Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rachel....I was banded on 3/15. I was reading your post thinking.....omg, thats me!! I want a burger so bad. I want some pizza!!! I am almost to the point where I can eat soft foods...mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, pudding, etc. I can't wait. lol. I can't imagine eating puree'd chicken which is one of the things suggested. That sounds disgusting!! But, seriously, hang in there. As frustrating as it is, you will make it. I just try to stay busy and not watch tv because all commercials are about food!!! Even though I haven't had a fill, i haven't been as hungry as I would have been pre-band. I don't know why, but I don't.

Hang in there Rachel.....this too shall pass!!!!

I TOALLY AGREE

FULL liquids WILL SAVE YOUR BACON

I WAS ONLY ON Clear Liquids FOR ONE DAY

THEN FULL liquid WHICH INCLUDES A LOT OF THINGS FOR 2 WEEKS

AS PER DR'S ORDERS

I DONT GET THESE DOCS THAT WANT YOU ON CLEAR LIQUIDS FOR A WEEK........HOW DO YOU GET YOUR Protein????

I

Ok I'm probably going to get flamed from the "the Dr. is God and one must bow and obey exactly" crowd, but your doctor set you up to fail with an unreasonable postop diet. There is absolutely no reason to be on clear liquids for a week postop so I wouldn't stress about eating a SF pudding. Many of us were back on regular foods in 2 weeks, going through each stage of the diet in 2-3 days rather than a week at each stage. At 5 days postop I was drinking Protein smoothies (about as thick as a milkshake). On day 6 I could start on mushies...solid food with no substantial shape (oatmeal, etc.).

I'm not suggesting you just toss their instructions to the trash, but realize that it is just this doctor's opinion and opinions vary widely so you have no reason to feel like a failure! Personally, at this point I'd be making it a point to get in some Protein shakes because that protein is what is going to help you with your hunger...and healing.

Flame on, Johnny!

Please help I'm 3 weeks going on 4 weeks post op I was banded march 8 and I lost 20 pounds and now I feel no restrictions whatsoever I'm so angry what's the point I feel like I should've got the sleeve!!! I tried eatting wingettes and I was able to get about 10 hot wings down and vegetable omg I'm so upset because nothing happened to me!!!! Can anyone help me or give me some word of advice :(

I was able to eat just like I did before that band until my first fill. But I had to stop my self and how I did it was I would ask my self if what ever I was about to eat was worth $7,000.00 (The cost of the surgery.) The answer was always no and I would eat something better in small amounts. After 2 fills I eat 1-2 ozs at a time about 5 times a day.

Hang in there, it will get better and you are worth it :)

I was banded March 15th and my Doctor suggested 2 weeks pre-op liquid diet, 1 week post op clear liquid diet, 2nd week post op liquids with thicker substance like skim milk and yogurt. The third week post op is mushies. Well I got to day 23 and I was needing Protein. I had some cottage cheese. I had no negative responses. I have now the go-ahead for creamy Soups. I even enjoyed sugar free pudding. I think as long as you listen to your body, and don't BP, you can have what ever variation you can handle in small doses. I have to remind myself to drink fluids more frequently. Perhaps drinking watered down juices and Protein Drinks may aid your hunger? Hang in there everyone is in the same boat, we all are second guessing ourselves. Yes, we made a great decision for surgery, now be patient and remember this will get better B)

Please help I'm 3 weeks going on 4 weeks post op I was banded march 8 and I lost 20 pounds and now I feel no restrictions whatsoever I'm so angry what's the point I feel like I should've got the sleeve!!! I tried eatting wingettes and I was able to get about 10 hot wings down and vegetable omg I'm so upset because nothing happened to me!!!! Can anyone help me or give me some word of advice :(

You may still be able to eat like you did before the band, but one thing I do suggest is "practice" eating really small bites and going slow. Because when you do get to restriction and you haven't trained yourself, the lapband is going to do the training for you with PBing and sliming. I wish I would have done that because now at restriction, I'm learning the hard way :blink:

But like Elfie said, get away from those wings. ;)

Julia

Rachel....I was banded on 3/15. I was reading your post thinking.....omg, thats me!! I want a burger so bad. I want some pizza!!! I am almost to the point where I can eat soft foods...mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, pudding, etc. I can't wait. lol. I can't imagine eating puree'd chicken which is one of the things suggested. That sounds disgusting!! But, seriously, hang in there. As frustrating as it is, you will make it. I just try to stay busy and not watch tv because all commercials are about food!!! Even though I haven't had a fill, i haven't been as hungry as I would have been pre-band. I don't know why, but I don't.

Hang in there Rachel.....this too shall pass!!!!

I am not going to pureed chicken or eat baby food meat...that is what canned tuna, chicken and white fish that I have in the freezer are for. I would seriously love some mashed potatoes but I am not complaining--full liquids are heaven compared to the clear liquid torture I was on for 12 days. I have been watching movies..not so much about food. We will make it. I have lost 14 lbs already--go me!!

