Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First trip to grocery store since surgery

Today was the first day I went to the grocery store since I was banded on Jan 7th. It was so hard. I was excited to see, however, that the commissary had the Isopure and some Protein Shots so that will save some money, and I am looking forward to trying those. I cried when I got home after my son didn't eat the rest of the left over spaghetti that I have been wanting to scarf for a couple of days now. My husband was very supportive and understanding-polished it off before I could and did the dishes (and hugs and kisses of course). I thought I was getting myself a treat by getting myself some magazines, and I bought the wrong ones because they all have food everywhere in them! I did have my daughter give me a hug, because now she is able to fit her arms around me and touch her fingers, but I am still JONESIN' for FOOD!! I had three wedges of light Laughing Cow. I guess if that is as much as I have binged so far, then that is ok, right?

Aww it'll be fine! Make sure you enjoy what you can eat, then you won't be upset you can't eat these other things.

I was banded 1/11 and I'm dying over here too!!! I strained clam chowder tonight and the other night had olive garden strain their Soup for me too but man I wanted a breadstick Soo bad... One more week til mushies!!!!!! And I'm down 15lbs so we can do this!! Get some pudding mmmm

I was banded 1/11 and I'm dying over here too!!! I strained clam chowder tonight and the other night had olive garden strain their Soup for me too but man I wanted a breadstick Soo bad... One more week til mushies!!!!!! And I'm down 15lbs so we can do this!! Get some pudding mmmm

Oh, I do have pudding and I can add Protein powder to it and not feel bad about eating it! I am in the mushy stage and so ready to crunch something!

Oh, poo-poo on the hubby. He got up because he couldn't sleep and ate ice cream. Good thing I love him.

i'm sorry to hear that you're struggling but i think we all struggled in the beginning too... at least i know i did!

unfortunately, it takes awhile before the cravings and the temptation to binge go away... but it DOES get easier, i promise!

you'll get used to the small portions. don't deprive yourself of occasional treats. if you're craving something, just eat a bite or two and throw the rest away. at least that's what i do.

During mushie stage I would take fat free greek yoghurt with fruit(higher in protein), chobani, put it in a tupperware and use a stick mixer on it. The consistance was a a very airy pudding consistancy. After weeks of broth and Tomato Soup it was like HEAVEN!

I am a big fan of low fat laughing cow cheese. During mushies I used it instead of mayo with canned chicken or tuna. Now that I am on solids I make chicken sandwiches as follows: Romaine lettuce leaf, spread lf laughing cow down the spine, add chicken breast, squeeze on mustard, sometimes cut up halves grape tomatos.

I totally remember how hard liquid and mushie stages were. Believe me. I understand you may have eaten the laughing cow cheese for the texture or the flavor. I think however you would have felt more full, and perhaps more emotionally satisfied with a 8 oz of low fat Soup for the same 100 calories. I'm not being judgemental just trying to provide options. Even now after fills when I am on liquids/mushies I add Mrs Dash salt free chicken flavor seasonings before heating up the soup. HUGE difference.

Has anyone tried the Isopure shakes? Are they any good versus another kind?

I hated liquids as well. I felt hungry all the time as it seemed to be going straight through. I cheated and ate soft food two days early and I was so happy. It was nice i ate about 1/2 cup...maybe 2/3 and i was full. I still need to get my brain wrapped around the fact that i dont need as much food cause even tho I am using a small salad plate for dinner I still cant eat all the food I am putting on my plate. LOL...it feels good though. :rolleyes:

Thank you all. It is better today, but I waited a little too long before my cottage cheese lunch today. Still trying to get the eating down and still have a life!

I do the Isopure Natural vanilla and Natural chocolate, plus the unflavored for Soups and my coffee. The do not have that weird artificial flavor to them. I do the Isopure drinks and dilute them and add the New whey Protein shots to my Water throughout the day.

Last night I felt like I need something in my stomach, so I made some chicken broth, put some of the unflavored Isopure in and some curry and sipped it. It was really tasty. Oh, and I do the Pure for my tea.