Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im a therapist in a residential facility and the problem with being a therapist in a residential facility while you are on a two week liquid diet is that there is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS food AROUND!!!!

This is killing me! Especially when I know that tonight they have one of my most favorite dinners! And I'm so used to eating what the clients eat. And lets not even START with all the carby/sweety/junky/snacky foods that are just always on hand! I'm going to try to not even go into the kitchen while dinner is still out. If I go in there, I AM coming back to the office with something to eat. Its not even a question!

Ack! I hate everything!

okay, vent over. anyone else have issues with food at work?

Yup....I work @ a police department and the possibilities are endless! They are constantly ordering out, fast food, donuts,cakes and Cookies being brought in philly pretzle factory and boost slushies! Its been sooo hard especially since I have to lose 10lbs before pre op. Aaaaaahhhhhh!

Well I am post op but I can tell you in the Drs office I work there is always a ton of candy for everyone. There is a vase, jar, candy dish sitting in every single corner of that big office. I buy sugar free and keep in my desk. We use to get catered lunch every single day by the drug reps but the government stopped that by saying the drug reps are buying the doctors but that is a good thing even though I would usually eat the salad. But candy galore every inch of the office, brought in by everyone it sucks royally but will power. Some days when it is busy there is no time to eat it so that is a plus.

so, the clients have cleaned up dinner (although some ordered pizza delivered!) and i am finally free! lmao! that was a BRUTAL internal struggle! I ended up making phone calls and drinking a shake and keeping my behind at this desk until i was sure they were done!

Good Job Maybe! I only hope I am as strong as you when my time comes for that unsure.gif

I think Dr's offices are the worst! Take a look around and see how many overweight healthcare workers there are! That's where I gained most of my weight--working with docs. Constant food days, going out to lunch, Snacks, etc. Most of the office staff were overweight!!!

My job always has a pitch in for something! Thursday it was my bosses last day..no he's not leaving the company, just changing shifts! We're going to see him, maybe every night, we just won't be reporting to him. We Celebrate Tuesdays, or the birth of a child, nice weather or whatever...doesn't matter, we always have food. And if we don't, you can best bet another group does!

It's just neverending! Because people actually live here, there is always food around! Its a compulsive snacker's nightmare....or dream, I suppose! And then the staff or the clients order take out. And then the staff is constantly baking and bringing things in. just brutal.

It's just neverending! Because people actually live here, there is always food around! Its a compulsive snacker's nightmare....or dream, I suppose! And then the staff or the clients order take out. And then the staff is constantly baking and bringing things in. just brutal.

I feel for you. I worked in a hospital x-ray department and there was ALWAYS food and on special occaisons department feasts to rival the food orgies of Baccus (without the wine, of course) You did the only thing you could, distance yourself from the temptation. Good for you...I may have caved in if something I really liked was on the table and just have taken a nibble here and there. :lol:

food will be around us for the rest of our lives. We just have to learn to live with it and make smart choices.

That must be so hard! Some piece of advice my mom gave me was when you're in that situation to tell yourself, "I can eat that food. I choose not to." Sounds kinda lame but it has helped me a time or two in the past week. :)

Ok so where I work they are always feeding you LOL. candy, potluck, bagel for Breakfast, donuts, ect. I'm found out from my psych eval that I'm a visual cue eater so this is very hard for me. Just hang in there it is mind over matter.

That must be so hard! Some piece of advice my mom gave me was when you're in that situation to tell yourself, "I can eat that food. I choose not to." Sounds kinda lame but it has helped me a time or two in the past week. :)

No, your mom is definitely right! Framing is everything! Sometimes though, the smells are just overwhelming! I just have to leave the room at times.

Ok so where I work they are always feeding you LOL. candy, potluck, bagel for breakfast, donuts, ect. I'm found out from my psych eval that I'm a visual cue eater so this is very hard for me. Just hang in there it is mind over matter.

oh amanda, that sucks! I think I'm more smell oriented than anything. I'm almost hoping to catch a cold when it's time to return toWork! Lol