Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay people, let's make a cookbook!!

I have a wonderful idea for myself and my fellow bandster's(and bandster's to be)!! Let's make a LBT cookbook! I will do all the laminating and I will make all the prints and everything! I am addicted to scrapbooking, so this is right up my alley!

My idea is to compile a bunch of recipes and make them into an actual cookbook. I would like to have drink recipes, Protein Shakes, appetizers, Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Desserts that are LAP band friendly! ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!

As soon as there are enough recipes for each catagory, I will start to design the cookbook! Make sure to put your name below your recipe so that you get the credit.

When the cookbook is done, I am not really sure how I will get them to everybody, or if I should sell them, but I will figure it out with everyones help!

Sooooo, what do you guy's think??

cookbook.gif

That is a great idea! :clap2: I keep looking in the posts for recipes. Especially breakfast ideas

basic meatballs

1lb of ground turkey

1 egg

1tsp salt

1tsp pepper

1/4 cup chopped parsley

3 tbsp grated romano cheese

1/2 cup bread crumbs

add everything together and mix very well.

form in too what ever size meat balls you like, place on a baking tray with a wire wrack so the excess fat can drip away.

smaller size meat balls, bake them at 375 degrees for 10mins

for bigger ones bake at 375 degrees for 15-20mins

i bake these off then leave then in the freezer till there frozen all the way...then toss them in a ziplock bag. there easy enough to pull out for a quick meal and sauce them anyway you please!

This is a really neat idea.

I really like this recipe, I made it at christmas and it was so easy to get down that I have made it two more times since.. now it has bread and sausage in it, so I dont know why its so easy to eat.. but I am very tight and this is just one of the easier things for me to eat.

I have modified this recipe to be as low in fat and calories and carbs as possible.

Sausage Spinach Stuffing balls.

Brown and crumble:

One pound Low fat Jimmy Dean sausage.

Mix together in a bowl:

The sausage drained.

6 slices low carb bread toated and cut into cubes

One can stems and peices mushrooms diced,

One glove garlic chopped or other garlic options.

Salt and Pepper and other spices as you like.

(OR you can use 6 ounces vegtable flavor stove top stuffing)

3/4 cup Water

3/4 cup canned spinach or cooked frozen spinach. (lower carb)

Roll into balls (OR press like a meatloaf into a pan)

Brush with 1/4 cup melted butter (oppional)

Bake:at 350 degres for 15 minutes.

MAKES ABOUT 16 BALLS. 1 ball is a perfect portain for a bandster.

These freeze so well! Halving the recipe is easy to make 8 balls.

IF YOU ARE LOW CARBING, THIS IS GREAT TO SERVED WITH eggs AND cheese.

The version using low carb bread. (no butter)

Per ball

100 calories

6 grams fat

3.5 grams carbs

I think this is a fabulous idea! I wouldn't mind paying for the cookbook myself. I think that if you are generous enough to compile the recipes, print them out & laminate them, then put them in cookbook form, then we should all be kind enough to pay you for doing so, plus your time.

Let us know what you think for a price, and I'm sure that most, if not all of the others here would agree that you should be paid for your time, efforts, and materials.

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

Mandarin Orange salad

Ingredients:

6 cups mixed salad greens

Two kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced

One, 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained

Two or three thin slices of red onion

Directions:

Rinse the salad greens thoroughly and dry.

Arrange greens on four individual plates.

Scatter the kiwi, mandarin oranges, and red onions attractively on top.

Serve with Orange Balsamic Dressing.

Recipe makes 8 servings.

Nutrition information per serving:

Calories: 80

Fat: 0g

Cholesterol: 0mg

Sodium: 25mg

Well if I were to charge for them, I would probably only charge $5 bucks or something. I can pretty much do the whole thing from my house. But I will have to wait and see after I make the first one. I was also thinking of having a contest and giving 5 away or something.

Sour Cream Potato Casserole

Ingredients:

Casserole:

32 ounces frozen hash browns, thawed

1/2 cup onions, chopped

10-3/4 ounce can low-fat cream of mushroom Soup

1/3 cup honey

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 pint fat-free sour cream 1 cup fat-free Cheddar cheese - shredded

Topping:

1/4 cup reduced fat margarine, melted

1 cup corn flake crumbs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350-degrees.

Prepare a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine hash browns, onions, Soup, honey, salt, black pepper, sour cream, and cheese. Mix well.

Place mixture in prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine margarine and crumbs.

Top evenly over casserole.

Bake for 45 minutes.

Recipe makes 12 servings.

Calories: 182

Fat: 2g

Protein: 7g

Carbohydrate: 38g

Cholesterol: 4mg

Sodium: 400

Calories from fat: 10-percent

This is a great idea. I'm starting a cafepress store, and have found that you can do 'print on the fly' books from there too. Basically they print stuff as it's ordered, so you don't have to order a bunch and have them and hope to sell them.

The way they work is that they tell you what the cost of the item is, and if you are selling it, you can choose to mark it up, or not. Just another thought, because I imagine that those laminate pages can get kind of expensive, yeah?

Teresa -

Darlin' do you KNOW how many members and lurkers we have?? You had better charge at least a NOMINAL fee if you are going to provide a physical book - or you will be bankrupt!

Have you considered a WebSite? Most e-mail accounts come with web space (msn and the like). You may already have access.

The idea is great - and I know there is a need - but I think producing physical books would be extremely time consuming an expensive. If only 25% of the people registered were to request a book, it would costs plenty... and that doesn't include lurkers...

What's your Web-Savvy? Or do you just want to get "Approval" from LBT to charge money for the book?

Great Idea!

I'd certainly be willing to pay for a cookbook...I am always looking for healthy recipes.

Teresa, I LOVE that sour cream potato casserole...but I'm afraid to make it because I always overeat!! Which is why I'm so anxious to get my band so that I can enjoy a small amount of something I really love and learn to be satisfied with that.

Emily

Thanks for the posts everyone! I am awesome on the web. So what I was thinking is either making my own page, or I could post them on ebay. I have a seller account there and I could just open an ebay store and call it "LBT cookbooks". I don't think I need permission if I want to make a cookbook. I would just name it something else.

I would just set a price and then post the web address on here. I will just have to see how much they actually cost when I complete one.

Microwave Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup diet butter

1/2 cup chunky style Peanut Butter

1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

18 packages Equal brand sweetener

3 eggs

1/4 cup skim milk

1 teaspoon. vanilla

1-1/2 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1-3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal

Directions:

Cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sweetener until light and fluffy.

Add eggs, 1 at a time and beat well after each addition.

Blend in milk and vanilla.

Thoroughly stir together flour, soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and beat well.

Stir in oatmeal.

Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper on microwave oven glass tray. Be sure to make Cookies small.

Cook a dozen at a time on full power for 45 to 60 seconds or until firm, but slightly moist.

Allow to cool slightly before removing from waxed paper. Repeat with remaining dough.

Makes 7 dozen

30 calories per cookie.

I actually made these today and they were awesome!!

Vegetable Kabobs

Ingredients:

1 medium eggplant

2 medium zucchini

2 each red and green peppers

1 medium red onion

2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons herbs (e.g. tarragon and marjoram)

2 teaspoons garlic, crushed

Directions:

Cut vegetables into half-inch chunks or wedges and toss with seasonings.

Thread onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers.

Let sit for one half-hour.

Grill or broil until color shows on vegetables, about 10-15 minutes.

Makes 6 servings.

Nutritional information per serving:

Calories: 47

Fat: 0.5g

Fiber: 3g