Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2011 Banders?

Good luck.. hope everything goes well..

Good Luck!! Let us know how it goes!

I got my date today! I will get my lap band May 26th! So now I'm one of you! I am so excited that it is finally here! Good luck to all of you going before me. I will be following your journeys daily!

Hi! were you in pre-op class on 4/21? If so, I was there! I don't remember talking about coming to the website, though. What date is your surgery and who is your surgeon??

My surgery was today by Dr. Diaz!! I am in my hosp room right now chillaxin! I was in the 4/21 pre-op class! I was up front with my mom :)

Does anyone have Dr. Selzer in Carmel, IN?

I dont have your dr. i have dr james ray in Bloomington, In. I thought i would reply to you since you are from In also... i am waiting on insurance approval have been waiting for a while dr. office says they have a 3rd party handling their insurance issues and she said it is taking longer.. so i don;t know what is going on. e-mail me if you want sometime i have about the same bmi as you right now also.

Just seeing if anyone else is being banded in May. Our time is coming quickly and before we know it, it will be here.

I am scheduled for May 16th. I am excited...it seems like everything has happened so quickly. I start my pre-op diet next Wed. Soon we will be on our way :) Good luck to you, I wish you great success.

It is so amazing how things happen for a reason! If you didn't decide to get the lap band, your discovery of the tumor could have been way down the road and more serious. If this isn't a sign that the lap band was the right decision! :-)

Best of luck to you on the 12th. I am hoping for my surgery to be shortly after yours, so will look forward to your day by day accounts leading up to the surgery date and after!

thanks! I'll keep an eye out for your posts--and good luck to you. Yes, it was meant to be. I have waited a year with tons of testing and preparing. I'm truly ready. I have to go on liquids last three days...(thankfully starts day after mother's day)---and even just three days on liquids makes me nervous...But i know I can do it.

Thanks for your support. It's funny how just knowing someone out there is going through the same thing can help.

God Bless and looking forward to reading our posts on the "other side" of banding. :):D

:D

Tomorrow is my big day!!! :lol::o:D

Have to be there at 6am... today is going to take forever!

Good luck everyone!!!

good luck! you'll be done soon and looking back and glad it's done and you're on your way!

thanks! I'll keep an eye out for your posts--and good luck to you. Yes, it was meant to be. I have waited a year with tons of testing and preparing. I'm truly ready. I have to go on liquids last three days...(thankfully starts day after mother's day)---and even just three days on liquids makes me nervous...But i know I can do it.

Thanks for your support. It's funny how just knowing someone out there is going through the same thing can help.

God Bless and looking forward to reading our posts on the "other side" of banding. :):D

I'm still waiting to hear - but as of Friday I completed my six months of dietary supervision and today I saw my primary care phys. She was so funny, she comes in with my chart "so how much did you lose in supervision?" " I gained 10, I'm REALLY ready for the surgery now doc". Her face was a study...

Dieting doesn't work for me. Changing my life, making so I actually get full for some length of time, this will work for me. I can't follow a diet when I'm always hungry.

Thank goodness my surgeon requires a day of clears before the surgery but no special 2 week diet for the lapband....

I'm really hoping for May 19th....

I found out today that I will be banded on May 26th! Exactly 2 weeks after you! I will be thinking positive thoughts for you on the 12th! I'm leaving for Boston on Friday for 10 days, so they are going to do my pre-op tomorrow! I think that is when they will probably tell me I will have to go on a pre-band liquid diet too! :-( But I have gone to two nutritionist appts and got to try different Protein Drinks. They were all good! All of them were Protein powder mixed with Crystal Lite. My friend was banded 2 months ago and she uses the blender and mixes various flavors of Crystal Lite with fat free milk, ice cubes and the protein powder....either the flavorless or the vanilla. She says it tastes like those yummy popsicles that taste like they have ice cream in them! And, by mixing it with milk, you are getting 8-10 grams more protein! I ordered Unjury Protein Powder on line, and on that website, they provided various recipes. So I printed it up and will be trying some out while visiting my daughter (and darling grandson!) in Boston. Good luck with the liquid diet. Let me know if you come up with anything especially yummy! Good to hear you only have to do it three days. It appears that some on this website had to do it for up to 10 days pre-surgery! After all you have been though, you can do this standing on your head!

HI all, i just posted this in another thread, but thought i would post it here as a general update. so, this is a copy and paste;

Hi all, it's me. My old account wouldn't allow me to log in for some reason, so I'm just going to post under this temporary one until the situation is rectified. I thought I would just give a basic update before I go back to bed. it's just after midnight here and I"m pretty exhausted.

So, the short answer is, I'm alive. :)

The longer answer is that I am in pain from one of the incisions. He went through my belly button and it literally didn't start hurting until about 1/2 way home from the hospital. I, so far, haven't had any of the gas pains that people have been talking about. Nothing yet in my shoulder or anywhere else. I can see that my belly is all swollen and I have been burping and burping and that has been a huge relief.

Anyway, I just wanted to say a very brief hello. I will post the longer, more interesting bits tomorrow.

Thanks guys for all of the information I have gleaned so far from this site. I felt like i was uber prepared for today and that really, really, really, helped a lot with the anxiety of it all. you guys are awesome.

This site is so cool for so many reasons, one being that we get to hear banders experience from all over the world. So where ARE all of you? Someone talked about England, and someone else talked about a doctor in Germany But by any chance, anyone from California or specifically, the Sacramento area? Anyone having Dr. Machado for their surgeon?

Hope all of you May banders are doing well. Looking forward to your on-going posts.

Yes! My surgery date is May 25th. 7:30 a.m. I'm so excited...Now I'm just on this awful liquid diet! Oh well...it's so worth it! I started my process March 23. It went through so quickly. Thank you NCBCBS!