for some exercise. This house is getting smaller every day. I hope we don't get the weather they are calling for tonight.

Have a great evening.

Hey

What are you doing up at 1:30am?? Why aren't you sleeping?

I have been in since Wed after the meeting and I probably won't get out till maybe Sat for a viewing, otherwise I would be in till Monday!!! I am catching up on my tv shows and I cleaned my whole house yesterday too. I love these homebound days to catch up!

I really am concentrating on the amount and when I am eating since the meeting. Hopefully that will trigger my weight loss! I leave for Vegas on Thusday and will be back on Monday night. I get my band fill on Thurday after I get home. Hopefully I continue to lose.

You are doing fantastic and I bet you will do so much better since you are wanting to exercise. I am going to try to get some kind of exercise plan in motion but I never have stuck with one before. My son wants to play tennis this spring and I told him I would try with him.

Let me know how things go when you start eating food....

Stay warm,

Lisa

I got involved in a TV show so I stayed up late. I am enjoying staying up late and sleeping late. That will change when I have to go back to work but I am enjoying it now.

If you aren't used to exercising don't try too fast, just walk, say 10 minutes 3 times a day to start. Once you build up your tolerance you will be able to do more. I go to Curves. I think it is a great place for getting into shape. When I started four years ago I was in terrible shape, couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without stopping in the middle to rest. I'm not in great shape now but I am getting there. I think I may go over to curves this evening just to see the gang and visit for a while.

I think tomorrow we are going to drive down to Jefferson City. My uncle and aunt are celebrating their 66th anniversary and I want to go. I'm still kicking around the idea of going to Hallsville for my nephew's ballgame on Tuesday but we'll see how things are going by then.

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? Hope you all had a great weekend.

My brother and his wife had their baby on Saturday. The baby was born 2 months early. They had a little girl. She weighed in at 5lbs 4 oz. She is doing good.

Congradulations on being an Aunt. Hope all is well with the new born being born early. Things are busy here. Go for a 6 month check up in a couple of weeks. Hard to beleive that it will be 6 months on March 19th. One of the best things the wife and I have done.

Chirs

It is hard to believe that it was six months ago this week and next week that my wife and I were banded. Time sure has gone by fast. Combined we have lost over 70 lbs. We have had three fills each. I have a total of 5.2 cc in my band and I think she has 4cc. She has lost over 32 pounds and I have lost 45 since my high of 250 in June of 2007.

We went for are 6 month check-up with the surgeon and he feels that we are doing really well. He also feels that we are almost or right at the sweet spot. He could have done an adjustment next week but we both felt that it might make us to tight and would have to come back for an unfill. He did leave it open that if we felt that we needed a fill that we could call him and go in and have it done. He also said that we are on track with loosing 1-3 lbs a week and that by September which will be one year that we should be down another 30- 40 lbs. With summer coming on and able to get out and do more exercise etc. I really feel that we will make it.

We are both very please so far with the loss in weight, and wish to thank every one for all your support, advice and friendship. Without I doubt we would be here today. I will say that the last 9 months have gone real fast and we have seen a lot of changes in our lives in regards to health and other issues. It has been a real learning experience. People have asked if it has been easy? I would have to tell them no it has not. I tell them that what you have to do is to take baby steps (or one step at a time). It is something that will no happen overnight. It takes a lot of work to change lifestyles and eating habits. It is something that does not happen overnight. One of the biggest issues I have dealt with is when going out and eating with other people is trying to eat real slowly while they are eating real fast. I will say that it has caused me to slim a lot and to have a few bp’s. I have also had issues with some types of foods. I eat most foods and not have a problem. I have had some issues with shredded pork, real thin potatoes. I have also notice that when eating sandwiches I do not eat hardly any of the bread. The head hunger is still there. My body is still trying to adjust to the fact that Iam eating less. My stomach still says I am hungry even though I am full. I really wish there was a way you can control this.

We have both notices changes in are bodies, we are down in clothes sizes, are bodies are a lot thinner and we have also noticed that we get colder easier than before. We are able to do a lot more things and spend longer times on them. For myself I have seen changes in my sleep apnea. I have gone from a setting of 12 down to a setting of 7. I am going from the machine to a herbest dental retainer to wear at night while sleeping. Iam only getting about 2 hours a night with the mask on. The doctor feels that this will work a lot better for me, since some people have problems. We have both gone to a new doctor who is band friendly and understands the issues that we are dealing with. I saw him on Monday as well and he said the blood pressure and all the blood test were good expect for my uric acid (gout) which is still high. Were not sure if the gout will go away or not at this time. My wife has had her meds changed and is slowly getting off of insulin and her other meds as well.

I know this is long but it has been a while since I have posted and I also wanted the new people that are coming in and getting ready for this procedure to understand that it does take work, it is not going to happen overnight and that the rewards are great. This has been one of the best things that we have done and would do it again.

