Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Jan. 13th 2011. I started my pre op on the 2nd of Jan. Just wandering how others are doing with their weight loss. I am down but not sure if I'm doing good or not. I was told at one time that they didn't think I would be down 23lbs by June. I am already plus some. I am at 2cc's (just ahd my first fill last week.)

What is the normal? I guess it really depends from one person to the next..... I want to loose about 70 -75lbs.

Any suggestions?? Help??

Thanks!!!

I got my band 01/07/11 pre op started 12/31/11.. I am down 20 pounds I think it really just depends on each individual person. What kind of food do you eat?

The normal range of weightloss a week with the band is 1-2lbs. Some weeks you will lose in this range, some weeks above, it, some weeks below it, and some weeks you won't lose a thing.

Remember that your journey is your own, and you won't lose like anyone else on here. Our bodies are entirely different from the next, so I'd advise not comparing your weightloss amounts to others as we all lose at different paces.

i was banded on 1/27/11, did the pre-opt diet starting on 1/13/11 and weighed 313 on the 13th, day of surgery 291 lbs. as of Saturday 1/19/11 = 265.4 lbs.. total 47lbs :D i stick to 3, 4oz, meals and don't cheat and only walk a mile a day!!!!

Yea I lose about 1-2lbs a week, if I had to do liquids for some reason it goes up a little bit. But generally no more than that.

Just make sure you eat around 1200 calories a day and exercise, thats all.

Yea I lose about 1-2lbs a week, if I had to do liquids for some reason it goes up a little bit. But generally no more than that.

Just make sure you eat around 1200 calories a day and exercise, thats all.

Heather can you give me an ideal what you eat in one day to equal 1200 calories, im just trying to figure out how in the heck are people eating the much..im only about 600 to 700 a day if that and i log everything i put in my mouth........

Breakfast=

1/4 cup of egg beater

1= 2oz turkey sausage mild

1= 2oz turkey sausage regular

1.5 carbs, 28 Protein, 265 calories,

Lunch=

2 servings of tuna fish that's one can,

1 broccoli spear

4 carbs, 29 Protein, 131 calories

Dinner=

4 oz deer meat

1 broccoli spear

4 carbs, 28 protein, 216 calories

Snack=

sugar free Popsicle

3 carbs, 0 protein, 12 calories

TOTAL=

Carbs=12.5, Protein=85, Calories=636,

now someday i eat more refried Beans then other days for more carbs but try not to exceed 4oz meals!!!!!

Heather can you give me an ideal what you eat in one day to equal 1200 calories, im just trying to figure out how in the heck are people eating the much..im only about 600 to 700 a day if that and i log everything i put in my mouth........

Breakfast=

1/4 cup of egg beater

1= 2oz turkey sausage mild

1= 2oz turkey sausage regular

1.5 carbs, 28 Protein, 265 calories,

Lunch=

2 servings of tuna fish that's one can,

1 broccoli spear

4 carbs, 29 Protein, 131 calories

Dinner=

4 oz deer meat

1 broccoli spear

4 carbs, 28 protein, 216 calories

Snack=

sugar free Popsicle

3 carbs, 0 protein, 12 calories

TOTAL=

Carbs=12.5, Protein=85, Calories=636,

now someday i eat more refried Beans then other days for more carbs but try not to exceed 4oz meals!!!!!

I ate like this for a long time and lost a lot, though I eventually stalled for a few weeks and decided to up my calories. Since I'm doing pretty intense workouts I'm eating 1300 calories a day at the least. Is there any reason you're only eating 4oz? Is that what fills you up? I eat 4oz of meat a meal, crazy!! As long as you're losing I say go for it. Your protein is at a great level as well. Just remember we all lose at different rates eating different things though I'd be hesitant to stick to eating 630 calories a day.

I started prep diet Jan 20,lost 19 lb pre op. Banded feb 10. Have lost another 9. But haven't lost any in 3 days. Am not really counting calories, but am definitely not eating more than I should. I guess that is good. Don't go for fill till march 22. Thinking that is a little far off. But I guess the soca know best.

