Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

Hi march bandsters

I am getting banded in April the sixth

Have not really been given a pre op diet as such

Just to cut down

But I think I do the drinks just in case ,any advice please,

Will be greatly appreciated

Do liquids at least 2 days before surgery, it will help you get used to it!!! Because after surgery you have no choice, and is not easy!!!

Good luck with everything!!!

wink.gif

Hi march bandsters

I am getting banded in April the sixth

Have not really been given a pre op diet as such

Just to cut down

But I think I do the drinks just in case ,any advice please,

Will be greatly appreciated

I wasn't told about any position restrictions. I've actually been sleeping on my stomach a lot more than usual, but because of my sleep apnea have been a side sleeper for years. So far my port seems fine.

You can continue with Protein shakes to keep your daily amount up...but keep in min the fist 2-4 weeks are meant for healing and ajusting, so please do not feel like a failure * hugs *

So far so good today. I ate Breakfast, waited 4 hours for lunch...lots of Water and 2 cups of coffee. I'm finally peeing off some Fluid. I ate a scrambled egg (egg liquid substitute) with chopped ham, baby spinach, and scallions for breakfast and a lovely spinach salad with chopped chicken breast , some chopped carrots and low cal dressing for lunch. I've made a shepherd's pie for dinner with gorund turkey aand fresh carrots & green & yellow squash so will have that later. I wanted something fairly easy to digest as i;m delivering dinner to my dad in the hospital tonight.

Marcy- That all sounds so good !!! I was banded 6 days ago and cant wait to eat some thing !!! I keep looking at your day of food and think yum yum !! Thanks for sharing!!

No one told me to not sleep on my side! I have slept on my side with a firm pillow against my incisions and for the past two nights I've been able to be on my belly.

Is it really a concern?

Sorry I talked about real food...that was inconsiderate. :( Maybe next month mid way we can start sharing recipies once everyone is off liquids?

Awinner...I'm so so sorry your recovery is going so slow and painful. *huge hugs* I'm really glad you called the doc and went in. I'll keep you in my prayers that it gets easier from here on out.

My low cal dinner last night was a hit with my mom , who is so hard to please. Her and my dad are both dieting so I wanted to take something on their diet. It sounds like my dad is doing really well (knee replacement). I was really nervous as it was his first-ever surgery. He's only ever been a patient when he was first born 65+ yrs ago and in Vietnam for malaria. He'll have the other knee done the end of next month. Sorry if I'm rambling...

Wait, now I'm confused. I was never told not to sleep on my side. I've always been a side sleeper and I was able to sleep on my side about 4 days after my surgery. Now I'm a little nervous about it :-X

Awinner, so sorry to hear you are having a hard time I hope it gets better and please keep us up to date!!

Marcy I think sharing recipes eventually would be a good idea. We're all in this together!!

I get to move on to mushy's tomorrow and I am so excited, just hope it all goes well.

To all those getting banded tomorrow good luck!!!!

So...I have been miserable that last several days....I have been barely drinking 32 ounces of liquid, and the liquid I have been having is sugar free Powerade. I take a sip of Protein shake, or a bite of yogurt or anything...and the pain is unbearable on my left side. I actually have been feeling dizzy the last couple of days. I have been sleeping in a sitting position since my operation, and maybe only 4-6 hours of sleep a night. The gas pains are bad too....also having that same bubble feeling in my chest. Still have not gone to the bathroom since last wednesday. So I finally call the doctor today...they want to see me asap....he can't believe how little I am drinking and tells me how serious it will be if I don't drink....I tell him when I do the pain on my left side is really hurting....he lays me down....gets a needle and pulls out some residual liquid in the band...about 1cc....he thinks my band is really restricted on my side and that is why I am feeling so uncomfortable when I drink. He would not let me leave until I finished my Powerade. He wants me to call him tomorrow to follow up with him and come in again to the office next week...so we shall see what happens.

So sorry you are having so much trouble...glad you went to see your Dr. hopefully things will be looking up for you :)

Wait, now I'm confused. I was never told not to sleep on my side. I've always been a side sleeper and I was able to sleep on my side about 4 days after my surgery. Now I'm a little nervous about it :-X

Awinner, so sorry to hear you are having a hard time I hope it gets better and please keep us up to date!!

Marcy I think sharing recipes eventually would be a good idea. We're all in this together!!

I get to move on to mushy's tomorrow and I am so excited, just hope it all goes well.

To all those getting banded tomorrow good luck!!!!

