Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Have bronchitis, I think. Have to call surgeons office at 9 when they open and see what they want to do. I'm young and have no chronic breathing trouble or apnea so hopefully they will still operate. Will let you know.

Hey guys, sorry for my absence the last couple of days...I love this site but the administrators have got some serious login problems, seeing as how 3 of us in this thread alone couldn't log in. I finally got in using my username (not my display name or email address), if anyone else has the problem. I thought I was going to have to recreate my whole profile, which really p!ssed me off!

Welcome to our new members, Moe-Moe, Meerkat135, Erica Pizzi, Wanttobeskinny22, Banded Karebear, GinaJmm4...sorry if I forgot anyone. Here is our updated list:

No date yet: kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 27:pkjjm31049

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, Banded Karebear, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk, Xtinabrown13, Ecinaj, Wanttobeskinny22

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky, Diana1980

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina, mfrancis

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A, Lisa_MC, Ginasjmm4

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, NewCruiseGirl2011, Denise'sjourney, Meerkat135

July 15: Shauna Deanne, Corize, JohnnyBoy, Labella624, Moe-Moe

July 18: Colee85, Bandmebaby!

July 19: Mrs. Schultz

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401

July 22: razzcat

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 26: Serifa

July 27: Healthy4Ever

July 28: Erica Pizzi

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama

Shauna

Shauna:

Glad to know it was not just me. I did; however, have to recreate my profile so am now NewCruiseGirl2011 (I added the New to the list above). Thanks for keeping this list up.

Being banded on 07/14 --5th day of Pre-op -- have hospital (anaestesia) and pre-op visits today and will post back. Looking forward to egg-drop Soup on week 2 post op!

Sending Good Vibes your way July 5 bandits! Hope all went well today, prayers being sent for you all.

Wannabe....That SUCKS! Hope your feeling better in no time and I hope things go forward for you as they are scheduled.

My July Band Buddies...

Tomorrow is my surgery date, finally! I completed my 2 week preop liquid only diet. Some days I had some lettuce and peppers though just to chew. I was doing great, down 11.2 lbs. I am assuming I haven't lost more because I have my monthly "visitor" and am very bloated.

Summer is my favorite season. If any of you are from the Northeast, I'm sure you'll agree. BBQs are also my favorite. And, the weekend before my surgery, I had THREE OF THEM.

The first BBQ I had my Protein Shakes and I was fine. The second BBQ was at my house. I had only 1 Protein Shake (as opposed to 4) and had a piece of cake and a cookie. The third BBQ, which was yesterday, was a nightmare. I had 2 Protein shakes (out of 4), about a 1/3c of baked Beans, a 1/4c potato salad and a piece of cake. I feel absolutely terrible to the point that I could cry. I was doing so well. Does this mean I can't do the Lapband and stick with the rules? Am I going to fail?

Just about all of my confidence has dropped. I came into the preop diet feeling so good and not messing up, and 12 days later I cheated. And to top it all off, I told my aunt yesterday that I was having surgery Wednesday. She gave me a look (not a nice one) and said really? You're having surgery???? And said "well, you can't eat what you ate today." I wanted to crawl into a HOLE. Granted, I did not eat as much as I normally would have, but still, I ate when I shouldn't have. I didn't want to tell her about the surgery but my mom told me I should because she thought my aunt would be upset if she found out afterwards. I should've never said anything. The only thing worse than cheating on my preop diet is hearing people say, in lesser words, that they don't think I can do it or it's not a good idea.

I guess you could consider this a confession or me just venting. I hate that I'm gonna go into surgery feeling so badly. I want this, and I don't want to mess it up. I have eaten nothing today because it is my clear liquid day before surgery... and I won't mess that up because of anesthesia, etc. I really hope my spirits lift a little before surgery tomorrow.

Sorry to bring you guys down! Please don't read this as a "poor me" type thing!

My pre op diet left me a mess! But my op went off without a hitch! You need to listen to yourself and not those who want to bring you down! :)

Crash,

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I am trying to remember that all my mimd's issues with food won't be solved overnight. The temptation of summer BBQ smells are insane on this pre-op diet. We took the kids to a town fair yesterday and the smell of sausage and peppers nearly made me pass out! I'm going to mark it as a personal success that I didn't go for one of those and only snuck a few pretzels and nuts. Holidays will probably always be a little tough for us, but we can support each other through them! as my surgeon says, he's not banding your head. And you will fall off the wagon in lots of ways over the years, the question is how fast you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on program. Keep your head up, you can do this :)

My July Band Buddies...

Tomorrow is my surgery date, finally! I completed my 2 week preop liquid only diet. Some days I had some lettuce and peppers though just to chew. I was doing great, down 11.2 lbs. I am assuming I haven't lost more because I have my monthly "visitor" and am very bloated.

Summer is my favorite season. If any of you are from the Northeast, I'm sure you'll agree. BBQs are also my favorite. And, the weekend before my surgery, I had THREE OF THEM.

The first BBQ I had my Protein Shakes and I was fine. The second BBQ was at my house. I had only 1 Protein Shake (as opposed to 4) and had a piece of cake and a cookie. The third BBQ, which was yesterday, was a nightmare. I had 2 Protein shakes (out of 4), about a 1/3c of baked Beans, a 1/4c potato salad and a piece of cake. I feel absolutely terrible to the point that I could cry. I was doing so well. Does this mean I can't do the Lapband and stick with the rules? Am I going to fail?

Just about all of my confidence has dropped. I came into the preop diet feeling so good and not messing up, and 12 days later I cheated. And to top it all off, I told my aunt yesterday that I was having surgery Wednesday. She gave me a look (not a nice one) and said really? You're having surgery???? And said "well, you can't eat what you ate today." I wanted to crawl into a HOLE. Granted, I did not eat as much as I normally would have, but still, I ate when I shouldn't have. I didn't want to tell her about the surgery but my mom told me I should because she thought my aunt would be upset if she found out afterwards. I should've never said anything. The only thing worse than cheating on my preop diet is hearing people say, in lesser words, that they don't think I can do it or it's not a good idea.

