Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Does Burping Mean For You?

Since my last fill I've noticed that after a meal I can let out a HUGE belch. I've never been a belcher before so it is crazy! And I can keep doing it for a while after a meal. Does this happen to anyone else? Does it mean you are full? Ate too much? Too fast?

Since my last fill I've noticed that after a meal I can let out a HUGE belch. I've never been a belcher before so it is crazy! And I can keep doing it for a while after a meal. Does this happen to anyone else? Does it mean you are full? Ate too much? Too fast?

Happens to me when I eat to fast, don't chew properly, and/or after I've been 'unstuck.' angry.gif

I burp ALL the time now. I do notice that if I eat too fast or too much, I burp more frequently. It's funny and embarassing at the same time!

Woow I am the total opposite. I don.t burp anymore.

Ugh, I wish I could really burp! There have been a few times, when I'm on the phone with my sister, that I really just want to disgust her with a huge belch... and I get nothing. I only occasionally have these little barely audible burps after I've eaten too fast or a little too much. I've rarely been able to burp loudly before the band. But now... nothing. :(

I wish I was told about this side-effect before the surgery... If I had known, I definitely wouldn't have gotten the band (...juuust kidding).

For me there are 2 different kinds of burps. One is the kind from eating or drinking too fast. It's like I get some air in there with the food or drink. The other type is while the food moves through the stoma, or is done moving through, air from the lower stomach part can then come up and out. It's like I can feel it was trapped in the lower area and is finally getting the chance to come. Very strange at first, but now it seems pretty normal to me.

When I am full I get the hiccups and get burpy. If I onl get the hiccups it means I am eating too fast. If I hiccup and then burp it means I am done.

Everyone is different. Burping is such a pain and I think really gross but if that is how my body wants to tell me I am done, then thats ok.

I'm the opposite. I used to be a huge belcher but I rarely do anymore. I usually hiccup when I'm finishing up my meal, but sometimes it just happens randomly for no reason. Weird.

I can't burp anymore!

I still burp all the time! I could win a contest haha. It's mostly fine, but if I eat too much it gets really bad! Ugh, lesson has been learned.

I seriously don't/can't burp anymore either, lol. laugh.gif Weirdddddddddd. I'm not complaining or anything, it's just weird.

A hiccup means I had enough. A loud BURP ! means my pluming is clean... There is nothing hung up or stuck.

So it's a good thing.