Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Co Worker JUST SAID WHAT????!!!!

Oh, yeah, that was a rude, sarcastic comment for sure. I would have probably hit her, lol. I dont give a rats behind what someone else thinks of my decision, to me it was worth it, and they can think what they like. But I might have said something very rude back to her, like F*ck off! But that's just me, I'm not shy.

I totally agree with SPOT's comment...I mean really who says sh*t like that? I think the dieting might be making her cranky. And we ARE doing it the old fashion way-dieting, drinking Water, and excercising.

Getting skinny is the BEST revenge!! lol

I probably would just tell her good luck on her journey. After all the co-worker is a fatty too. Even though she may be kind of a rude fatty! I asume you will still have to work with her and get along with her. Hopefully if you respond with some kindness she may loose some of her rudeness. If she doesn't then just hope she isn't rude to you anymore.

She may be jealous because she would like to have WLS too. Not everyone has the courage to take the steps!!!

Wow, these comments are great! Thanks everyone for the response. I told my DH and he said the same thing. JEALOUSY! As a previous poster pointed out, I think she believes she should be getting more cuddos for losing weight the Natural way vs WLS! Hey, we can all agree, we have all tried the natural way and gained it all back. The funny thing is our VP had it done too along with his wife... I went to their doctor. She knows, but still went on and on about how She would NEVER do lap band and she was going to do it the natural way... FUNNY thing is she is doing HCG and injecting herself everyday with needles! LOL.

I have been very quite about my surgery with both friends and co-workers. I can't stand to hear the comments about doing it the "old fashioned" way. I made the best decision for me and I am proud of my decision!!! Let your haters be your motivators!!!!

and this is exactly why I did not tell people

Why does weight loss/dieting etc bring out so many crazy comments from people? I will never understand it. Everyone knows how difficult it is too manage their weight. Be happy for whatever works for someone....Jenny Craig, WW, or surgery..people ought to be more considerate for pete sakes.

hater4.jpg

61c16511-94e4-4345-a528-59291a7599cc.gif

JOEJ__haters_gonna_hate_gif_by_jwonton.gif

pjEz7sVKcQ.gif

haters-gonna-hate.gif

55.gif

Rude and sarcastic....yes! She obviously is jealous or is not informed about the band. You made a good choice for you....that is all you need to think about. Sometimes it is so hard when we are doing so well to take the negative comments.

I have a similar situation at my work place. A woman had lap band two years ago and has lost 40lbs max. I had lapband surgery March 28, 2011 and have lost 48lbs to date but she constantly makes comments to others. I am trying to approach it in a more pro-active way. I have invited her to the support group that I attend. Offered advice from my surgeon. She still has a bad attitude toward me but I can't let that bother me. I had lap band surgery for myself and my health. If she doesn't like it--too bad!! I would have loved to lost weight the old fashioned way but that didn't work for me. Lap band has worked for me :).

The old fashioned way is just that "old fashioned". We are the "in" people. Lol ;)

She probably is jealous, Don't sweat the small stuff, keep your eye on your goal. but I am thinking that people on diets including us, probably be 'emotionally off" I am thinking if I cant have my comfort foods I might be crappy for a while I dont know, but we have always said that around here- on a diet, or stopped smoking... expect melt downs> anyone else think this way?

sounds like she is jealous to me.. I know what that feels like my mom (yes my mom) i believe is jealous she has been really obese since i can remember has lost 70 lbs over the last year with now 70 to go just by diet. Which has made her smaller than me which she has no problem throwing in my face. When i told her of my surgery date she said "so your really going through with it"? She dont want me to know but i know she is jealous she is afraid i am going to get thinner then her. it is sad to say but i get that vibe from her with things she has said and how she has acted.

I'd be a little pissy about it too! I had one girl say, "OH! You cheated! You did it the easy way!" :blink: Whatever!

So I was at my office and one of my co workers who has lost 50 lbs on her own (with 60 to go) found out I had lap band. No I was not as overweight as she was, but said " Well some of us HAVE to do it the old fashioned way." WITH a very sarcastic tone to her voice. I would have thought she was happy for me, but appently she is rather annoyed that I had it done! I am sooo glad I did this for myself despite what she thinks.

I haven't been banded [yet] but i have been doing a lot of research and from what i have read the band is more work than doing it "the old fashioned way" it takes much more discipline and people don't understand that the weight doesn't magically come off, you have to work with your band for it to work for you... I have gotten negative feedback from people who i told i was going to get banded, so i stopped telling people, I don't need/like negative energy, I just tell people who are on a need-2-know basis like my family and really close friends, which fortunately were all understanding. Keep up your good work and try not to let the negativity affect you. :)