Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2011 Banders?

I gained 2 pounds since i started my journey Jan 2011. But as long as i lose the 2 pounds and a little something more i should be good. I had my nutrition class last friday. The nutritionist says the doctor likes to see some pounds off because it means the liver shrinks. The nutritionist also scared me by saying the doctor is known to stop the surgery on the table if the liver isnt small enough??? what the 'hey'? I start my liquid tomorrow.......surgery date May 31st. :rolleyes:

Queenie, I gained 20lbs since I started this journey in Jan, but as long as I dont gain while on my liquid diet then im good. It happens sometimes.

My time is almost upon me. I'm scheduled to be banded on May 19th. I'm very nervous but excited too. If anyone else is scheduled around the same time I'd love to have a support group online. I'm going to take the dreaded full size photo today and measurements. One of the bloggers I read stated she wished she would have measured herself. So ... good luck to all. I'll share my experience next week. Add me as a friend.

Tomorrow is the day!! I was a little nervous before, but I think I am ready for the change!! I have lost a little over 20 pounds on the liquid diet I think. My scale at home is not that accurate. Wish me luck!!

Well as of today I am starting try two! I was scheduled to have surgery on May 12th and one week into the liquid diet it was canceled. I am hyper thyroid and my heart rate was out of control so they put me on new medications and rescheduled my date for May 26th! Very excited to be starting the liquid diet again today because that means surgery is getting closer. Good luck to all of us as we begin our new journey!

I met with the surgeon today and set up my surgery for May 31. I start the pre op low carb diet on Saturday. I am ready. I hope to lose 110 pounds.

Tomorrow is the day!! I was a little nervous before, but I think I am ready for the change!! I have lost a little over 20 pounds on the liquid diet I think. My scale at home is not that accurate. Wish me luck!!

Hope all goes well today.

Well as of today I am starting try two! I was scheduled to have surgery on May 12th and one week into the liquid diet it was canceled. I am hyper thyroid and my heart rate was out of control so they put me on new medications and rescheduled my date for May 26th! Very excited to be starting the liquid diet again today because that means surgery is getting closer. Good luck to all of us as we begin our new journey!

My date is May 26th, too! I can hardly wait to be one of the post-banders! It's so helpful reading other bander's experiences. Friends and family are being very supportive, but this site completes my support group perfectly!...contact with people going through the same physical and emotional experiences! Best of luck to you!

Hope all goes well today.

You have already lost 20 pounds before your band! What a great start! I'm sure today will go great for you! Looking forward to your recording your experiences-- I am right behind you...my surgery is May 26th.

My time is almost upon me. I'm scheduled to be banded on May 19th. I'm very nervous but excited too. If anyone else is scheduled around the same time I'd love to have a support group online. I'm going to take the dreaded full size photo today and measurements. One of the bloggers I read stated she wished she would have measured herself. So ... good luck to all. I'll share my experience next week. Add me as a friend.

Positive thoughts your way today! Looking forward to your upcoming posts.

I just figured out how to add friends, so I added you. In doing so, I read your comment that you aren't telling anyone except your husband. I have told all my family and close friends, but have not said anything to casual friends. My close people know what a battle this has been for me, but I feel like the others will view the band as an easy way out (ha!). I shouldn't care how they view it, but I guess it bothers me enough to not tell them! I will be interested in seeing how that aspect goes for you, too.

Again, super good luck today!

Very good luck to you today! My thoughts are definitely with you. That's a great idea taking the pictures. I need to do the same. Buy some measuring tape too.

Positive thoughts your way today! Looking forward to your upcoming posts.

Thanks!

My surgery date is May 23rd. Working on the pre-op diet now (it sucks!) and getting nervous for the actual surgery. Good luck to all the others this month!

May 23rd is my date also! Good luck to u! What shakes are u using? I'm struggling through them also. I'm using anywhey.