Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies In Charlotte - Update

I have an update. I got my rny date. It's going to be 2/22/06 at north east medical. I just have to figure out the childcare logisticals for overnight. ALot of people have offered to keep our daughter overnight, but really, you can trust so few with your kids. Do you know if North East medical allows kids in the hosptial when the parent is having surgery.

Yes, my husband will be there watching her.

I have a month from today. I hope to come to lunch next weeked, but we've got a major car problem going on.

I did want to say too, Mrs Sabre Is next. I've spoken with her off line and I've confirmed that lap band is definitly not the right option for me. The rny will be. I really cannot committ to the follow up lapband visits that's the main reason why I choose rny. I felt the lap band post op care was too overwhelming for me. Good luck to all who are waiting.

PS. No birthcontrol decision yet. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :notagree

Congratulations on your surgery date! I also wanted to let you know that although I never asked anyone about it, my little boy did stay with my husband and my parents at the hospital. I don't see why they would have a problem with it. After all, you know you want to give them a big hug before you go in surgery!

Congrats. I saw plenty of kids down in the waiting area. It'll be a long couple of hours for hubby though. Can someone else go wtih him so when you go to presurgery prep they can hang out with the little one until you actually go into surgery? Hubby will be in the waiting area during surgery and they will take him up to your room when you are in recovery usually. Children should be alright in the room.

Melissa

Yay! You got a date! Congrats! Do your best to come Sat so we'll see you at least once pre-surgery. You'll be shrinking lots faster than the rest of us and we'll be very envious!

I'm sure it's fine for your daughter to be in the waiting room with hubby. And once you get into your room post-surgery, it should be no problem having her there. Will anyone else be at the hospital to help your hubby with her? You probably don't want to have her there overnight. If you really want your hubby there with you, she'll need someone at home. But you are right...you can't just send her any ole place. Choose carefully! Good luck.

What great news. You must be so excited. Will you have help with your little one after the surgery, when your home? Are you in the hospital 2 nights?

Hope you can make it on Saturday. I love this idea of monthly individual pics!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes. My daughter will actually be in preschool during my surgery time. I was actually thinking of in the evening if I wanted her to come to spend the night at the hospital because of the distance between gastonia and concord. I figure something will work out.

I got mixed reviews someone told me to have my husband there at the night time to help with bathroom runs and stuff. Then the same person told me to send them home and keep them on schedule. WHich should I do.

I do know if my husband comes home wednesday night then thursday morning daughter can go back to preschool and he will be free to spend the day with me. It's just alot of driving. My understanding right now is that i will be in the hospital 3 days. I hope it goes quick. I'd love to get a portable dvd play to take there to pass some time. I got an Ipod to bring too. And books, magazines. I might go stir crazy being in the room alone for too long.

I am hoping to come saturday, we've got one car on the fritz so I'll see what I can do. Maybe Mrs Sabe would let me ride out with her.

Nurses are there at night to help with trips to the bathroom and stuff. I know what you mean, but keeping them on schedule is better for everyone! Plus you'll be sleeping a good bit, I'd imagine? Especially that first night. That hospital in Concord is nice, I'll bet there are DVD players in the rooms, or you could get one to use without having to buy one...check into that before you spend the money unless you want one anyway.

I say let hubby stay home with daughter. She can visit that evening and get a good night's sleep in her own bed. So can hubby, and he'll be available for you the next day. Yep, that's what I'd do.

I sent hubby home and he came back the next day. It's not too bad of a drive, it is all interstate. I live at Little Rock Road exit...so I'm as close to Gastonia as you get with out actually being there I think. You probally won't feel much like watching a whole movie...and they do have cable there at the hospital. The first day you will be sleeping alot. The nurses where great coming and helping me get up for the bathroom and I went EVERY 2 hours like clockwork. LOL They had to take off my leg compression thingies, unplug the machine and help me up. Then after pottying and walking a bit (do that as much as possible the walking) They came back in and helped me get hooked up and get my pillows just right...all to do it again in a couple of hours.

Melissa

I agree, let them go home and sleep. You'll be sleeping anyway. I was in for 2 nights and the 1st day DH was there pretty much the whole time. I mostly said WOW and then fell asleep. Kids who are adults came to visit and they still laugh at how all I said was WOW..Drugs were good, I felt like I was on a roller coaster you know the wow feeling I'm talking about.

Thanks, i think i'm gonna let them just go home and keep their schedule.

The really important day is surgery day and discharge day. I do know that I am looking forward to this and I so wish I had family here in nc.

but i don't. thank for your support.

Jennifer, my sister is a nurse @ NE. Of course it's on the peds floor but she says there are DVD players there. So you should be good there. I am really just 10 mins away from the hospital so I can come and help you in anyway you need. I am with Kathy we are your family now so just tell us what you want us to do and we are there for you. I can come after work and sit with you for a few hours...whatever you need.

cathy and kim theses post brought tears to my eyes. You guys made me feel so, so special. I often feel alone down here. I will definitly come saturday do you think melissa would bring child? if so I could bring queen chloe. otherwise I iwll try to come. I might even try to ride with karen.

i'm get with kim tomorrow and Iron this out. I never get moved to tears but this did it. Thank ou so much - It's so hard to let people helpe you.

:scared: :scared: :eek: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :) :girl_hug: :girl_hug:

Jennifer, I'd be glad to pick you up and bring to tomorrow. I'll e-mail you later today for directions to your house.