Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow!

Had mine Tuesday before last, waiting to go to surgery was the worst part. My dr did not require pre-op diet. I was a self-payer who went to Mexico. Happy New Year and good luck to the both of us.

I guess the bright side is I will be able to eat the yearly black-eyed peas for good luck on new year's day.

Vanessa

hey to those who are about to be banded ...good luck...u guys are gonna do great, today is one week banded for me and I feel alot better already...I also lost 8.5 lbs so yay :)

I am new to this site, and this is my first post. I had my surgery yesterday, and still feel really tired from anesthesia and pain to the incisional sites when I move. I'm on Clear Liquids for 2 days then advance to full liquids. I'm just now feeling hunger, but I'm scared to drink too much because I don't want to vomit or stretch out the pouch. This is still so new, but I'm excited about my new journey

Hi,

I was banded the 29th of December and I had to do a liver shrinking diet over the holidays too but mine was not liquid. My diet consisted of very lean Proteins two vegies and 2 fruits. It's interesting how each protocol is different. I can't believe how after surgery I don't even really feel hungry. We even still have Christmas goodies around that nobody has eaten and it doesn't even bug me to see them. How funny, my husband just threw them out as I was typing this. It kinda bugs me to see them thrown out but I guess it's for the best. Who knows how long I will feel like Not eating them. Either way I love the feeling of not craving them even when they are right under my nose. I don't ever remember not being hungry!

I am new to this site, and this is my first post. I had my surgery yesterday, and still feel really tired from anesthesia and pain to the incisional sites when I move. I'm on Clear liquids for 2 days then advance to full liquids. I'm just now feeling hunger, but I'm scared to drink too much because I don't want to vomit or stretch out the pouch. This is still so new, but I'm excited about my new journey

Congratulations!! What a way to start a new year!! I'm not even scheduled for the information day until the 13th but reading everyone's post has me so excited!! I have tried so many things and I really hope and pray that this will be the answer to helping me find the thinner person I was. Weight has been something to hide behind for so many years - not quilte sure at this age, what I will do with a new me, but if it makes my time longer to spend with my husband and family - then it will have been worth it all!!

Good luck and best wishes for the best year in 2011

God bless,

Jaleena

That's the main reason I did thus! To be healthier and ultimately have more time on this earth with my husband and daughters! Good luck to you too! Keep us updated!

congrats! good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery :-)

I myself am new to this forum. I was banded 11\4\10 and have lost 22 pounds. I just wanted to be healthier and here longer for my husband and two girls as well. I am feeling better about myself and see a difference, just want faster results. My Dr. is not about the liq diets and such, says that is not how I will live normaly and wants me to get used to making better choices for my life. I am forced to now, but I still have cravings and such , just getting better about itt..slowly! I have 50 pounds to go to reach my goal and I can not even imagine being there after so many years of being overweight! but here we go and I am very excited! I think being on this site will help when I have questions and concerns too...We do not have any support groups here were I am from...YET!

That's the main reason I did thus! To be healthier and ultimately have more time on this earth with my husband and daughters! Good luck to you too! Keep us updated!

I am 6 days post op and feeling great! I have lost 22 lbs which is just amazing and so exciting when I step on the scale. (The loss includes what I lost on the pre-op diet as well.) I am feeling great about what the new year will hold for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all you new banders out there!