Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Fills Did It Take YOU to Hit the Green Zone?

I'm curious how many fills it too for you before you hit "the green zone"? It all feel like a little Three Bears right now (this band has too little, this band has too much, this band is just right).

The restriction after my first fill didn't feel very restricted and lasted all of two weeks. I'll go back for my second fill tomorrow.

Is there any concensus out there about how many fills (on average) it takes to get the restriction just right?

Thanks in advance!

It's different for everyone... it takes about a month for it to completely take effect.

I had 5.5cc for my first, after a few weeks, my hunger died. I have zero appetite anymore. So I'm thinking this is what it is supposed to do! :) Don't be looking for restriction, look for hunger control. The band will never stop you from eating. My hunger is gone, but I control what I eat. It's harder to overeat with the band (I definitely physically can't eat as much, but I can still eat enough to sabotage myself), I'm just satisfied with less, and with no real appetite you don't really care to over eat.

Everyone will be different because of our anatomy and how much our docs put in at each fill. I reached my sweet spot or green zone at fill number two. The surgeon also put in some fill during surgery.

During the first 6-8 months I didn't spend much time in the green zone before needing another fill. It tooke three fills for the band to really start working then I would lose around 10-20 pounds and need another fill. After 9 months and into maintenace I was finally able to go long periods of time without needing adjustments.

I have had 4 fills so far, 9cc total in a 14cc band and have distinct restriction. It's been almost 3 weeks and it doesn't appear to be going away, so I think this is it.

I know it's different for everyone, so just be patient and your time will come!

Good luck everyone!

I came out of surgery with 3cc's in my band. Never went through severe "bandster hell" because of that.

Each fill would put me in the green zone for a while, then as I lost weight, I'd move back to the yellow zone and need a little tweak or bump up of Fluid.

The green zone is dynamic.. changes as your body changes. As you get closer to goal, you'll need less adjustments. My last one was in December and I'm trying to decide if I need another one now.. when I get hungry sooner than 3 hours, I think yes, I need more. And then again when I'm eating slowly and my band feels tight.. I'm thinking no, not yet. :) It's difficult to know.

I used to obsess and keep track of all my fills etc and was dying for my green zone. Now I have lost track and can't remember how many fills I have had. I also screwed myself over and got super swollen once and needed 3 unfills so how do you count that into your fill to green zone count right.

Just try to focus on good eating exercising etc. Everyone is different and sooner or later you'll get to your green zone :)

I got to my sweet spot after fill #4. Now I need to figure out this "maintenance" phase. How do you eat more when you don't have any room?

Maintenance is harder than loosing for me! I had 3 fills over a 9 month period. Then a unfill for a month and 2 more fills. I then had 3 months okay, and now am unfilled again due to a slip. Be careful, slips happen when you least expect them. I had mine when I had GERD for several weeks. I did not spend any nights for 3 weeks with out waking to spit every hour. Good luck Karen

I got to my sweet spot after fill #4. Now I need to figure out this "maintenance" phase. How do you eat more when you don't have any room?

I wasn't given any instructions to eat more when I was finished losing weight. I just kind of drifted into a place where I was happy with my weight and I no longer needed to get fills or track calories, fat grams or carbs. I stopped losing weight at that point. I eat what I want, three meals a day and an occasional snack here and there, of course I still aim for the healthier choices as much as possible and exercise. I track my weight regularly and if weight sneaks back on I adjust calories and increase exercise as needed. My weight drifts up and down 5 pounds, if it goes beyond the five pounds and I find that I am eating more then I go for a fill. I've needed one fill since I reached maintenance.

If you are continuing to lose weight and are losing too much then you probably need a bit of an unfill.

I've had two fills.

That amount has given me great hunger satiation on smaller amounts of food. It does not "restrict" anything-- I hate that term, btw, because it doesn't really reflect what the band does for me (and I don't want it to, either). Satiation is a better term for how the band has helped me be so successful so far.