Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sure you will get a good Dr. to take his place, and then with a fill, you will be on your way.

Between the fills, (I HAVE HAD3) last one .1 it's a small 4cc band. and the medication being in the Normal Range, Walking 3 times a week, and trying to stay under 1200 calories Whew ! It is all starting to come together.

I feel good though, especially with the Thyroid. So it's Due !

Nice to see you back on. Hope your doing well. A Big Congrats on the Wedding Have a Great Time.

Before you know it, you'll be Grandma... I know I am, and I love it.

See Ya, Shirley.

That's awesome Shirley! I am down about 20 pds. I have 3cc in my 10cc band and believe I am ready for a small fill, as I feel hungry after about 2 hrs. I called the doc's office today and find out my surgeon has left the practice. Now I am all stressed about my next fill appointment (August 16th) and the fact I have to get used to another doc. Seems like it is always something.

Also, my son is getting married the end of September in Las Vegas. I will be flying from NC to Vegas and was wondering what flight experiences any of you have had with the lapband.

Congrats on losing 20lbs! I have been flying since a week after my surgery (and every week since then for work) and haven't felt any pain or discomfort from the band. My doctor told me the only thing that might happen is that the restriction might be tighter after the flight due to the altitude...but it hasn't had any effect on me. Hope that helps!

Hi guys! I also have hypothyroidism. I take 25mg per day of Levothyroxine, and have been on the same dose since I was diagnosed about 7 years ago. Anyone else take that dosage? My surgery is schedule for 10/28/11 with Dr Ortiz in Tijuana, Mexico. I'm trying to start my pre-op diet early (they want me to lose about 20 lbs) and it's already difficult. Weighed myself last night and no change. I think i'm also slightly hypoglycemic. I'm a sugar addict, but when I eat too much of it, I crash so i've been trying to do more Protein and complex carbs, and trying to eat less in general but it's SO hard..which is the reason i'm getting the surgery, I can eat and eat and eat and don't get full. Can't wait to feel full again!

I had my surgery on 12/27/10 and was flying to FL to see my grandbabies in early April. I had NO problems .... I too was curious to see if there would be any problem with the pressure of the plane and whatever else.

The only thing I did do was stuggled too hard to get my suitcase up into the over head compartment. I think I might have pulled my port a little because it was pretty sore. Just be careful pushing and pulling your suitcase! :D

Congrats on your son's wedding!!! and have lots of FUN in Vegas!!

That's awesome Shirley! I am down about 20 pds. I have 3cc in my 10cc band and believe I am ready for a small fill, as I feel hungry after about 2 hrs. I called the doc's office today and find out my surgeon has left the practice. Now I am all stressed about my next fill appointment (August 16th) and the fact I have to get used to another doc. Seems like it is always something.

Also, my son is getting married the end of September in Las Vegas. I will be flying from NC to Vegas and was wondering what flight experiences any of you have had with the lapband.

Hi guys! I also have hypothyroidism. I take 25mg per day of Levothyroxine, and have been on the same dose since I was diagnosed about 7 years ago. Anyone else take that dosage? My surgery is schedule for 10/28/11 with Dr Ortiz in Tijuana, Mexico. I'm trying to start my pre-op diet early (they want me to lose about 20 lbs) and it's already difficult. Weighed myself last night and no change. I think i'm also slightly hypoglycemic. I'm a sugar addict, but when I eat too much of it, I crash so i've been trying to do more Protein and complex carbs, and trying to eat less in general but it's SO hard..which is the reason i'm getting the surgery, I can eat and eat and eat and don't get full. Can't wait to feel full again!

Welcome aboard !

I saw your surgery date, and Flashed Back in time....

I was banded 10/31/06

So almost 5 years now. I lost weight, regained it on a empty band over around 3 yrs...

Now with a New Dr., and the proper fill level, I' working at it again.

But I like your date.

I just love this thread! I am pre band and also have hypothyroidism. I have lost almost 40 lbs over the past year just trying to get approved for the band and it has been incredibly hard, but I haven't given up. I always come here and read all these posts from the "hypo bandster" and y'all keep me going! I just wanted to say THANK YOU ALL for sharing. :D

i have had hypothyroidism for almost 15 years...I had my surgery 13 months ago and I am down 148 pounds. My low acting thyroid has not slowed my weightloss down so far. I have 32 left to lose to reach my goal. I hope that it doesn't decide to kick in now! Have faith...I am one success story of someone with hypo!

i have had hypothyroidism for almost 15 years...I had my surgery 13 months ago and I am down 148 pounds. My low acting thyroid has not slowed my weightloss down so far. I have 32 left to lose to reach my goal. I hope that it doesn't decide to kick in now! Have faith...I am one success story of someone with hypo!

That is awesome! I will be so glad when I am finally in my green zone and not feeling hungry all the time. I was banded 03/31/2011 and so far lost 20pds, which I feel like was by starvation. Can you share what portion sizes and foods you eat on a typical day and are you excercising?

I have had thyroid disease for more than 30 yrs.

Again, Congratulations!