I guess you could consider this a confession or me just venting. I hate that I'm gonna go into surgery feeling so badly. I want this, and I don't want to mess it up. I have eaten nothing today because it is my clear liquid day before surgery... and I won't mess that up because of anesthesia, etc. I really hope my spirits lift a little before surgery tomorrow.

Sorry to bring you guys down! Please don't read this as a "poor me" type thing!

I think it may be that we just went through a "bbq" weekend, although I didn't partake, I AM HUNGRY TODAY!!!! Day 6 of liquid diet. I want to chew something - :o Surgery Thursday am.

Lisa B

Well I'm getting the band done on Thursday, July 7th. I'm not really nervous or excited I just want it over and done with. I've lost 36 pounds as of last Wednesday so I might be closer to 40 by now pre-surgery. Does anyone know how long I'll be sore afterwards? I know it varies depending on the individual but just a general guess would do. Anyone who recently had it done experience any problems? I'm just ready to eat something. I've still got another 2 weeks after surgery before I can start the pureed diet, and I'm not sure I can just blend up meat and eat it. In my book they recommend getting a taco bell bean and beef burrito and not eat the shell with sour cream, cheese, Beans and beef so I guess that's mashed down enough to eat. It sounds like I'll be eating KFC mashed potatoes for about 2 week, haha. Good luck to all.

weight.png

Ugh! Can't sleep, gas pain.

OK, Alygurl,

how did it go? We have the same practice, although I am with Dr, Nain. I go into Woodbridge on Thursday, bright and early.

Lisa B

En route to the hospital now! Yay!!!

Good luck,

I am a go for Woodbridge (Potomac) on Thursday. Let us know how you did.

Lisa B

Have bronchitis, I think. Have to call surgeons office at 9 when they open and see what they want to do. I'm young and have no chronic breathing trouble or apnea so hopefully they will still operate. Will let you know.

Hey Hodko,

You can be down from 2 days to a week depending on your pain tolerance and pain medicine. Thye say the more wlaking the better for getting rid of the gas they pump into at time of surgery. the gas in itself is a cause of discomfort, so the more you walk it off, the better. I plan on going to a def leppard concert 2 days after my procedure and my doctor doesn't see anything wrong in that, so my plan is to have little to no discomfort.......but it is always sunny and 75 in my world, so I will make it work out regardless!!!:lol: Great job on the 36 down.

Good luck,

Lisa B

Well I'm getting the band done on Thursday, July 7th. I'm not really nervous or excited I just want it over and done with. I've lost 36 pounds as of last Wednesday so I might be closer to 40 by now pre-surgery. Does anyone know how long I'll be sore afterwards? I know it varies depending on the individual but just a general guess would do. Anyone who recently had it done experience any problems? I'm just ready to eat something. I've still got another 2 weeks after surgery before I can start the pureed diet, and I'm not sure I can just blend up meat and eat it. In my book they recommend getting a taco bell bean and beef burrito and not eat the shell with sour cream, cheese, Beans and beef so I guess that's mashed down enough to eat. It sounds like I'll be eating KFC mashed potatoes for about 2 week, haha. Good luck to all.

weight.png

Woke up this morning and immediately thought of the July 5 bandsters .... here's hoping that everything goes well for you ! Wow Alygurl - a check in already - yougogirl !! Hope the gas subsides quickly.

Math was never my strong suit - I had in my mind that today was the first day of my pre-op diet. Again, woke up and it hit me - I'm having surgery on a Thr - my pre-op diet is two weeks - today is Tuesday so NO - pre-op starts on Thr ... I guess I cannot count to 14.

Any other pre-ops start on Thr?

Woke up this morning and immediately thought of the July 5 bandsters .... here's hoping that everything goes well for you ! Wow Alygurl - a check in already - yougogirl !! Hope the gas subsides quickly.

Math was never my strong suit - I had in my mind that today was the first day of my pre-op diet. Again, woke up and it hit me - I'm having surgery on a Thr - my pre-op diet is two weeks - today is Tuesday so NO - pre-op starts on Thr ... I guess I cannot count to 14.

Any other pre-ops start on Thr?

Lol! Luckily the hospital has wireless and they let me use my iPhone! It kept me sane last night when I was too uncomfortable to sleep!!!

Thanks...think I will try some of this!

Shauna

Here is the soy Protein Powder that I found that was good!!! The downside is that I cannot find anywhere in town that sells it. I ordered my container from vitaminshoppe.com but I just went to look it up and it says it isn't there anymore!! You can order from their website but pretty expensive. Mine was $30 including shipping from vitaminshoppe.com I bet you could find another internet spot that is cheaper. I'll include the link below. They also make vanilla, which is pretty good.

I mix in a little bit of powdered Peanut Butter (bellplantation.com) - the only place in AZ that carries this locally is House of Fitness. There are several locations, I think there was one in Mesa. I just ordered 4 containers of it - it tastes EXACTLY like peanut butter!!! Made the chocolate soy drinks much more palatable. Also, I found chocolate soy powder at Sunflower. It wasn't too bad, but it got me to the surgery date and then the day of surgery the stuff I ordered arrived.

http://www.topsecret...-chocolate.html

Top Secret will mail you a sample of vanilla and chocolate if you ask them for those specifically. The peanut butter place has samples (2 for $4), but really, if you like peanut butter, you will NOT be disappointed, just spring for a container. It is WELL worth it. I'm a true critic, and if I can drink this stuff, anyone can!! :)

Amy