Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay people, let's make a cookbook!!

Breakfast shake

Ingredients:

1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt

1/4 cup skim milk

2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate

1 tablespoon wheat germ

Two packets sweetener

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Three ice cubes

Directions:

In a blender at medium speed, blend all the ingredients until smooth and frothy. Pour into a glass.

Variation: Add 1/2-cup sliced bananas or strawberries; blend as directed.

Yield: 1-1/2 cup; recipe makes one serving.

Nutrition information per serving:

Calories: 220

Carbohydrates: 42g

Protein: 10g

Fat: 1g

Saturated Fat: <1g

Cholesterol: <1mg

Sodium: 110mg

food exchange per serving: 1 non-fat milk, 1 starch/bead, 1 fruit

Spring omelet

Ingredients:

12 egg whites, lightly beaten

1/2 cup onion, diced small

Four cloves fresh garlic, minced

12 stems asparagus, sliced lengthwise

12 cherry tomatoes, halved

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 cup fresh basil

Salt and pepper to taste

Two basil leaves, for garnish

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350-degrees.

Heat oil in a small, nonstick, pan (preferably oven-safe, so that you can keep it all in one pan). Sauté onions and garlic for one minute on medium-low heat. Add asparagus and sauté for an additional 30 seconds. Add in tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Next, add egg whites to pan and whisk the mixture briefly.

Pour into a casserole dish, or, if in an oven-safe pan, leave in same pan and place it in the oven for approximately eight to ten minutes, until done.

Place basil leaves on top or side as a garnish.

Recipe makes four servings.

Nutrition information per serving:

Calories: 117

Total Fat: 4g

Protein: 13g

Cholesterol: 0mg

1 egg

3/4 cup skim milk

1 cup low fat shredded Cheddar cheese (stay away from NO fat cheese or they will turn out rubbery)

1/2 cup quick cooking oats

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp pepper

1 pound ground turkey

1/3 cup ketchup

2 tbsp brown sugar

1 teaspoon prepared mustard

In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese, oats, salt, garlic, and pepper. Add the ground turkey and mix well. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with PAM and split mixture into 8 muffin slots (4 will be empty unless you want to make a bigger batch). In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf before baking.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

These freeze great, and are the perfect portion size for me. My kids LOVE this recipe and my son is a very picky eater. You can substitute bread crumbs for the quick oats.

What a great idea! I think half the battle is figuring out what to eat. I am a new member and would be happy to post recipes with you as soon as you figure out how you would like us to send them to you. Thanks so much for taking on this project!

Rhonda Russell

Surgery 8-5-05

Dr. Trace Curry

345/280/155

chicken Adobo

2 lbs. chicken cut up

1/2 tsp. garlic, mashed

1/4 cup soy sauce

salt, pepper & accent to taste

1 medium onion cut into cubes

2 Tbls. vinegar

1 cup Water

Mix all ingredients together. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer 1 hour. Serve over rice.

jessiebear

Stuffed Feta chicken Breasts

1 package of skinless boneless chicken breasts or tenders

1 (4 oz.) pkg. feta cheese

1/2 tsp. basil

1 tsp. pimentos or oil packed sundried tomatoes chopped

2 TBLS. Hellman's mayo or plain yogurt

1/4 tsp. cavenders seasoning

If using chicken breasts, using a knife, make a pocket cutting into the side of the breasts. Mix the feta, basil, pimentos or tomatoes, mayo or yogurt & cavenders. Spoon into pocket made in the chicken breasts. Place stuffed chicken breasts in greased casserole dish. If any filling is left over, spoon over top of chicken breasts. Season with more cavenders. Cover casserole with foil. Bake in preheated, 350 degree oven for 35 - 45 minutes, taking foil off in the last 10 minutes of baking.

If you use chicken tenders - Place chicken tenders in greased casserole & spoon feta mixture over top of tenders. Sprinkle with more Cavenders. Cover with foil & bake as directed above.

I didn't have sun dried tomatoes or plain yogurt so I improvised with pimento & Hellman's Mayo. It was wonderful! I think if you rolled the chicken in some shake-n-bake it would be even better. Enjoy!

This is one of my favorite recipes!!

chicken Chiles Casserole

Hi everybody! This is one of my favorite casseroles. It is easy to make & can be made low fat by using low fat items. Here it goes! Hope you like it!

1 cup sourcream

1 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped bell pepper

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1 tsp. salt

2 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breasts

1 can cream of chicken Soup

1 (4 oz.) can of chopped green chiles

1 (2 lb.) package of o'brien hashed browns (they have onions & peppers)

2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup cheese for top after baking. Pour into greased casserole dish & bake for 1 hour & 15 minutes. This recipe can be cut in half. It makes a large pyrex casserole dish full (cake pan size).

Low Fat Pasta Sauce

1.5 c Ground Turkey

2 tbsp Olive Oil

.5c Chopped Onions

2 tbsp Crushed Garlic

.5c Oregano

.5c Parsley

1 tbsp Thyme

1 tbsp Basil

30 oz Diced Tomatoes

6 oz Tomato Paste

2 Bay Leaves

30 oz Tomato Sauce (plain)

.25 c Rum (can be substituted with brown sugar, but increase calories by 50 cals per serving.)

Brown turkey in a sauce pan with olive oil. Add garlic and sautee meat and garlic together for a few minutes. Drain and transfer meat to large pot. Add rest of the ingredients and stir well. Heat to slight boil then cover and reduce to low and cook for 3 hours, stiring once ever half hour.

This makes a lot of servings! Approx 8 servings in total at 245 calories per serving. Those servings can be cut in half for bandsters! Great for freezing and reheating later on. Great on any type of pasta!

Let me know if you need more. I collect cook books/recipes! LOL! I love to cook & will definately buy one of these cook books! Thanks!

Low Cal Chili

1.5 Ground Turkey

2 tbsp Olive Oil

30 oz Pinto Beans (canned, drained)

30 oz Kidney Beans (canned, drained)

1.5 c Water

1 tsp Cumin

1 tsp Red Pepper

1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper

1 tbsp Paprika

1 tbsp Chili powder

1 tbsp Ginger

.25 c Brown Sugar

.5 c Chopped Onions

Brown meat with olive oil in a sauce pan. Do not drain. Transfer meat to large pot. Add beans and Water, then all other ingredients. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, stiring ever half hour. Add water according to how liquidy you like your chili.

This chili has a bite to it, but is not too hot. May be tough for some bandsters. Makes 10 servings, 20 bandster servings. Each normal serving is approx 316 calories. Great over rice!!