Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

Well tomorrow is my big day!!! I am having my surgery at 11:30 am. I am excited, nervous and ready to have the surgery! The liquid diet was tough and I will still have to be on liquids for 2 weeks post-op! Today was strictly Clear Liquids and it was a long day! I just want to have somewhat of a normal life again! I have lost 11 lbs. this past 2 wks!

Good luck to everyone!!!

I will update everyone after my surgery!

Peace,

Joleen

Good luck! You'll be on the other side of the lap band journey soon!

Starting to feel the hunger today. I was banded Friday , I cant wait to add in my protien shakes tomorrow. Who would have thought I'd be craving protien shakes...lol ! Still a little sore where the port is and I still have that DANG air bubble that wont come up.

I was banded on Mar 15,,, had my first pre-op and was down only 7 pounds,,, but I had to first lose all of the weight from the IVs. I am not disappointed at all. Am going back to work tomorrow, but not sure how I will get along without my afternoon nap,,,LOL,,, I did have a scrambled egg with cheese for Breakfast and ate the whole thing. Will be on soft - pureed foods for the next 10 days,,, and will go back on April 20 for my first fill. Things have been pretty uneventful for me which is a good thing!!! I do love to read all of the postings out here to find out what everyone else is going thru,,, thanks to you all for the info,,, and good luck to all who w3ill be banded in the near future. Have a great day!!!!!

Rosie

I was banded on the 15th too and just came back to work (I'm here now ugh). I'm pretty tired and could probably use one of my awesome afternoon naps lol. I've been on liquid diet for about 4 weeks now (2 weeks pre and 2 weeks post) and I finally get to move to mushy on Wednesday. I never thought I'd be so excited to eat somewhat regular food!! I hate eggs but I'm excited to have a scrambled egg with some cheese on top!!!

I'm having a really hard time. I fear it's emotional hunger. My band has gotten "loose" with surgical swelling going down and I've gotten carried away the past 2-3 days with eating too much. I'm really swollen (water weight)...my wedding bands that I finally got back on last week due to initial weight loss is tight, my face is puffy, my ankles are cankles. I'm trying to not get upset with myself and just look at it as bad choices, and am trying so hard to get back on the wagon today with lots of Water aand resonable meal choices. I'm so looking forward to my first fill on April 13th!!!

I know the band is the tool and the rest is up to me. I just feel like a failure so far. One day at a time, right? Even one hour at a time...

I was banded on 3/23! I have that same bubble that will rise to my mid chest area and then go back down. It's very painful. I also feel it every single time I drink something too fast!

I also have a lot of pain/pressure in the middle of my back. It's mid back, beneath my shoulder blades. Is that where my band is? I feel it more when I have consumed a liquid like a Protein drink.

I am on all liquids for another 2 weeks. (It's been 1 week already) and I was on a pretty strict preop diet. I have lost 20 pounds so far. I have 89 to go.

I was banded on 3/23! I have that same bubble that will rise to my mid chest area and then go back down. It's very painful. I also feel it every single time I drink something too fast!

I also have a lot of pain/pressure in the middle of my back. It's mid back, beneath my shoulder blades. Is that where my band is? I feel it more when I have consumed a liquid like a Protein drink.

I am on all liquids for another 2 weeks. (It's been 1 week already) and I was on a pretty strict preop diet. I have lost 20 pounds so far. I have 89 to go.

Yep sounds like what I have. But I dont have any back pain, but I have read others on here that have back pain too. If I could just get rid of this bubble I'd feel pretty good. But mine has nothing to do with the liquids , Cause I even wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I have to burp but it goes back down.

I hope we eventually get rid of these crazy bubbles! :)

Marcy-keep trying and like you said sometimes it is one day at a time, one hour at a time or even one minute at a time.

