Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was my banding day,,,

well I was banded today,,,, so happy the anxiety of the unknown if over. The surgery itself was not bad I just feel like I have been punched in the upper gut about a million times but definitely manageable. The thing that has been the worst is the dry throat and sinus's, should have brought some sudefed and ocean spray to keep them from burning.

LOl... all in all it was not bad at all... but I am tired again so I am saying BBL....

Congratulations!

3 days ago I was banded...stay on top of the pain meds...did they send you home with some pain meds? I got sent home with Ibuprofen due to a codeine allergy but had to call in for something stronger...also had felt like I ot punched in the gut really hard many times! The walking they tell you to do really does help, even when you don't really feel like doing it.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Congrats to both of you on crossing the fence! Stay on your meds and move move move through those aches!

Excellent, that is great news!:D

I have have never had surgery and a little worried so you post is very reassuring.

I have bad allergies. Should I take an allergy pill that day?

Keep us posted with your recovery. Let me know how many days you need to take off from work. I am taking off 3 days plus 2 on a weekend and working from home on the first day back to work.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

K

well I was banded today,,,, so happy the anxiety of the unknown if over. The surgery itself was not bad I just feel like I have been punched in the upper gut about a million times but definitely manageable. The thing that has been the worst is the dry throat and sinus's, should have brought some sudefed and ocean spray to keep them from burning.

LOl... all in all it was not bad at all... but I am tired again so I am saying BBL....

Congrats! My surgery is scheduled for Monday at 7:00. I'm starting to get a little bit nervous. So glad to hear everything went well for you.

I get banded tomorrow at 9:30...Good to hear that everything went well..LIttle anxious also but excited to get it done!! Good luck to all that have been done and the ones that are about too

Peacelaugh.gif

I have surgery on Tuesday! So glad it went well for you!

did you stay in the hospital overnight?

i am scheduled to be in for one night- had the option for going home same day- but i figure, if i can have nurses there.... thats wayyy better for me! :)

Glad it went well for you!

Thanks for sharing- makes me feel better too!

Cheechtrish

Its early Monday morning and I was banded on Friday morning ! Came home feeling fine for the most part but don't get me wrong there is pain in the area between your ribs and belly button. I feel like I have been kicked in the gut, did a million sit ups and add the pain you get when you have a really bad sunburn which makes the skin burn.... combine all 3 of these and thats what I am feeling.... fortunately its manageable... keep up with the pain meds and there timing and walk a lot. I started walking the halls within the first hour in my room and continued each and every hour. I think thats the reason I didn't get the gas pains. Now coming home was a bit harder mentally than I thought. The affects of anesthesia don't fully wear off for about 72 hours is what I was told so my judgement was way off. Its like my mind said.... O.k. now that your banded you don't need that stupid pre op diet and I started nibbling on everything, I was out of control for a bit and luckily didn't hurt the band or myself. It made me realize I still had a big battle in front of me. I wish they could also take out taste buds along with banding me.... if food didn't taste so dang good I would be in a lot better shape...So I sent my husband out and he got box after box of popsicles and every time I feel a need to snack I grab one. One thing thats made it harder is I detest Soup broth... I have had it a bit but Yuck....can;t wait for the mush stage.... otherwise I have been sleeping a lot over the weekend but in the morning its back to reality with kids and school. Don't be scared about the surgery itself.... that was not a problem. It was handling it emotionally once I got home..... you have waited so long for this to happen and now that it has you find it hard to adjust, well at least I did for a day or so.... If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask..... Blair

So glad to hear you are doing ok. :) Thanks for posting all the info. I'm also more concerned about the post op and getting back to my life. It will be hard not to want to ea6 everything that I am used to...and then there is the decreased quantity. I am def a bulk eater...I just need to remember why I am doing this...Oh and the ice pops are a great idea.

Thanks again for posting...keep in touch with us and let us know how you are progressing.

Peace~

Ally

Came home feeling fine for the most part but don't get me wrong there is pain in the area between your ribs and belly button. I feel like I have been kicked in the gut, did a million sit ups and add the pain you get when you have a really bad sunburn which makes the skin burn.... combine all 3 of these and thats what I am feeling....

I have been telling people when they ask "how ya feeling" something to this effect "Well yesterday I felt like I was kicked in my stomach 100 times with steel boots and today I feel like I was punched instead...so I'm doin better" haha

I get what you are saying about food. I was not on a pre-diet before hand but I woke up today thinking automatically about what I'm goin to eat for Breakfast and going to go get coffee. Then I moved to get out of bed and then was like "Crap, strike that...Jello it is" haha. It does take some mental barrior to remember no solids...

I wish you the best of luck in your recovery...its time for me to have a fruit chiller to play mind games to make me think I've had something solid to eat =)

Congratulations, I assume you are home? I spent the night and was glad I did......when I was cleared to drink I dranks TONS of Water and was in and out of the bathroom all night and my br is upstairs and bath down. Lots of walking helped me heal quick....I walked the halls in the hopital 45mins the evening of my surgery. Get lots of rest as well and take care!:rolleyes:

Congrats! My surgery is scheduled for Monday at 7:00. I'm starting to get a little bit nervous. So glad to hear everything went well for you.

How did it go? Best wishes for a speedy recovery!