Honsetly, I don't count calories. I have been losing about 1lb a since my fill last Wed. I think that I'm doing ok with everything. My doc told me that 2 to 3 meals a day are fine but nothing more than that and no snacking what so ever.

Thanks for the input! :o)

I ate like this for a long time and lost a lot, though I eventually stalled for a few weeks and decided to up my calories. Since I'm doing pretty intense workouts I'm eating 1300 calories a day at the least. Is there any reason you're only eating 4oz? Is that what fills you up? I eat 4oz of meat a meal, crazy!! As long as you're losing I say go for it. Your Protein is at a great level as well. Just remember we all lose at different rates eating different things though I'd be hesitant to stick to eating 630 calories a day.

i was told by surgeon and nutritionist, to eat only 3 meals a day and only 4oz at a time.. i have no fills at this time..im empty!!! even in all the seminars and support groups i went to said 4 oz meals 3 times a day!!! so im doing my best to do what they say.. and sometimes i don't want to eat.... very strange for me..lol..some days i eat less then that!!

yea there was a earlier post from me, on the weight i lost and how much i eat at a time!!

i was told by surgeon and nutritionist, to eat only 3 meals a day and only 4oz at a time.. i have no fills at this time..im empty!!! even in all the seminars and support groups i went to said 4 oz meals 3 times a day!!! so im doing my best to do what they say.. and sometimes i don't want to eat.... very strange for me..lol..some days i eat less then that!!

yea there was a earlier post from me, on the weight i lost and how much i eat at a time!!

Cliff, just to give you an idea that there are different schools of thought about this: I've been advised by my surgeon's team to eat small meals as often as I get hungry, as long as they're planned and nutritous meals. For me, that's about every four hours. So I eat about five times a day. Some meals are a bit heavier than others, but the goal for me is to maintain my blood sugar balance, and to get my nutrition in. I eat about 1200 to 1500 calories a day, about 100g of Protein, and about 60g of carbs. I work out 30 to 60 minutes a day. My goal is to have about 1000 calories a day deficit, which equals about 2 pounds a week weight loss. It's working very well for me.

I think the minimal diet you're on is fine, as long as you're healthy and losing on it. It wasn't enough nutrition for me, and after I bumped my nutrition numbers up, my weight loss started moving downward again. I've found having the Bodymedia.com armband (aka Bodybugg) has been an excellent tool for me to track my meals, exercise, and sleeping habits. This is the same kind of band the contestants wear on The BIggest Loser. It really works.

Good luck!

Dave

I'm keeping my calorie intake between 800 - 1,000 per day and get on the treadmill 3 - 4 times week or do my Leslie Sansone 3 mile walking DVD. I was banded on 12/27/10 and have had NO fills yet. I'm down 32 pounds. My doc says I'm doing great and no fills while I'm still losing 1 - 2 pounds week. I'm honestly a little worried because I'm starting to feel like I could be eating more than I am and feel like it's all will power now... hmmmmmmmmmmm

I was banded 12/2/10 and have lost 31 lbs. I have had 2 fills totalling 4.5ccs in a 10cc band and could probably use another small fill since this is the first week I haven't lost any weight.

After my band tightened from my last fill, I'm eating about 800-900 calories per day. I used to eat 1200. For me, the difference is in the fats and cutting back slightly.

When I was eating 1200, I'd eat 2 eggs and 2 sl bacon in just a bit of butter for Breakfast, lunch and dinner were 3 oz of Protein with vegies or salad using butter on the vegies or full fat dressing on the salad. I also use half and half in my coffee (about 1 Tbs per mug) and had 2-3 cups per day.

Since my band tightened, not only am I not hungry but I don't even have the desire to eat but I know I have to. So now Breakfast is 1 egg in .1 oz butter, lunch and dinner are 3 oz Protein and a small salad with full fat dressing. I'm only drinking one cup of coffee (with the cream) now and the rest of the time it's Decaf tea, plain. I wasn't trying to do that...it's just what I feel like eating.