Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2011 Bandsters - Where are you?

I was banded on January 24th, and I am feeling alot better today!!! Thank Goodness...Does anyone know how to get the weight graph at the bottom with your signature?:)

I use myfitnesspal to keep track of my daily calories, Protein, and carbs. It also keeps track of my weight when i log it in and automatically updates the ticker in my signature. I just use the copy and paste on myftinesspal.com and paste it on the signature line.

Hello,

My name is Vicki. I just got the band 2 days ago. I checked this board right before my surgery but didn't see anyone sign up for January 2011. I'm guessing there are more out there than just me or perhaps you can guide me to the right place to get in touch with other "newbies". There are no support groups anywhere near where I live so am pretty dependant on the online stuff. Looking forward to hearing from others.

Thanks,

Vicki

Hello Vicki,

I was banded on the 27th... The first few days was rough... WHen I hit day 5 I was feeling fantastic... Sometimes I will get sore around my port... I am on full liquids - I guess it is HELL time as I seem to be very hungry every few hours... Sometimes I wait till my stomach is really fighting a war before I decide to do something about it... One thing I have found that works is... I go get Broc and Chick or Terri chick from the chinese resturant and then I get chicken noodle soup... I take the broth and blend that with the chinese chick and broc and I have one hellov liquid drink that totally does it for me... I still get the chinese food taste but like a Soup and I have to say it is good.

I go for my first fill on the 24. I will be on my soft foods than... Mushies is Monday... there is always light at the end of the tunnel... Good Luck

Hi! Thanks for starting us off Vicki :)

I'm Julie and I was banded on the 5th of January. I'm going for my first fill this Tuesday. I had my surgery about 5pm and was home by 9pm! (Definitely couldn't drive myself though and I had to have a responsible adult pick me up...my husband seemed to convince them he was responsible enough, lol). The recovery was a bit longer than I thought, mostly because I have a two year old with special needs who doesn't walk so on day 5 when my husband went back to work I used the stroller inside to get him from room to room. Anyway, I've been doing really well except for today for some reason I'm making terrible food choices but I have decided that tomorrow is another day and I will be back on track. My first fill is on Tuesday and I'm really hoping to be lucky enough to feel restriction after the first fill. This willpower thing only lasts for a short while for me.

Glad to get know some of you who were also banded this month and hope you are all feeling well.

Julie

I was banded on January 25, 2011. Three days before my birthday.. Happy Birthday to me.. I had some complications after surgery with nausea. I had to receive medication to help with it once I started on Soups and Protein Shakes I was better. I am currently on mushy foods.. or puree's each doctor is different.. I am okay.. I had my first post op visit with my Dr. on Wednesday February 9, 2011, I am still only allowed to walk.. I should walk about a hour a day however, I haven't been walking the full hour just 30-45 mins. So, I am going to work on that. I am still a little sore on my port site. but I am doing pretty good..

Hope you are feeling better. I stayed over night too and had a morphine pump for the pain but it was removed the morning after. Then it was liquid loritab 7.5. I cant believe they let you drive home. I had to have someone there to drive me home before they would discharge me. Hope the kids are taking it easy on you and dont worry after the first week you should start to feel tons better.

I didn't drive until Sunday and I had surgery on Tuesday.. I had issues with nausea up until I was a week post op. I tried to throw up several times thankfully there wasn't anything to throw up.. but I can understand..I didn't stay in the hospital. I had surgery at 8:00am and was discharged at 630pm. Orignally they wanted to keep me but i wanted to go home because i wouldn't get any sleep and the fact that have a four year old little girl who depends on me and my husband isn't ever really around to help with her.. I didn't even see him until Sunday when I drove home. I live 10 miles from my parents. I stayed with them during the first few days of recovery so i could get help with Kaitlynn.

Hello,

My name is Vicki. I just got the band 2 days ago. I checked this board right before my surgery but didn't see anyone sign up for January 2011. I'm guessing there are more out there than just me or perhaps you can guide me to the right place to get in touch with other "newbies". There are no support groups anywhere near where I live so am pretty dependant on the online stuff. Looking forward to hearing from others.

