Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50lbs down!! 1st Goal !!

@RK...I have a total of 7ccs in my band now with some restriction but not at my sweet spot yet. with 5cc's I hardley had any restriction at all. I ended up just doing Weight watchers for a while in order to keep from over eating. I was mad when i had to do that cause I thought I got dooped with this whole lapband thing, I was selfpay too so I was freaking that I just threw away 15 grand just to end up doing what I have always done. but I put it in perspective and realized I was still doing better than I did when I was dieting before the band and I had to get restriction at some point. I know everyone is different but my dr told me most people start feeling restriction at 7cc's.in an 11cc band. I had times of being very frustrated during these 5 months...especially before I got my 3rd fill. I get my 4th fill on tuesday and I am really hoping this will be my last for a while but for me the fills last a wee or 2 than I can eat more again. I still cant eat as much as I could before the band..I use to throw down at a chinese buffet..lol...it will come...you just have to trust that it will and before you know it you will have restriction and look back at this struggle and think of how far you came:)

Thank you SO much, Nicole. You have no idea how much I relate (I was just thinking - wow, I through 15 grand down the drain and am facing the same exact battle as before). I'm working hard at dieting, but am hungry all the time. Next fill is tomorrow, so...until then - thank you for the encouragement, it means so much. cool.gif

@RK...I have a total of 7ccs in my band now with some restriction but not at my sweet spot yet. with 5cc's I hardley had any restriction at all. I ended up just doing Weight watchers for a while in order to keep from over eating. I was mad when i had to do that cause I thought I got dooped with this whole lapband thing, I was selfpay too so I was freaking that I just threw away 15 grand just to end up doing what I have always done. but I put it in perspective and realized I was still doing better than I did when I was dieting before the band and I had to get restriction at some point. I know everyone is different but my dr told me most people start feeling restriction at 7cc's.in an 11cc band. I had times of being very frustrated during these 5 months...especially before I got my 3rd fill. I get my 4th fill on tuesday and I am really hoping this will be my last for a while but for me the fills last a wee or 2 than I can eat more again. I still cant eat as much as I could before the band..I use to throw down at a chinese buffet..lol...it will come...you just have to trust that it will and before you know it you will have restriction and look back at this struggle and think of how far you came:)

You look GREAT!!!! Congrats on the weight loss!

CONGRATS! You have done an amazing job! I unfortunately am feeling a little down as I was banded on 9-10-10 and have only lost 24 pounds and nothing lost at all since 12-4-10. My third fill is 2-24-11 and I hope it helps. Anyway I love seeing these great posts and your blog is awesome, I appreciate the time you put into it! Your gorgeous so I too would have walked right up to your ex to show him what he is missin!!! :P

@extra....try not to get down...its actually a harder process than I think most people realize...I am not sure what all you are doing to lose but I had to exercise and really be anal about my eating during the first few months ....I lost alot of my weight right out of the gate than it slowed down..it feels really slow to me now....try to keep postive..you only have had 2 fills and I didnt have restriction at 2 fills....you will start feeling it soon...good luck on your 3rd fill! I have my 4th tomorrow .

Wow this is very good info very inspiring!! I get the band on the 14th and I'm loving all the success storys... Hope I will be able to be this inspiring for someone else. You look great keep up the great work!!

My first big goal was to lose 50lbs and I got there!! It felt like it took forever..but so glad that I did it! I feel so much better than I did 5 months ago. It hasnt been as easy as I thought it would be and I struggled through bandster hell but after 3 fills, 3x a week work oust and watching what I eat I think Im finally getting the hang of this lapband thing......for those of you just beginning and struggling..hand tough and keep your head up...the first few months for me was tough but patience, persistance and positive thinking and a little help from this great website ;) will get your to where you want to be! I am about half way to my weight loss goal so I am still in the game but it feels good to hit this weight loss!! I couldnt figure out how to post pictures on here so I just posted the before & after on my blog if you would like to see the difference 50lbs makes!!

Before-302lbs July 30th 2010

After -251 lbs Jan. 5th 2010

You are an inspiration... i'm trudging along and the weight loss is slow.. i get my 2nd fill in 2 weeks and I can't wait.. i'm just ready to hit that sweet spot.

Great job; you look fabulous!!

Hi Extraonme - Just want to shout out support. I am NOWHERE near my goal. I was banded at the beginning of december, gained some weight during the holidays :( and now am back on track. I just had another fill. I've only lost about 20 lbs. Fingers crossed--hang in there --- you're great for doing this. We all struggle and from what I've been told once the fills are at the proper place, it gets easier :)

CONGRATS! You have done an amazing job! I unfortunately am feeling a little down as I was banded on 9-10-10 and have only lost 24 pounds and nothing lost at all since 12-4-10. My third fill is 2-24-11 and I hope it helps. Anyway I love seeing these great posts and your blog is awesome, I appreciate the time you put into it! Your gorgeous so I too would have walked right up to your ex to show him what he is missin!!! :P

Congratulations!

@extra....try not to get down...its actually a harder process than I think most people realize...I am not sure what all you are doing to lose but I had to exercise and really be anal about my eating during the first few months ....I lost alot of my weight right out of the gate than it slowed down..it feels really slow to me now....try to keep postive..you only have had 2 fills and I didnt have restriction at 2 fills....you will start feeling it soon...good luck on your 3rd fill! I have my 4th tomorrow .

Hi Extraonme - Just want to shout out support. I am NOWHERE near my goal. I was banded at the beginning of december, gained some weight during the holidays :( and now am back on track. I just had another fill. I've only lost about 20 lbs. Fingers crossed--hang in there --- you're great for doing this. We all struggle and from what I've been told once the fills are at the proper place, it gets easier :)

Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice and support! I need to stay focused so I too can reach 50 one day :D I am so impatient! If anything this is teaching me to take my time in every way imaginable :blink:

Oh I was impatient too! than all the sudden (even thought it didnt feel like that during the wait) I was down 50lbs..Itook it day by day....literally..If I didnt I would of drove myself crazy!!!

Girl I am totally on your page.....working my butt literally off! It is very hard work, but my mom waves at me every time I go out to jog (are you listening?) So far I'm at 10 pounds a month........Plus I get to have my cocktail hour....."GOD bless the "lap-band" " !

Oh I was impatient too! than all the sudden (even thought it didnt feel like that during the wait) I was down 50lbs..Itook it day by day....literally..If I didnt I would of drove myself crazy!!!