Chris

Congrats on you and your wife's success and great attitudes towards this journey! I just started mine and am doing well. It's nice to see the positive along with the negatives! :-)

sleep Apena NSV

I found out last June that I had sleep apena and started using the CPAP machine about a month before being banded. I had a pressure setting of 12 and now down to a 7. I have lost close to 50lbs since being banded 6 months ago. I have been having problems with to much air etc. along with not wearing the mask the whole night. I talked to the doctor about it and he suggested that we try using a dental device instead. Insurance approved me for the device and I have started to use it and it is great. Here are pictures of the device. The dentist who deals only with sleep apnea feels that this device will work for me and that she wants to do a sleep study in about 4-6 months to ensure that it is working. If it is working then I will not need to use the CPAP.

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=2&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

Herbst_anterior_close_up.jpg (651k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=3&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_elastic_holder_buried.jpg (525k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=4&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

Herbst_heavy_hardware_side.jpg (548k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=5&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_heavy_Herner.jpg (618k) [View]

Photos: tr14x15_1.giftn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=2&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_Chris_Walters_2008_front.jpg (701k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=3&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_Chris_Walters_2008_front_1.jpg (689k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=4&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

So far the dental device seems to be working.

Chris

how did everyone survive the storms last night? i heard an Arby's on 291 s of the river was leveled. glad it wasn't burger king!

i haven't been out yet, but fox4 said 291 between 35 and 435 is impassable due to downed power lines and debris.

i will have to alter my path to work.

Hi, We were lucky in St. Joe and missed the brunt of the storms-hope everyone is ok and that they don't have to add major time finding new routes to work, etc. Have a good weekend.

It hit here about 15 minutes after I got to work this morning. It was a hum dinger of a storm. They say the worse one is coming this evening. Take care and stay safe everyone.

ANYONE BEEN THRU THIS PROGRAM???I Am Going To A Free Seminar 5-6 At New Start Realize Band

6921 S Lindbergh 7 Pm St Louis County

Phone# Is 314-268-6259

Edited by CHACHA

It is hard to believe that it was six months ago this week and next week that my wife and I were banded. Time sure has gone by fast. Combined we have lost over 70 lbs. We have had three fills each. I have a total of 5.2 cc in my band and I think she has 4cc. She has lost over 32 pounds and I have lost 45 since my high of 250 in June of 2007.

We went for are 6 month check-up with the surgeon and he feels that we are doing really well. He also feels that we are almost or right at the sweet spot. He could have done an adjustment next week but we both felt that it might make us to tight and would have to come back for an unfill. He did leave it open that if we felt that we needed a fill that we could call him and go in and have it done. He also said that we are on track with loosing 1-3 lbs a week and that by September which will be one year that we should be down another 30- 40 lbs. With summer coming on and able to get out and do more exercise etc. I really feel that we will make it.

We are both very please so far with the loss in weight, and wish to thank every one for all your support, advice and friendship. Without I doubt we would be here today. I will say that the last 9 months have gone real fast and we have seen a lot of changes in our lives in regards to health and other issues. It has been a real learning experience. People have asked if it has been easy? I would have to tell them no it has not. I tell them that what you have to do is to take baby steps (or one step at a time). It is something that will no happen overnight. It takes a lot of work to change lifestyles and eating habits. It is something that does not happen overnight. One of the biggest issues I have dealt with is when going out and eating with other people is trying to eat real slowly while they are eating real fast. I will say that it has caused me to slim a lot and to have a few bp’s. I have also had issues with some types of foods. I eat most foods and not have a problem. I have had some issues with shredded pork, real thin potatoes. I have also notice that when eating sandwiches I do not eat hardly any of the bread. The head hunger is still there. My body is still trying to adjust to the fact that Iam eating less. My stomach still says I am hungry even though I am full. I really wish there was a way you can control this.

We have both notices changes in are bodies, we are down in clothes sizes, are bodies are a lot thinner and we have also noticed that we get colder easier than before. We are able to do a lot more things and spend longer times on them. For myself I have seen changes in my sleep apnea. I have gone from a setting of 12 down to a setting of 7. I am going from the machine to a herbest dental retainer to wear at night while sleeping. Iam only getting about 2 hours a night with the mask on. The doctor feels that this will work a lot better for me, since some people have problems. We have both gone to a new doctor who is band friendly and understands the issues that we are dealing with. I saw him on Monday as well and he said the blood pressure and all the blood test were good expect for my uric acid (gout) which is still high. Were not sure if the gout will go away or not at this time. My wife has had her meds changed and is slowly getting off of insulin and her other meds as well.

I know this is long but it has been a while since I have posted and I also wanted the new people that are coming in and getting ready for this procedure to understand that it does take work, it is not going to happen overnight and that the rewards are great. This has been one of the best things that we have done and would do it again.

Chris

I have sleep apnea also. I am suppose to have my CPAP setting at 8, but due to air had it lowered to 6. I have tried many different masks since my sleep study but yet have one to find that is comfortable and does not give me panic attacks due to feelings of claustraphobia. I am very interested in your Herbst dental device. Continue to post on how it is working.