Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2011 Banders?

Hey dawn,

Thanks for sharing yor story.

Wow! I had my surgery this morning, got there at 6 am was home by 9am. So far I feel good. I don't want to jinx myself. But i woke up from surgery did a lap around the center, drank my Water and was told I was doing awesome.

All is well so far, already drinking some broth ;)

I'm scheduled the 17th, too!! ^5 us!

Just seeing if anyone else is being banded in May. Our time is coming quickly and before we know it, it will be here.

Yes May 27th. Have to be at the hospital at 5:30AM. Not to excited about the time, but am very excited to start my new life!!!! I wish everyone Good Luck with their band and the beginning of a new chapter in our life. :D

Just seeing if anyone else is being banded in May. Our time is coming quickly and before we know it, it will be here.

My surgery is scheduled for May 31st. I begin pre-op diet on May 17th. I am so nervous, but so excited for this new journey in my life!!!

Had my surgery wednesday,they kept me overnight. Just got home, I am sore but hanging tough

My surgery is tomorrow. I'm excited but nervous. My doctor seems confident that I will be out in 3 hours. We shall see.

I can't believe my date is almost 3 weeks away when I scheduled it in march it seemed so far off now it's nearly here! But before I focus on that I have to get through finals week. I would really appreciate prayers for focus and clarity as I embark on this journey of finals. Thank you!

Hey fellow May Bandsters!

I had my surgery on Wednesday (May 4th)! My incisions are definitely causing me the most pain...but only when I get up or down. I am pretty bloated and that is most of the pain that I feel (along with hunger pangs, but I can't always tell them apart!). Hopefully, I'll be passing gas soon! (I never thought I would be excited about that!) Once I start doing that regularly I can start on my Protein Shakes so help fill me up better. Last night I had some chicken broth for dinner and today I had about 1.5 oz of Cream of Wheat. I couldn't finish it though because I was starting to feel funny and I didn't want to hurt anything! And for lunch I just had about 2.5 oz of strained potato Soup and it was delicious! The burrito my hubby was eating smelled amazing but I wasn't in the mood to eat it anyway. I am too afraid to even THINK about real food. Right now I'm just more concerned about not eating too much because PBing would HURT like a mother! I hiccuped twice today and it SUCKED!

If you want to read more about my surgery day you can check out my blog! Just wanted to share that I had my surgery and I am still alive!

I spoke to my insurance Wednesday and they said they had given my doctor a verbal approval for a May 26, 2011 date...so now I wait to hear when my appointment is with the dr and then start my 2 week pre-op diet. I am 5'2" and 4 months ago I was over 300 lbs. I have lost 11 lbs just changing some eating habits...sugar, eating in the car, etc.

Scheduled for May 18th, still waiting on insurance approval. Hopefully will hear something tomorrow! Start pre-op 800 calorie liquid diet on Thursday and hoping not to kill or harm anyone prior to surgery!!! Saying goodbye to alot of favorites for the past week, but I am so ready for this change!!

I am scheduled for May 25th! I'm so excited! I'm currently on my pre-op diet! Pray for me to make it through this diet!

I am scheduled for May 25th! I'm so excited! I'm currently on my pre-op diet! Pray for me to make it through this diet!

Hi Mandy- I am also scheduled for May 25th-very excited!!

I don't need to start my pre-op diet until the 18th (only 1 week) I don't think I could do 2 weeks worth!! I am already planning my last supper!! :P

Good luck to you!!