I'm having a really hard time. I fear it's emotional hunger. My band has gotten "loose" with surgical swelling going down and I've gotten carried away the past 2-3 days with eating too much. I'm really swollen (water weight)...my wedding bands that I finally got back on last week due to initial weight loss is tight, my face is puffy, my ankles are cankles. I'm trying to not get upset with myself and just look at it as bad choices, and am trying so hard to get back on the wagon today with lots of Water aand resonable meal choices. I'm so looking forward to my first fill on April 13th!!!

I know the band is the tool and the rest is up to me. I just feel like a failure so far. One day at a time, right? Even one hour at a time...

So I have my first post op appt in 45 mins. I still have the bubble pain and its horrible to the point where I can barely sleep sometimes.. and my back is killing me. The back for me is because Im not a back sleeper Im a stomach and side sleeper so a week on my back is not cool! That might be why some of you others that are experiencing back pain could be! I will let everyone knows how the dr appt went when I get back!

Marcy- just keep pushing! you can do it!

Hey all,

A few questions for the March bandsters.

1. Do you guys wind up on your sides in the middle of the night ?

I am terrified of getting a flipped port and I seem to end up on my side in the middle of the night. My nurse said a number of things would make a port flip but back sleeping is a precaution.

I am getting ready to go back to work so sitting up for 8 hours is going to be a challenge as well. This dang port thing freaks me out !

2. Are you guys meeting your Protein needs ?

I am on soft foods (yogurt, Soups, and liquids). But I am not meeting my goals regardless of choices. Im so frustrated. I feel like I'm failing already by not eating enough... booo !

Other than that... I went to a student art show. I walked into my local organic food center and was craving fresh veggies and whole grains... Maybe this band thing might work out for me :)

I wasn't told about any position restrictions. I've actually been sleeping on my stomach a lot more than usual, but because of my sleep apnea have been a side sleeper for years. So far my port seems fine.

You can continue with Protein shakes to keep your daily amount up...but keep in min the fist 2-4 weeks are meant for healing and ajusting, so please do not feel like a failure * hugs *

So far so good today. I ate Breakfast, waited 4 hours for lunch...lots of Water and 2 cups of coffee. I'm finally peeing off some Fluid. I ate a scrambled egg (egg liquid substitute) with chopped ham, baby spinach, and scallions for Breakfast and a lovely spinach salad with chopped chicken breast , some chopped carrots and low cal dressing for lunch. I've made a shepherd's pie for dinner with gorund turkey aand fresh carrots & green & yellow squash so will have that later. I wanted something fairly easy to digest as i;m delivering dinner to my dad in the hospital tonight.

my doc didnt tell me anything about how i should sleep. im a stomach sleeper and have been trying to sleep on my back its so uncomfortable but i found myself on my stomach when i woke up yesturday. im only 6days out and am terrified of my incisions opening and now the port flipping. im nervous as, i cant relax

I am preparing to go back to work tomorrow and I wanted to clean up my house a bit. Every time I bend or stretch I reach for the port site thinking I will be able to stop it... duh.

I'm sleeping with body pillows on both sides to avoid the rolling. I can't wait to be 3 months post op saying "geesh ... what was the big deal ! "

Hey! Im scheduled for March 31st, this upcoming Thursday! SO excited! :D

So...I have been miserable that last several days....I have been barely drinking 32 ounces of liquid, and the liquid I have been having is sugar free Powerade. I take a sip of Protein Shake, or a bite of yogurt or anything...and the pain is unbearable on my left side. I actually have been feeling dizzy the last couple of days. I have been sleeping in a sitting position since my operation, and maybe only 4-6 hours of sleep a night. The gas pains are bad too....also having that same bubble feeling in my chest. Still have not gone to the bathroom since last wednesday. So I finally call the doctor today...they want to see me asap....he can't believe how little I am drinking and tells me how serious it will be if I don't drink....I tell him when I do the pain on my left side is really hurting....he lays me down....gets a needle and pulls out some residual liquid in the band...about 1cc....he thinks my band is really restricted on my side and that is why I am feeling so uncomfortable when I drink. He would not let me leave until I finished my powerade. He wants me to call him tomorrow to follow up with him and come in again to the office next week...so we shall see what happens.