Thanks,

Vicki

hi vicki,i was banded on january, 20th.i am down 19lbs

Hi, I'm Shelly. I was banded 1/31/11. It was my first surgery, so I was pretty terrified! The doc fixed a hiatal hernia I didn't know I had, and I stayed over night at the hospital.

Hi! Thanks for starting us off Vicki :)

I'm Julie and I was banded on the 5th of January. I'm going for my first fill this Tuesday. I had my surgery about 5pm and was home by 9pm! (Definitely couldn't drive myself though and I had to have a responsible adult pick me up...my husband seemed to convince them he was responsible enough, lol). The recovery was a bit longer than I thought, mostly because I have a two year old with special needs who doesn't walk so on day 5 when my husband went back to work I used the stroller inside to get him from room to room. Anyway, I've been doing really well except for today for some reason I'm making terrible food choices but I have decided that tomorrow is another day and I will be back on track. My first fill is on Tuesday and I'm really hoping to be lucky enough to feel restriction after the first fill. This willpower thing only lasts for a short while for me.

Glad to get know some of you who were also banded this month and hope you are all feeling well.

Julie

I was banded the 10th so we are pretty close in our journey. I have my first fill tomorrow and am very excited. I am extremely hungry and feel ike it I wanted to I could sit and eat like I use to. Looking forward to a little restriction anyway. Stuck at 16 pound loss and havent lost anything since going on solids last week.

Hi there.

My name is Stephanie, I was banded Jan 19th and it was the easiest recovery for me. I was back at work within a week. I have lost a total of 33 lbs. So pre and some post. I have my first fill on Friday and I am praying it will help. I am finding I have very little restriction and I hope it will give me more. I have not lost a lb in a week and it scares me a bit.

Anyway nice to meet you guys and I hope we all have successful journeys ahead!!!

Hi there.

My name is Stephanie, I was banded Jan 19th and it was the easiest recovery for me. I was back at work within a week. I have lost a total of 33 lbs. So pre and some post. I have my first fill on Friday and I am praying it will help. I am finding I have very little restriction and I hope it will give me more. I have not lost a lb in a week and it scares me a bit.

Anyway nice to meet you guys and I hope we all have successful journeys ahead!!!

I get my first fill Thursday and I cant wait. I have been soooo hungry these past two weeks. Even keeping my calories close to 1000 and haven't really lost this week. I hope the fill helps.

Hope we get some restriction.

Hello all my name is Dora and I was banded on January 31, 2011 and I go for my first fill on March 9th. I though my surgery went well, I checked in at 6:00am went in to surgery at 8:00 am. Don't remember anything execept them reeling me in to OR and moving me to a table after that I woke up in recovery. Woke up took me a while to get some Water down as my stomach was still bloated from the gas they put in me to do the surgery. But once I walked around the gas started coming out and I felt better, so they released me to go home at 3:00pm, but really did not leave until 5:00. I still have some pain where my port is, but other than that I am doing fine. Couple days after my surgery I was on the road traveling to a meeting out of town, making sure to keep water and Protein with me at all time. My appetite was not that good, so I just made sure to drink 3 to 4 Protein Shakes a day as I did not feel like I was getting enough nourishment in my body. To this day I am still having a problem of getting enough water in my body, but I will just have to make sure I carry water with me all the time. Nice to know about this thread as I did not know if anyone else had the surgery around the time I did. Good luck everyone on your new and improved way of living. :)

AHHHH I'm just now seeing this forum. I'm here now! lol

my name is kelly.... i was banded on jan 27.... have only lost 26 lbs..... need help... was off to a good start.... had 2 fills and i feel no restriction..... can you offer and advice.... are any of you in same situation...

So, how is it going? I seem to have hit a plateau for quite a while...

Carolyn

Hello,

Thanks,

Vicki

How are the January 2011 Bandsters doing?!

I am half way to goal. Just got a fill and have started experiencing left shoulder pain :( It eases up when i walk and stretch....so i guess it is a good incentive to walk and stretch. Hit a plateau the last two months but hopefully this last fill will help. Already can tell my amount of food has cut back. :)

How is everyone else doing?