Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eating more then i should

i know i should only eat about a cup of food, but i am still hungry after that,so i have been eating when hungry.most of the time its actual hunger so i give in,i go for my 3rd fill the 24th,is anyone else like this??

i know i should only eat about a cup of food,but i am still hungry after that,so i have been eating when hungry.most of the time its actual hunger so i give in,i go for my 3rd fill the 24th,is anyone else like this??

I'm barely going in for my 2nd fill this Thursday, I am always STARVING!!! No matter what time of the day or night it is. I hope this fill helps me. I feel like a complete failure.

i know i should only eat about a cup of food,but i am still hungry after that,so i have been eating when hungry.most of the time its actual hunger so i give in,i go for my 3rd fill the 24th,is anyone else like this??

It is to be expected. Some people never get the feeling of satiety they are supposed to with the band (unfortunate), but others do. I would say that my level of satiety is about a 7. I am not getting another fill until I am able to start eating a real Breakfast again (I am too tight in the mornings). I wish I was a little tighter in the evenings because I can eat more than a cup as well. My PA told me to stop eating before I am full (I guess she feels that you will stuff yourself and stretch the pouch). Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Sometimes the hunger beast is just too much to conquer and I give in. I hope that the next fill does it for you, otherwise you will have to keep pumping along. I just say try to hold out if you can. Maybe you can throw in some healthy Snacks instead of eating just 3 times a day (I know most surgeons say only 3 meals a day and no Snacks, maybe they feel we will go back to our old ways of eating).

Oh, please don't feel like a failure. Please remember there are no failures, just learning experiences. You know what it feels like to still be hungry so just know that the right feeling is coming. I have had 3 fills and each one has been different. In one of the forum's I read on here, it said that as we lose weight, the fat pad around the band shrinks and we may have to continue to get fills but along about the 6th or 7th fill mark, the adjustments will get smaller. Please look at it from that perspective. Also, for those whom it takes more of a fill to reach your sweet spot, you may just have a smaller pie hole opening so it takes more fills to make it smaller than it would someone with a larger opening. I understand where you are. I go for my 4th fill on the 23rd of this month and I have to admit that I seem to be hungrier this month than I have been. Maybe I need to ask them to give me a tad bit more of a fill.

If you are anything like me, I have spent years dispising my body and beating myself up for what I am not. I am impatient with my weight and have had times when I just could not look in the mirror and liked what I saw. I want this weight to fall off my bones and I don't want to be hungry in the process. Well, I got sick and tired of that. This is the only body I am ever going to have. I beat it up and that just didn't work. The more I hated it, the worse I made things. I prayed for help for so many years. I got it. Not only was I banded and the weight is coming off (not as fast as I would like) but I have discovered that I can roll over in bed easier. I am jogging (very surprising that I love it) and yesterday I sat in a chair and saw myself cross my legs. I am taking note of the things that are working and the things that are not. I know I am hungrier than I was and with a week to go until my next fill, I am just filling myself full of things that I enjoy that are low in calories. I have been eating pickles and some tuna with low fat mayo with olive oil, pickle relish and celery seed. It is really good. I know I have to push forward with this and I am determined to succeed.

I did as someone on here suggested and got a charm Bracelet and I put my next charm out on my desk to remind myself what I am working towards. I put a charm on my bracelet for every 10 lbs I loose. So far, I have got 3 charms on there and I have one more pound to lose before I can add the 4th. I also bought my other 10 charms and take them out and look at them from time to time to help decide which order I am going to add them. I am going to spend about an hour after while and take up the waistbands of all of my pants. I know the hunger can get to you and be very distracting but PLEASE don't beat yourself up. Keep seeing yourself as completing your goal and be determined to make it to your next fill and know that this time it is going to work. When? When it does............and it will. We only fail when we give up. You know your next fill is coming and if it takes 5 more then it takes 5 more. If it's fine this month and not the next then you may be losing your fat pad around your band (woo hoo) and may need another adjustment to not be as hungry. We can look at the hunger as a sign that we are weak and need to beat ourselves up someone or we can use it as a sign that we just need another fill and this too shall pass.

As for me, I plan on telling my doc that I am a lot more hungrier this time. My explanation to him of what is going on is the only way he knows how much to add and I am charming and persistant and usually get my way. This is my body and my journey, just as it is yours. Hang in there sunshine. We are on our way.

For me, three fills gave me some restriction. Seems like I have read on here that 3 fills does it for a lot of people. I sure hope it is the magic number for you! Best wishes.

If you are hungry, before 4 or 5 hours, then you need more fill :) but don't ever expect to be stuffed. If I get that feeling I feel like crap and I'm SO full of gas it's terribly uncomfortable.

Maybe eat a little more? Just find things that are lower calorie so you can have more of them. There is no set amount on what you should eat. Just make sure you keep your calories in check. For me, I'm not satisfied with 3 bites of food, but some people are. My meals are fairly substantial just low in calories.