I was never told either about sleeping on sides, I too have been using a pillow . But Dr. said I could use a stomach support to help it from hurting when I move around. you can get them at any drug store. I started my thicker shakes today and strained cream Soups and I have to say i feel so much better. The liquid diet was making me light headed and week. And I too love looking at Marcy's meal...lol ! Can't wait to share recipes too : )

I asked my husband to stop at the store for a few things. He came home with really bad frozen stuff (high calorie/carb/sodium) and freaking Cookies that are 170 calories EACH. I know it's up to me to ignore these foods, but our kids will also want to eat them, and hubby and the temptation is just not needed 2 weeks after surgery. I need to have a major talk with him.

I feel terrible about bringing up the sleeping position thing. Don't go worrying... I'm just a crazy loopy chick who worries about everything !

So I've been on Soups and full liquid since post op day 3. A little earlier than most but I went back to work and needed energy.

I'm now starting to feel hungry. And its not just a mild hunger its "IM HUNGRY RIGHT NOW !!!!!". Im learning that my morning routine has to be get something in or dizzy follows.

Good Morning March Bandsters. I was banded yesterday and I feel pretty good so far. The surgery went well and I have a little gas to report, which I'm taking chewable gas-x. The pain is under control with the aide of some fantastic medication that I plan on taking every 4-8 hours until the bottle runs out. Not big on pain, so no need to chance my pain threshold right now...lol.

I was experiencing the trapped gas in my shoulders last night and started to swell around my incisions. I'm up early this morning feeling much better. I walked alot yesterday and couldn't sleep, but I slept for about 6 hours last. My shoulders feel much better and the swelling went down. I'm staying at my moms until about Saturday, so maybe it's just being in a different bed.

I had two glasses of Water, 3/4 cup of Soup and 1 cup of Protein shake yesterday after surgery. I'm sipping everything very slowly and really wasn't hungery. I felt weak, so I forced the little bit in to avoid passing out. I'm happy, excited, a little anxious, but ready to take control of my weight and live a healthier lifestyle.

My heart goes out to everyone experiencing any difficulty post surgery (Awinner) in particular. I read your post on my way to surgery and prayed that your doctor would be able to help. I hope you feel better soon.

Talk to everyone later, back to sleep for me.

Ok, my March buddies. I have a problemo. Before I tell you, YES I KNOW I TOTALLY DID SOMETHING STUPID. I know I did. :( :( :(

I have been totally committed and that's what sucks the most about this.

I am on liquids for 3 weeks post up. (3 days of clears and now full liquids) I was banded a week ago. I was on a strict preop diet beforehand. I've lost 20 pounds.

OK now my problem.

Last night, in the middle of life with 3 kids and a husband (homework, dinner, baths, the daily teenager problems, etc.) I was distracted and picked up a handful of pita chips. (YES, OMG. WTF was I thinking??!?)

and I just started eating them like I used to eat! Fast, one right after the other.

Well, let me tell you. I obviously didn't make it through the whole handful. OMG. They sort of stuck in my throat and then I experienced TERRIBLE pain near my band.

I drank a bunch of Water, thought I was gonna throw up and then it ended up going through. I could FEEL it go through the band. It hurt and it was obviously tight.

I don't have a fill in my band, btw. (Realize band)

Today, I have some mild pain near my band. It feels like GAS pain again. Like I REALLY need to burp.

Do you guys think I totally screwed everything up??? I really just want this to be ok!! OMG! I have been trying SO hard, not giving in to head hunger, NOT giving in to regular hunger for THIS!??!?

OMG.

btw, if that is what STUCK feels like - you do NOT, under ANY circumstances, want to experience it. AVOID it at ALL costs.

Good Morning March Bandsters. I was banded yesterday and I feel pretty good so far. The surgery went well and I have a little gas to report, which I'm taking chewable gas-x. The pain is under control with the aide of some fantastic medication that I plan on taking every 4-8 hours until the bottle runs out. Not big on pain, so no need to chance my pain threshold right now...lol.

I was experiencing the trapped gas in my shoulders last night and started to swell around my incisions. I'm up early this morning feeling much better. I walked alot yesterday and couldn't sleep, but I slept for about 6 hours last. My shoulders feel much better and the swelling went down. I'm staying at my moms until about Saturday, so maybe it's just being in a different bed.

I had two glasses of Water, 3/4 cup of Soup and 1 cup of Protein shake yesterday after surgery. I'm sipping everything very slowly and really wasn't hungery. I felt weak, so I forced the little bit in to avoid passing out. I'm happy, excited, a little anxious, but ready to take control of my weight and live a healthier lifestyle.

My heart goes out to everyone experiencing any difficulty post surgery (Awinner) in particular. I read your post on my way to surgery and prayed that your doctor would be able to help. I hope you feel better soon.

Talk to everyone later, back to sleep for me.

Congrats!!!! You're going to do great!! It's awesome to know it's finally happening, right?