Rachael

Stick with it. Don't beat yourself up about eating the pudding.

The band is totally worth it. It has been such a huge help to me (it's not a cure-all; you still have to work at it).

I am my lowest weight in almost 16 years and am so glad I got it.

P.S. Try sugar-free Jello and see if you can take a Protein supplement. The one I took tasted really gross, but it was a life-saver to me when I was on the liquid diet. I took Protein Bullet.

Well, I haven't had my surgery yet, I'm 10 days away. But I agree that some doctors are more strict than others.

My doctor and nutritionist told me I only have to be on Clear Liquids for 2 days after surgery. Then I can move on to Full Liquids, like pudding and custard and applesauce, oatmeal and cream of wheat. By the 4th or 5th day I'm allowed to move onto soft foods like yogurt, soft cheese, blended meats and well cooked stews and casseroles, or moist meat and vegetables. I stay on that until 3 weeks post-op and then go to the regular food diet.

My doctor is considered one of the top 5 for Lap Band in the US and he's done over ten thousand surgeries. I think that you should start experimenting a little and see how it goes. Like Elfiepoo said, getting that Protein is going to do wonders - right now it sounds like you have appetite fatigue, and that's a bad place to be in. Anyone who eats the same thing day after day will eventually refuse to eat it.

Not sure who Johnny is, but if he's not the God of Lapband, then I really don't care what he thinks. This is my opinion, and it should be taken as that - an opinion, not fact or chiseled in stone.

Carlene

I agree with Woodslass, I saw the nutritionist today and she gave me the exact same time fame as Woodslass got. I questioned her about this very thing and she said the more they do the more they learn.

If your serious about some help, then do this.

Go on ebay and type in MUSCLE MILK muscle milk light will also come up.

There's a lady on there that I go threw that sells it for $5.99 a Jug (THAT'S CHEAP)

She has strawberry milkshake, and Peanut Butter, chocolate blend. It's GOOD STUFF !

It kills the Hunger, and you thicken it up with less Water. If 8oz. is to thin, go to 6oz.

This will help, it's up to you, You were givin good advice. What you do now is up to you.

Member id ivydeals

Shirley.

Stick with it. Don't beat yourself up about eating the pudding.

The band is totally worth it. It has been such a huge help to me (it's not a cure-all; you still have to work at it).

I am my lowest weight in almost 16 years and am so glad I got it.

That awesome!! congrats!!!

I am on full liquids now and i feel so much better! I know it will be worth it. I am already down more than I have been in the last couple of years. Can't wait to get to under 200 lbs. and eventually to my goal weight and I have confidence that I can do!!

Rachael

If your serious about some help, then do this.

Go on ebay and type in MUSCLE MILK muscle milk light will also come up.

There's a lady on there that I go threw that sells it for $5.99 a Jug (THAT'S CHEAP)

She has strawberry milkshake, and Peanut Butter, chocolate blend. It's GOOD STUFF !

It kills the Hunger, and you thicken it up with less Water. If 8oz. is to thin, go to 6oz.

This will help, it's up to you, You were givin good advice. What you do now is up to you.

Shirley.

I will have to try those shakes. I have some Atkins and some chocolate whey Protein from Walmart. Also got some Denise Richards I am going to try. I am so glad I have been given the green light on the Protein Shakes and full liquids.

Thanks for the advice.

Rachael

That awesome!! congrats!!!

I am on full liquids now and i feel so much better! I know it will be worth it. I am already down more than I have been in the last couple of years. Can't wait to get to under 200 lbs. and eventually to my goal weight and I have confidence that I can do!!

Rachael

Don't do to much whey, It's fattening..

Don't feel like a failure. It's tough on the liquid diet. I was banded 10 days before you....and I have to admit I grabbed a handful of Goldfish crackers and sucked on them til they dissolved in my mouth. I was just so hungry for some salt!

That and I was sick of chocolate Shakes!

Hang in there. soon you'll be at the soft food stage and the real fun begins!

I had my first fill today. Doc put in 3 cc's and it felt like the Water ,they give you to drink ,was stuck in my throat. Doc took out 1cc and everything was fine.

You're doing fine. SOOO much easier when you can have real food.

Good luck Rachael. You ever need a friend to talk too - feel free to write me!

Missyrolleyes.gif

I was so hungry this morning that I ate a sugar free pudding. I feel like such a failure. I couldn't hold out two more days on clear liquids. I was banded on 3/18/11. Any advice would be appreciated. Right now, I want to get this band removed. Is it really worth it to be this miserable? I am not sure I can do it.

Rachael

So glad you're feeling better. I was banded in December. The first 2 weeks I was so miserable I would have had it removed if I didn't have to have anesthesia again. My friend laughed at me and said "didn't I tell you it was bad? It'll pass." And it did. I feel great and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. We all made a great decision!!