Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost a Year after Surgery....and soooo Happy!

CynthiaMTR
Sign in to follow this  

February 23rd will be my 1 year anniversay of being banded. It has been a very easy JOurney for me..If I had to do it again I would!!! Before surgery I weighed 211. My highest was 225 at some point as well. Im am currently weighing 168 pounds. My goal is 150..not there yet but I finally know I will be getting there soon.

I had to have maybe 4 fills and after the last one dont think ill ever need another one unless my band gets too loose if I drop too much weight. Ive been working out consistently for a year...always worked out before but would take months off and then have to start all over again like new. Proud to say this year has been a success.

I feel Great...Look Great and looking forward to finally reaching my GOAL!! Hopefully by the summer. Many times I feel ive lost very slowly but I know slow is the way to go...especially becaue im working out and eating well....not much more I can do.

Anyway just wanted to share how Happy Ive been ever since Ive been banded and to encourgage those who are just beginning this Wonderful Weight Loss Journey!!!

YOu do have to follow the rules though!!! I try to follow them as much as I can because being sick is no fun...ive been there and hate it so I follow the rules..I eat what I can...and when I want something I cant I just think about how Beautiful I look now!!!!

Cynthia

February 23rd will be my 1 year anniversay of being banded. It has been a very easy JOurney for me..If I had to do it again I would!!! Before surgery I weighed 211. My highest was 225 at some point as well. Im am currently weighing 168 pounds. My goal is 150..not there yet but I finally know I will be getting there soon.

I had to have maybe 4 fills and after the last one dont think ill ever need another one unless my band gets too loose if I drop too much weight. Ive been working out consistently for a year...always worked out before but would take months off and then have to start all over again like new. Proud to say this year has been a success.

I feel Great...Look Great and looking forward to finally reaching my GOAL!! Hopefully by the summer. Many times I feel ive lost very slowly but I know slow is the way to go...especially becaue im working out and eating well....not much more I can do.

Anyway just wanted to share how Happy Ive been ever since Ive been banded and to encourgage those who are just beginning this Wonderful Weight Loss Journey!!!

YOu do have to follow the rules though!!! I try to follow them as much as I can because being sick is no fun...ive been there and hate it so I follow the rules..I eat what I can...and when I want something I cant I just think about how Beautiful I look now!!!!

Cynthia

Great Job Cynthia -- Your words are very encouraging to me. I am waiting to be approved by my insurance co. I am at 225 lbs my highest weight ever and don't like myself this way. Its so great to hear you had a good year with the band. I am concerned about complications. Hope I get approved and in a year can speak like you. Would love to get down to 168 lbs. Keep up the good work. Chris

Congrats! We were banded on the same day and I am excited about my weight loss as well! I can't say it's been easy but it's getting easier as the days go by!

Congratulations!!

Thank you for sharing I am very inspired as our weights are similar....Good luck as you get to your goal, you will be there!

Congrats!! It's amazing how much self-confidence you have. Wishes for many more happy years to come!

congratulations! the day of my surgery i was 213... today i'm 145'ish and i'm almost 3 years post-op. i continue to lose weight but it has slowed down drastically but i'm okay with that. i hope to lose another 5 pounds so when i go into "maintenance mode" i'll have a few pounds to work with so i stay in a normal bmi.

keep up the good work!

Hurrah for you! Keep up the good work, just as you said, "slow and steady wins the race"! Ask the turtle. I have lost 104, and am maitenance. It is harder than the weight loss for me. I had my 1st anniversary Oct.30 2010, so I am 1 1/2 almost. I never met goal before in all my dieting. But, this time my surgeon hugged ma and said you have lost 100 lbs. I was excited and pleased with myself and the lapband. Karen(kll724)

Congrats! We were banded on the same day and I am excited about my weight loss as well! I can't say it's been easy but it's getting easier as the days go by!

What would you say has been the hardest part of your journey?

Congratulations! It's great to hear of your success and happiness, gives motivation to those of us who are new to this.

Congrats! It's such a relief to know that losing just over 40lbs in my first year is about the same for others. I was feeling so depressed when I hit my year mark on January 21st. I told my husband that I wish I had lost over 100lbs because I see most others doing it but my husband reminded me that I would have NEVER lost anything without the Band. He's right.

So CONGRATS and keep up the great work! I will be trucking right along side you!

Congrats to you Cynthia! I am really happy for you and hope I will have that same happiness once I am closer to my goal weight. Way to go! :)