Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Jessrosec3 and aroundthetown,

YAY for June 20th!!! The start of our new lives!! Now there are at least 5 of us with the same date; we can be our own little group!!! Too bad we're not all in the same area of town!!!

I've done ok on my pre-op diet....didn't do so great the first 2 days but have gotten better at it each day! I'm allowed 2-3 Protein Shakes per day plus 1-2 small low fat, no carb meals...that's been the hardest!!!! But I am doing ok, just HUNGRY all the time!! The Protein Drinks only keep my hunger away about 2 hours....I might try doubling up the powder and see if that helps. I am snacking during the day on either fresh fruit or lowfat cheese (mini babybell and laughing cow light). I don't eat green veggies, so that has been a hard thing for me to give up what veggies I do eat (corn and potatoes!!) Went out to eat last night and ate my salad and steak and did so good not eating any of hubby's stuffed baked potato, which looked so delicious!!!

One more week!!!! Going to meet a nutritionist (not affiliated with my doctor) on Thursday and then getting fitted for my stupid CPAP machine that I have to take to surgery.......

Looking forward to next Monday....can it hurry up and get here already?!?!?!?

Good luck to y'all as well!!! :rolleyes:

Yes we can be our own little 20th bander group lol I got my cpap last week, I have the nose pillows which arnt too bad but I havent slept a whole night with it on yet...Ive been taking it off in my sleep. Tomorrow I am getting a stint put in to help prevent blood clots. This is the only thing I havent heard of yet. I guess because I have a high bmi I am more prone to blood clots so the stint is sort of like a back up plan along with the leg massagers they make you wear, blood thinners and walking as much as I can right after sugery. So that will be tomorrow morning. Cant wait till Monday when we will all be banded together yaaaay :D KIT

Ugh. 8 days in and I cheated! I'm SO mad at myself! I hope I didn't potentially mess up my surgery. I'm a week away, do you think it will make a difference? It was a BAD cheat. I feel so guilty!!! Has anybody else cheated?

GIRL, Don't beat yourself up!!!!

I've cheated too!!! I was mad at myself but had to put on my big girl panties (yet again!) and deal with it!! Move on and take each day as a new opportunity to make it right! :P

When I first had my consultation, the patient advocate said to lose 7-10 pounds on pre-op diet or doctor won't do surgery. THE END.

However, when I went for pre-op with surgeon, I had lost a few pounds already and asked him how much more he required me to lose, and he said "it doesn't matter how much you lose, just that you lose something....the more you lose prior to surgery, the better your chances for greater weight loss after sugery." THE END.

So, I am listening to what HE said and not the PA!!! I've lost 10 total since my consultation, and while I hope to lose a few more before Monday, I will do my best and not beat myself up if I fall down...that won't help!!! I am only human; I am only a failure if I give up now!!!

Now, put on your big girl panties and deal with it sister!! I totally mean that in a nice way!!!!!

Monday will be here soon and it won't be long before we no longer have to buy "big girl panties!" We'll just have to put on our small girl panties!!! LOL :lol:

kristi

Ugh. 8 days in and I cheated! I'm SO mad at myself! I hope I didn't potentially mess up my surgery. I'm a week away, do you think it will make a difference? It was a BAD cheat. I feel so guilty!!! Has anybody else cheated?

Just got home a few hours ago. Feeling pretty good. I don't have much pain but just uncomfortable. I will probably end up sleeping on my recliner for a couple nights. Good luck to everyone!

Had my surgery June 8th - liguid diet is not so bad just have to get past the first couple of days and then much easier. I am on "sliders now- bso if it can fit thru a straw I can have it. :) You will be so happy when you do the banding! After 1.5 days of sleeping started feeling good~ Day 5 sarted riding my excercise bike again I LOVE THIS JOURNEY AND YOU WILL TOO~ :lol:

Hi everyone am so happy my surgery will be June 1st am a little nervous but very happy cause this will be a new beginning to my life!!

I'm having a hard time! Day 3 of pre-op diet which consists of shakes and a couple 2 carb Protein Bars a day and that is all I get! :( I want to eat.... I don't know if this is more emotional hunger or physical. I want to crawl out of my skin and just go eat. Everything around me looks good and smells good. :( Making my son dinner tonight was hard, I wanted a bite. I get banded on the 28th so I have a ways to go. Does this get any easier?

Just got my surgery date today. June 27, 2011 I will be banded. So excited!

I just had my pre-surgery education class today, and will also be banded June 27th! WooHoo!

RedheadGirl,

It does get somewhat easier! I get banded Monday June 20 and haven't done awesome on the pre-op, but each day gets a little better than the day before. I agree it is so hard to see and smell what others are having and not be able to enjoy it too!!! Some days I am ready to gnaw my own arm off, but then I realize it's not on my diet list!!! It's an emotional hunger that we are dealing with and you have to NOT let the food win!!! I suck at will power so if I can attempt the pre-op, you can too!!!

soon it will all be worth it!!!!

good luck!!

I'm having a hard time! Day 3 of pre-op diet which consists of shakes and a couple 2 carb Protein bars a day and that is all I get! :( I want to eat.... I don't know if this is more emotional hunger or physical. I want to crawl out of my skin and just go eat. Everything around me looks good and smells good. :( Making my son dinner tonight was hard, I wanted a bite. I get banded on the 28th so I have a ways to go. Does this get any easier?

hey everyone.. glad 2 announce 2moro is my surgery. i survived so far.. so anxious,scared but ready for this new journey of life...i even lost a few pounds. i'm so glad i joined this site. it has been very informative & u guys r great supporters..:D

First time posting. :D

My surgery date is June 23rd. I was supposed to do a 2 week liquid pre-op diet, but since I just received approval June 10th and started the diet June 11th, it will be 12days. It is hard to stick to the diet, it's tough watching everyone else eat "normal" things.

I'm back home in Oregon working at my own desk today. Went in for my post-op appointment. I have lost 12 pounds total since the surgery (one week ago today). I suspect it is Water weight. I got my staples out, and they have been replaced with steri-strips, and I got the okay to start transitioning to mushies. Woohoo! :D Hope everyone else is doing well!

Thankyou Kittyforet, it is nice to know that others are going through this at the same time as me. :)

RedheadGirl,

It does get somewhat easier! I get banded Monday June 20 and haven't done awesome on the pre-op, but each day gets a little better than the day before. I agree it is so hard to see and smell what others are having and not be able to enjoy it too!!! Some days I am ready to gnaw my own arm off, but then I realize it's not on my diet list!!! It's an emotional hunger that we are dealing with and you have to NOT let the food win!!! I suck at will power so if I can attempt the pre-op, you can too!!!

soon it will all be worth it!!!!

good luck!!

I'm getting my band on June 30...i have so many emotions going on right now that I really don't know how to feel. I'm scared of surgery, scared of failing, scared of being skinny (weird I know), but all in the same breath...i'm sooo excited! I'm having an EGD done this coming Monday and then Wednesday is my pre-op appointment and Thursday I start my one week pre-op diet...which is a light diet until 3 days before and then i begin the clear liquid diet!

Good luck to you!!! Don't feel weird about being scared of being skinny. This is a big change, and it's normal to be scared about such a big change. Hope your surgery goes well.