Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraged :( :(

Banded Feb 9th 2011....Was doing fantastic....still working out- still making better choices and eating less- NOT LOSING! More often gaining...

I have had one fill already - felt restrictions in the first two weeks then nothing...I can basically eat whatever. I think that I need another fill. I do make better choices and I work out constantly but I don't seem to lose like I did in the past or sometimes even at all! I get so upset when my scale goes up or doesn't move. I just don't understand it...

I have started (the past two days) eating crap cuz I feel like I just want to give up. I went through all this and all I lose is 42 lbs? I still fit in my old clothes...Most days I feel as fat as I did when I started :( Just venting my frustrations ...

i understand your frustrations. my clothes still fit the same way too. i was really discouraged in the beginning because i was not losing. then i started doing some reading on here to see what the "old timers" were doing to lose. i finally decided on a low carb, high Protein diet. that has helped so much. now everyday the scales are going down. not a lot at a time... just 2 tenths of a pound or 4 tenths of a pound, everyday... but at least it's not staying the same or gaining.

i eat meat and green veggies. and drink lots of Water. anytime i crave something, i eat a piece of meat and it satisfies me.

not sure if this interests you or not... just thought i'd share. good luck and hang in there! you can do this!

I was banded 11-10-10 and have only lost 25 pounds since then, but I'm excited about that loss. You have me beat by nearly double in less time. But remember, this is not a race. I basically think people should just expect NOT to loose until you're about 6 months out. Until you get good restriction, expect that you're just doing any old diet like before you were banded. Then, when you do loose anything the first 6 months you will be proud of the success. I think you may have built up your expectations too high. I don't want to sound depressing, but gaining more realistic expectations will definitely change your attitude. This probably isn't what you wanted to hear. But I would rather loose very slowly with long plateaus then to become discouraged, eat junk and then loose nothing. It's all about perspective. I hope this brings you some hope!

42 lbs is FANTASTIC! i was banded 2/24/11 and only lost 15 so far! Its not a race and remember your body has to work really hard to undo years of all the crap we ate before! Your doing great.! i was very discouraged untill about 2 weeks ago. I got my fill that really ment restriction for me! I am 5.5 in a 10cc band and feel the restriction for right now! I believe its really starting to work! I have decided instead of being down about not losing or just blowing my hard work, I am embracing the fact that I have lost 15lbs and if I keep this rate up 15lb every 2 months thats a possibility of 52lbs off by december! When you think about it...WHEN ELSE Would that EVER really happen!!!!!!! your doing great keep your head up. When do you get another fill?

42 lbs is FANTASTIC! i was banded 2/24/11 and only lost 15 so far! Its not a race and remember your body has to work really hard to undo years of all the crap we ate before! Your doing great.! i was very discouraged untill about 2 weeks ago. I got my fill that really ment restriction for me! I am 5.5 in a 10cc band and feel the restriction for right now! I believe its really starting to work! I have decided instead of being down about not losing or just blowing my hard work, I am embracing the fact that I have lost 15lbs and if I keep this rate up 15lb every 2 months thats a possibility of 52lbs off by december! When you think about it...WHEN ELSE Would that EVER really happen!!!!!!! your doing great keep your head up. When do you get another fill?

You are doing great!!! You were banded a day after me and have lost over 10+ pounds than I have. Pat yourself on the back!!! We are barely 3 months out and that amt of weight within that time is awesome! Don't beat yourself up hun. Trust me, you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. Im going to walk around my building now LOL.

Have you ever lost 42 lb in 3 months before? I think that's a great weightloss! I have done really well when I look at the big picture but I sometimes get discouraged from time to time after I have made some particularily bad choices. What the band has helped me do is get back on track MUCH quicker than I have with previous diets or weightloss plans. I think I've had about 4 fills now (I'm at 5.5cc in a 10cc band) and while I'm still on mushies after that fill, I suspect this will be the one that makes the big difference. You just have to hang on until that band starts helping you out. You can do it!

You may or may not ever get restriction. I had restriction the 1st 2 wks. after surgery from the swelling. Since then.............nothing! :-( 16 fills in less than 18 mos. and still no restriction/green zone! It has been a complete waste of time and money for me!!!

Hope t hings work out better for u with the band!

Banded Feb 9th 2011....Was doing fantastic....still working out- still making better choices and eating less- NOT LOSING! More often gaining...

I have had one fill already - felt restrictions in the first two weeks then nothing...I can basically eat whatever. I think that I need another fill. I do make better choices and I work out constantly but I don't seem to lose like I did in the past or sometimes even at all! I get so upset when my scale goes up or doesn't move. I just don't understand it...

I have started (the past two days) eating crap cuz I feel like I just want to give up. I went through all this and all I lose is 42 lbs? I still fit in my old clothes...Most days I feel as fat as I did when I started :( Just venting my frustrations ...