Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MyFitnessPal.com Members

We're working on adding capabilities to our site and app which are similar to MFP. It's designed with Gastric Sleeve and other Bariatric members in mind. Do you have any suggestions on features you're unhappy with or would like to see changed or added within MFP ?

We're working on adding capabilities to our site and app which are similar to MFP. It's designed with Gastric Sleeve and other Bariatric members in mind. Do you have any suggestions on features you're unhappy with or would like to see changed or added within MFP ?

We're working on adding capabilities to our site and app which are similar to MFP. It's designed with Gastric Bypass and other Bariatric members in mind. Do you have any suggestions on features you're unhappy with or would like to see changed or added within MFP ?

We're working on adding capabilities to our site and app which are similar to MFP. It's designed with Lap-Band and other Bariatric members in mind. Do you have any suggestions on features you're unhappy with or would like to see changed or added within MFP ?

Hey Alex, This sounds great! The only thing I wish I could do on MFP is set my own nutritional goals as far as Protein, carbs, fats & Fiber. Right now mine is saying a goal of 45grs of protein, when I'm suppose to be getting 60grs.

Also a recipe builder, like ww's has would be nice.

Thanks for all you do to make us successful!

Under the "MY HOME" tab there is a sub-tab for settings. You can go there to change which nutrients (carbs, Protein, etc.) that you track and how often you eat. Then, again under "MY HOME", there is a sub-tab for goals. If you go there and choose "custom", you can change pretty much everything from calories to sodium.

For carbs I think, and don't quote me on this, it should be less than 40g per day. But probably want to check with your NUT on that.

Does anyone know how to custom adjust the carb, protein and fat content under "customize your fitness goals". Every time I change one entry, it automatically changes the other two which always end up being higher than I want it to show. This is very frustrating and is why I have trouble sticking to MFP!

I would like to see an option to add or delete items from popular food items. For example, I order a Subway sandwhich. I can eat the insides but not the bread. I'd like to be able to look up the sandwhich and be able to minus the bread or cheese, etc.

Hey Alex' date=' This sounds great! The only thing I wish I could do on MFP is set my own nutritional goals as far as Protein, carbs, fats & fiber. Right now mine is saying a goal of 45grs of protein, when I'm suppose to be getting 60grs.

Also a recipe builder, like ww's has would be nice.

Thanks for all you do to make us successful![/quote']

Hey madly you can change that Mfp just need to sign onto it on the computer to do it

Hey madly you can change that Mfp just need to sign onto it on the computer to do it

And MFP has a recipe builder...online though!

Hi Alex, More ability to set our own calories, protiens and levels fr daily goals... MFP is great but its hard to adjust it to what we need to aim for. Also on the food search option... suggestive spelling... and when you add quick calories, there needs to be a description area " went out to eat" "birthday dinner" "cassarole im guessing at"... whatever the case may be so we can track it better.

I love being able to see what my friends are doing and eating... and make comments on posts.

good luck with your project.. i cant wait to see it!

PM me for my MFP username! I'm in pre-op diet so all of my entries seem to look the same! lol 1 week left!

Yes - the calorie estimates for exercise on MFP appear greatly inflated. The estimate for elliptical is particularly inflated. Also, with their elliptical calorie count there isn't an option for having exercised at high, medium, or low intensity which would help get an more accurate reflection of calories burned.

I do really like their feature that says something like "if every day were like today, in five weeks you would weigh 145 lbs", so some variation of that feature would be nice. It is rewarding when you finish your day to get an idea of where you are headed.

Also, MFP has a search feature that previously just searched the database but now searches your past entries first. I really like that, because I don't have to scroll through the hundred other entries I have made to find something obscure I have only entered one other time.

I'm sure I will have other ideas, but this is what comes to mind first!