Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

these are the type of entries I want to see. this is motivational. I want to be a success story!!!!!!!!!! i GET BANDED 3/29/11

I am going to be a success story too! I am so ready for this!! I am on my fourth day of pre-op liquids. I have no energy at all and can hardly form a complete sentence but I can make it. My surgery date is 4/30/11. I want to be a skinny bitch so bad!!

This post just made me not only smile but also made me tear up a little. I can't wait for that moment. Everything that has happened in my LapBand journey up til now has seemed fruitless but now I'm 30 days pre-op and reading everyone's stories, frustrations, support and love has made me emotional and very excited! Congrats everyone...hopefully soon I will be a "skinny bitch" with you!!!

I attended a Malley seminar too!

I too am a nurse. NICU nurse. A bit scary how many of us are on this forum and in the same boat, but we are all doing something to change it which is wonderful. I am down 31 lbs but it seems to be going tooooo slow. I am lucky if I get 1 lb a week, maybe not eating enough but I don't know how to increase it. But still trudging forward. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A friend called me a skinny bitch the other day...I think it was the best compliment!

Ive only been banded 2.5 months and its great so far. Since July of last year I have lost 68lbs. Being the bigger Younger sister has always been hard for me. It makes me proud when my sister tells me Im getting to be a skinny bitch! lol I cant wait for the day I am actually a skinny bitch along with yall!

I always take skinny bitch as a compliment!

well i am in healthcare as well, but i'm a therapist. i get banded on may20th! cant wait to be called "skinny bitch"!!LOL

I used to play a nurse on tv...lol - no seriously I used to be a CNA (while certainly not a nurse, similar demands regarding patients, just different demands). My hats off to all you and thanks for taking care of those in need. I am now an insurance adjuster and love what I do. While nursing (I was considering going for my RN) was very rewarding, the hours just weren't for me (working swing shifts, etc). Good luck to us all and congrats to all the winners :)

:unsure: I HAVE NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED MYSELF ANYWHERE NEAR A SKINNYBITCH.MY PERCEPTION AND OTHER PERCEPTION ARE LIGHT YEARS APART.MY BAND HAD BEEN EMPTY FOR 4 WEEKS ,AND I CANT WEEEIIGGHHT TO HAVE MY SALINE PUMPED IN AND GET SOMMMEE RESTRICTIN BACK.NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD MISS IT.THAN ITS ON A JOURNEY BACK TO ANYTHING NECESSARYIN THE BACK TO REALITY WORLD.:D

well I 'm not a nurse but a 7th grade teacher and one of my students was complaining that it was hot(at 7:40 in the a.m and it was chilly) I told her I was quite chilly...she then told me "that's because you have no meat on your bones" I almost wanted to hug her. She is also in a tight squeeze of an aisle and I was able to slide by her quickly to help her and she comments "wow you can fit through that space". They have seen me lose about 53lbs since August. I have lost 103 total in 18 months. Size 24 to a 8/10 (though I do have some cute 7 jeans) 7!

One of the girls at work is calling me the blonde skinny b***h! I love it as it motivates me! I have gone from a size 24 to a 16 since being banded Feb 9th. I am dreaming of maybe being a size 6?

I've lost 24. Pounds since 5/24. A friend who hasn't seen me in 35 pounds told me just last night I was a skinny b***h! It felt awesome! The look on her face was priceless. Ill never forget it. That look made me feel amazing! I still have 100 pounds to go, but I was totally pumped after our visit!

RN here too. Med-surg background, currently faculty and staff educator. Still keep active at bedside per diem.

Looking forward to "being a skinny b***h" too, lol.

When I return back to school in Sept. I want to look like a totally different person from the one who left on vacation at the end of the Spring semester. Make everyone think there is a new professor on campus.

I am getting banded tomorrow, 7/26. Have to be at the hospital by 5:30 a.m. I am the first case of the day. My surgeon requires an overnight stay to make sure all is well and that I am able to tolerate 3-4 ounces of Fluid before discharge.

Lyd RN