Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I must be in the middle of it. I feel like nothing has changed. I am definitely eating reasonable portions, small even, but when I stop eating, I feel like I could, and want to eat more. I hear this will change after fills, but what if it doesn't? If not I have to honestly say I think I will fail at this. Part of me can't comprehend how that could possibly be, but right now it doesn't seem the band is doing anything to help weight loss. *Sigh*

I must be in the middle of it. I feel like nothing has changed. I am definitely eating reasonable portions, small even, but when I stop eating, I feel like I could, and want to eat more. I hear this will change after fills, but what if it doesn't? If not I have to honestly say I think I will fail at this. Part of me can't comprehend how that could possibly be, but right now it doesn't seem the band is doing anything to help weight loss. *Sigh*

I felt the same until recently. I have had 4 fills now and I can feel a difference at last. Just be patient, slow and easy is the best way.

What is different for you now? Do you get full quicker?

I felt the same until recently. I have had 4 fills now and I can feel a difference at last. Just be patient, slow and easy is the best way.

Yea, it sounds dumb, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel like haha. I haven't had my fill yet, I do get full off smaller portions, but yea I'm not sure what my body will feel like after a fill will I just be full with less?

I guess maybe I thought it would feel REALLY obviously that I had something in me.

I've had 5 fills and now have 9.4 CC's; and am now just starting to get restriction. I don't know if I would say I get full "faster" bacause when I'm at home I have been weighing my Protein for 5 months. When the food is gone I stop eating. So I wouldn't say faster; but that after I finishe eating a few minutes later I no longer feel hungry.

Yes, until you have restriction your body see's no difference between now and before surgery. It's like your TV not working when you have no electricity. Eating less food is going to be completely on you until restriction. For me that was 4.5 months. Not trying to be discouraging; just want to give my experience. I had this fantasy that I would start getting restriction afte the first fill so yes I was disappointed.

I felt the same way i week ago, i had my surgery in august and hadnt lost any weight, but i recently got my third fill and im definitely restriction.Cant hardly get anything down where before i could get anything and everything.

U just feel full and if u eat another bite ull be sick(this is where iam learning not to over eat).I am feeling satisfied and no hungry what so ever, before this fill i thought i was failing and that i would never lose the weight.i have lost 4 kgs (8.8lbs) in a week and a half.Hang in there it will be better.

yes i agree totally !! I have had three fills and i still feel that i could eat more !!!

I too am in banders Hell !!! I can still eat everything but i watch everything and i eat mostly

protien !! I go for another fill feb 18 th !!! I have lost 45 lbs since surgery wich was aug 16th

bu i am at a slight platau so i am toooo getting a little upset !! I feel like it is not working

or it may just be

susan

You will get to the point of not being able to eat as much...It took me about 3 fills..everyone is different but I was exactly where you were when I was in bandster hell which pretty much lasted from 1 week after surgery ( august 7th) through October. I still managed to lose weight because I was working out and watching what I eat but I didnt even feel like I had the band and that I was doing it all by myself..I was soooooo frustrated...You just have to take it day by day and take this time to learn and try the band rules and change your eating and working out habits...befor you know it you will be getting your fills and starting to get restriction!!

Just because I COULD eat more doesn't mean I SHOULD eat more. I also have to really think about whether it is stomach hunger or head hunger. I read somewhere the other day that "If HUNGER is not the problem, food is not the solution."