I eat a cup of food every meal and one snack. I eat a Protein Shake for breakfast...one cup of 1% milk, scoop of Protein Powder and 1/2 banana. For lunch I could eat Soup, rice, Pasta, anything really but I make sure there is a Protein on my plate and for supper I eat any meat to half a cup and then have veggies and my starch. I love deviled eggs for my Snacks and cheese sticks. I drink sugarfree juices like crystal lite or koolaid. I gave up bread because my band doesn't like it but i do eat biscuits, wraps and english muffins. No food is off limits I just measure to one cup and will not eat it unless there is a protein. I do exercise but it's not traditional...my job is active...I am a preschool teacher and care for 8 children...they keep me on my toes and my daughter is almost 4 and she does the same thing evenings and weekends :) So always on the move.

That is GREAT ! It shows their is hope for the slow loser.

Nice Job, and don't throw in the Towel yet.

As you may recall my doctor is no longer with the practice. I was asked, if I wanted to follow my doctor or be assigned a new doctor in the practice. I chose that practice due to it’s Center of Excellence standards and based on several recommendations. So, I elected to stay with the practice and switch to a new doctor.

I met my new doc for the first time today and was not impressed. He asked me if I had seen the commercial with him in it, with one of his lapband patients. He then goes on to say that in a year’s time she had met her goal. She did this by going to the gym two times a day, seven times a week! Pardon my language here but, this man if is full of sh@#! If we all went to the gym twice daily seven days a week and ate the small portions we are eating now, we would not need a lapband. He was reluctant to give me a fill, even though he did and told me to follow up in 4 months! He also wants me to start doing push ups! He says my 1.5 miles walks and 3 mile bike rides were not enough.

I am just so frustrated right now!

Melonie

He sounds like an Ass****! I'm glad I do not have him to deal with.

Sherry.

As you may recall my doctor is no longer with the practice. I was asked, if I wanted to follow my doctor or be assigned a new doctor in the practice. I chose that practice due to it's Center of Excellence standards and based on several recommendations. So, I elected to stay with the practice and switch to a new doctor.

I met my new doc for the first time today and was not impressed. He asked me if I had seen the commercial with him in it, with one of his lapband patients. He then goes on to say that in a year's time she had met her goal. She did this by going to the gym two times a day, seven times a week! Pardon my language here but, this man if is full of sh@#! If we all went to the gym twice daily seven days a week and ate the small portions we are eating now, we would not need a lapband. He was reluctant to give me a fill, even though he did and told me to follow up in 4 months! He also wants me to start doing push ups! He says my 1.5 miles walks and 3 mile bike rides were not enough.

Melonie

He doesn't just sound like an ass, he was an ass. I have not seen any posts on this site where someone state they excercised that much. I just have to decide how I want to proceed with my post op care. I was banded 03/31/2011 and have had 3 post op visits and have lost 23 pds. and he tells me to come back in 4 mths. I am paying a $70.00 copay each visit. So it is not like I am being seen for no fee. I am really disappointed and just want this to work for me. :(

Everything I have read concerning follow up after lapband states:

Follow-up visits are usually scheduled every 6 weeks for the year following the surgery for lap band fills (adjustments) and overall health exams. After that year has passed the individual is encouraged to visit his/her doctor every three months for check-ups throughout the next two years. During the follow-up visits the doctor will check on how the patient has been doing with their Lap-Band and whether there are any issues that have arisen which cause the patient to have questions.

He sounds like an Ass****! I'm glad I do not have him to deal with.

Sherry.

As you may recall my doctor is no longer with the practice. I was asked, if I wanted to follow my doctor or be assigned a new doctor in the practice. I chose that practice due to it's Center of Excellence standards and based on several recommendations. So, I elected to stay with the practice and switch to a new doctor.

I met my new doc for the first time today and was not impressed. He asked me if I had seen the commercial with him in it, with one of his lapband patients. He then goes on to say that in a year's time she had met her goal. She did this by going to the gym two times a day, seven times a week! Pardon my language here but, this man if is full of sh@#! If we all went to the gym twice daily seven days a week and ate the small portions we are eating now, we would not need a lapband. He was reluctant to give me a fill, even though he did and told me to follow up in 4 months! He also wants me to start doing push ups! He says my 1.5 miles walks and 3 mile bike rides were not enough.

Melonie

That's unrealistic ! That's one of the first things we learn is to set realistic Goals............... Sh&t,,,, I would be dead if I tried to do all that, and I am not kidding. Or these Artificial Knees would where right out.

I told my original surgeon, when he wanted me to bust my @ss, (AND BY THE WAY, AS FAR AS AFTERCSRE, HE TURNED OUT TO BE A @SS.) I told him it was out of the question, my Orthopedic Surgeon says "JUST WALK!" Well he was pissed, and I stuck with it.. I said I will do what I can......

I eventually got a new surgeon, and he is a decent guy,

Maybe you need to move on too. Or set him straight !

Sounds like his head is swollen to.

I travel a little over 100 miles one way to see him. There's NO ONE up here where I am located.

So he accepted me in as a patient, so we must drive it.....

I'm sure you can find closer, and just tell them your surgeon moved on.

Have you googled him, and seen where he is at ? That might be doable for you.

I wish you Luck, Shirley.

Thanks Ladies! He just made me feel like a band failure and I am only 4 mths into this journey. When I check with the other March 2011 bandsters I am behind what most of them are losing. I know this experience is different for everyone and will be for me. I know I can lose this weight, but it will be in my body's time schedule. I really had myself stressed out about this last night and could hardly sleep.

Any of you also have fibromyalgia? Some days I skip the exercise because of this and go straight to bed when I get off work. This man has really got me down and I have to get my mojo back.

I made an appointment with my nutritionist so she can review my food diary and another one with my counselor.