Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LC peeps- do you use sweeteners?

I really am only using sweeteners in my Hot drinks at this point, but I'm curious what other people do. When I was doing South Beach a couple of years ago, the big fad was using agave nectar (which is yummy and I really liked). I fell pretty hard off that wagon and now that my WOE is low carb, high Protein, I'm curious what others are doing.

I bought Sun Crystals- I don't like them. I've learned that anything with Stevia tastes too chemical to me, like Sweet 'n' Low. I tried Splenda this morning and that was better. What do you use?

Splenda....tastes the most like sugar

I don't use artificial sweeteners because just the taste of sweet makes me crave carbs. If you're diabetic, be careful with the powdered Splenda. It contains maltodextrin which can cause blood sugar spikes in diabetics.

I even found sweet pickles made with splenda yesterday!!! They are usually a big no no cuz they are made with high fructose corn Syrup (one of the big enemies!!); they are quite tasty. I have used splenda for just about anything sugar would go into.

I have a bit of a Sweet & Low addiction.. and it goes way back to my chubby days when I was constantly dieting.. now I still just like it :)

I have a bit of a Sweet & Low addiction.. and it goes way back to my chubby days when I was constantly dieting.. now I still just like it :)

Me too. Sweet N Low all the way!!!

I know this is from about a month ago - and you said you don't like sun crystals because of the stevia, however, I have been using Truvia for months and I LOVE it! I also don't like those chemical tastes which is why I don't like Sweet n Low or Equal, etc. I love truvia!

I really am only using sweeteners in my Hot drinks at this point, but I'm curious what other people do. When I was doing South Beach a couple of years ago, the big fad was using agave nectar (which is yummy and I really liked). I fell pretty hard off that wagon and now that my WOE is low carb, high Protein, I'm curious what others are doing.

I bought Sun Crystals- I don't like them. I've learned that anything with Stevia tastes too chemical to me, like Sweet 'n' Low. I tried Splenda this morning and that was better. What do you use?

I changed Laband doctors and this one requires Low Carb! I have had to give up the aguava nector. Now I use Stevia and enjoy it. truvia is great also

I try not to use Splenda since I leave that source for items that already have it. I am very very nervous using Splenda since I am not comfortable about the way it was licensed

If I am out with friends well Sweet and Low with ice tea is a comfort food.

I like the agave nectar...fake sugars are bad for you in a lot of ways including making us fat. Unless you are diabetic real sugar is ok.

I use splenda

Splenda is my #1 choice equal if there is no splenda.I really hate yes HATE sweet and low.and would drink bland tea or add real sugar before I add it.

Splenda is my #1 choice equal if there is no splenda.I really hate yes HATE sweet and low.and would drink bland tea or add real sugar before I add it.

I started using the powdered stevia and love it! I like Truvia too but dang it is expensive. Quit sugar and splenda and equal. Don't have sugar cravings any more...