Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Memorial Day Challenge

I have to give you props MollyRN; you were doing so well, and i kept thinking, i have to catch up! you really pushed me!!! i'm totally down for a july 4th challenge!

lakegirl88, i was letting my food get out of control. most days i was doing between 550-650 cals a day, and then i'd let myself have days where i ate any and everything i wanted. i don't have much restriction at all, so most of the low cal days were on sheer willpower. i emailed my nutritionist, and he told me to up my cals on the low cal days to 1000-1200. while i haven't done that b/c i can't get in that many without upping my carbs more than i want, i have upped my calories to about 830-900 a day. i keep my carbs below 40g per day too. that has really seemed to work. i'm an exercise fiend too, so that's definitely helped. i do zumba two days a week and make sure i also take the dogs for a 50 min walk those days. i also run several days a week and do whatever else i can come up with. i exercise every single day. i wish i could lose just changing my food habits, but i can't. that's what i've been doing. let's hope i can keep it up!

Hey Melzie Are you gonna tell us what this shore excursion is?

Hey, sorry about that; my computer died and haven't been on in awhile! It's been a dream of mine to ride a horse on the beach; I can finally do that in Jamaica if I hit 225 by July! Almost there...

Down 3.4 this week and surpassed my goal for the challenge - so excited! HAH131 is nipping my percentage though! Gotta catch you!! Love these things! What should the next one be? 4th of July challenge? I will start setting that up now ;)

Would LOVE to do a 4th of July challenge; let us know if you set up something!

Thats really nice. You will make it Melzie. I am going to spread my mothers ashes this summer at a place we always went to as kids. We rode horses there every summer. So I to need to get down to horseback ridding weight as well.

3/11/10

Thats really nice. You will make it Melzie. I am going to spread my mothers ashes this summer at a place we always went to as kids. We rode horses there every summer. So I to need to get down to horseback ridding weight as well.

3/11/10

I am sorry for your loss, but smiling for you knowing that you'll be able to take her back somewhere with such wonderful memories. I know we'll both meet our goals; your weight loss so far is awesome! I still have a long ways to go...

Oh wow did I have a TERRIBLE week. I checked on Wednesday and I was holding steady at 244 and when I weighed in this morning I was up to 247! UGH!! I feel very bloated today and I think my body is holding Water cause I was in the sun Thursday all day and consumed some alcohal this weekend. At least that is what I hope it is. I go foe a fill this week so I hope that will help some. My eliptical machine is calling my name too! lol! Good job for all the losers out there!!!:D

Congrats to everyone, we are doing so well. We definitely need to keep this going, it is great motivation for all of us. I lost 4.2lbs, I was so worried I would not lose because I wasnt able to exercise as much this past week. I pushed it to hard the week before last and ended up getting blisters on my feet which are now healed. I am back to working out this week again.

I can feel my restriction starting to get less, good thing I have a fill coming up on the 24th. PHEW!!

weight.png

I am not weighing until the end of the challenge. Congrats to everyone's weight loss. I hope to meeting the goal. I am not weighing until the end because of my addiction to the scale, daily several times. I will go back to weekly for the July 4th Challenge--my addiction is under control now:) Forced me to remember my goal--to get physically fit and not just "skinny"

Molly a july 4th challenge sounds great! By the way thank you for setting this up! I am technologically challenged on my worst days and would not know where to start.

Well, it looks like I fell short of my goal by 2 lbs. oh well, gotta keep on going!

everyone who has lost whether or not you met your goal congrats!

To those who are struggling, lets get back on the wagon and continue on.

I am so sad we are done with this one but CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!! MollyRN thank you so much for setting this one up and helping me with my motivation!!!! You don't know how much you helped me :)

See y'all in the next one!

KOKIE

Yahooooooooooooo!!! only 4.6 more lbs to go and I'll reach my Memorial Day goal. Maybe I can acutally do this!!!! :lol:

I'm stuck in Minnesota today so I'll have to weigh in tomorrow! I got a small fill this week so I hope to be down since last Monday I went up, but I truly believe that was Water weight only. Hope to be down at least 7 lbs when I weigh in in the morning!!

I had been doing really well; only had 7 pounds to go and then I went to the dr last Friday...ugh. I injured my tailbone a few weeks ago and was started on a motrin regimen. I managed to go up 7 lbs in 3 days from swelling and eating more than I knew I should have! I finally went in on Thursday for a fill and it seems to be helping. If things continue the way they're going, I probably won't make goal but will be within a few lbs. Trying not to be disappointed, but it's tough. Is there a 4th of July challenge floating out there yet? Would love to sign up!

Hey all! I started a July 4 challenge!

https://spreadsheets...uthkey=CKS8sswC

Yay!!! Very excited! (Hopefully I'll reach my goal this time...lol)