Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanted to share some of the best comments made to me at this point in my lapband journey. I am an RN working on med/surg unit. One of the doctors who I haved worked with for several years called me, Skinny bitch"...lol... not in the derogatory way!He knew I had the lapband. Another physician kept asking me.. "was I feeling alright... had I been ill? When I explained about the surgery he was relieved because he thought I developed cancer. Another MD ,who I hadn't seen in a year circled me in the hallway before exclaiming "Judy?' By the way, I've got to end this post& head out to the mall need to buy some new jeans size 14... down from 24, in 81/2 months.

That is so awesome! Congrats to you!!!!!!

That is awesome isnt it?! I work a med/surg unit as well and someone who I haven't seen in a few weeks said "whats up thin mint?" That made me feel good because I cant see my weight loss unless I am looking at pics side by side.

Congrats, and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment!!

This is just great!!! I know your proud. I know I'm down from a size 16 to a size 4-6. So now everyone calls me Skinny Penny. I'm proud too.

I love it when someone sees you that hasn't seen you since you lost weight and they do a double-take! Makes me feel so good!

That's funny! I too am an RN but I work labor and delivery. All of my co-workers say I'm the skinny bitch of the crew now. lol Never thought I'd be happy to hear someone call me that.

That's funny! I too am an RN but I work labor and delivery. All of my co-workers say I'm the skinny bitch of the crew now. lol Never thought I'd be happy to hear someone call me that.

When I was your age, I was a labor-delivery nurse. I was only 150lbs.{6ft tall}. I think the profession contributed to the weight gain! I discovered on this forum,that many lapbanders are nurses & teachers! Something in our "make-up", too busy taking care of others, often neglecting our own needs.

When I first read the title, I must admit I skipped over it. But after reading your post I must say Congratulations, I am so happy for you and everyone that has lost the weight. I cant wait to lose this weight. laugh.gif

everyone tells me i'm getting "too skinny"... it's something i can't really wrap my mind around. i know it's possible but the thought of ME being skinny is very strange.

having my sister calling to ask if i have a dress she can borrow because we're now the same size is unbelievable. we haven't been the same size in over 20 years!

so... enjoy being the "skinny bitch"!!!

I believe that 100%. I've been a nurse now for >5 years. While I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the profession and wouldn't give it up for anything I've put on 40-50 pounds eating "fast foods" and eating on the run when patients need me on the floor. Not to mention the caffeine intake to stay energized on long night shifts.

When I was your age, I was a labor-delivery nurse. I was only 150lbs.{6ft tall}. I think the profession contributed to the weight gain! I discovered on this forum,that many lapbanders are nurses & teachers! Something in our "make-up", too busy taking care of others, often neglecting our own needs.

That's great. I am a labor nurse too. Ithink there are a lot of us nurses onthus forum. Funny! I was banded 5 weeks ago and am down 37 pounds and they are calling me droopy drawers because I refuse to buy new scrubs yet!

This thread has made me smile today! I understand "skinny bitch" as a term of endearment and I can't wait to be called one! This is the first thread I have read in any lap-band forum and all of the success stories that I see here have given me the motivation to eat my small lunch and do something non-food related with the rest of my lunch break!

YAY for support! I'm am in industrial sales and am seated using my brain most of the day......This job is one of the contributing factors to my gaining 100 lbs over the past 8 years (since college). Thanks for the encouragement!

This post just made me not only smile but also made me tear up a little. I can't wait for that moment. Everything that has happened in my LapBand journey up til now has seemed fruitless but now I'm 30 days pre-op and reading everyone's stories, frustrations, support and love has made me emotional and very excited! Congrats everyone...hopefully soon I will be a "skinny bitch" with you!!!

i started to skip this one because of the language title too.but i too am a RN.i have had people take a double look who havent seen me in a while.and others tell me i am abou to disappear.i have gone from a size20/22 to a size 8/10.but i am no where near my goal.my internal medicine md is pleased with my wt loss.i have offically been off my diabetic meds for a year,and unoffically for 2 years.because i was on them prn.maybe having to take a tablet once a week.my goal is 50 more lbs.and to keep them off.pray with me and for me as i pray and hope for all who take this journey.now one of my favorite shows is the biggest loser a show that i used to not even glance at lol.