Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein

I have to get in my Protein and I hate the whey powdered stuff to add to Water. To me it tastes and smells funky. I ran upon Isopure 40g Protein Drink. and it tastes good. Alot of calories, but alot of protein. Does anyone know if this is an acceptable way of getting protein. Does anyone have any other suggestions that taste good. Thanks

I drink those. It really doesn't have many calories at all. 160 for the whole bottle and zero carb as well. I think this is the best Protein drink. They handed it to me when I left the hospital, plus it is a clear Protein so you can drink it even when you are sick, or going in for a check up or fill.

I get a variety case of 12 bottles from GNC for $50. If anyone knows a cheaper way to get them, that would be cool.

You might check the prices at netrition.com they do charge for shipping, but it is a flat rate.. order 1 or order 20,... same charge.

I have to get in my Protein and I hate the whey powdered stuff to add to Water. To me it tastes and smells funky. I ran upon Isopure 40g Protein Drink. and it tastes good. Alot of calories, but alot of Protein. Does anyone know if this is an acceptable way of getting protein. Does anyone have any other suggestions that taste good. Thanks

The Isopure is what they had me drinking the 1st week after my surgery while I was on the clear liquid diet.

The Isopure is what they had me drinking the 1st week after my surgery while I was on the clear liquid diet.

That's what they gave me in the hospital too. I had bought the variety pack prior to surgery... problem for me was I HATED it. I was only able to stomach the grape and green (i dont remember the flavor) ones. I had the hardest time getting protien in the beginning. While you are on your clear liquid diet, you don't even have to worry about the calories, because you're not getting many as is. I know I did the happy dance once I could move to soft foods for Protein.

I drink the Isopure flavoreds, a half a bottle to a bottle a day. I was just banded on Monday and discovered afterwards I really was starting to get tired of the Protein shakes :( I had tried the grape Isopure prior to surgery and liked it so I bought the alpine punch and the orange as well. I sip it over the course of an hour or two. Nice alternative right now to just Protein powder!

Yeah, Patrice I can relate I'm having difficulty getting all the protein in on this liquid stage, but I too will be singing Hallelujahs coming next week when I start on purees :P

I love the Isopure ... my favorite flavor is the (pineapple, orange, banana). I hated the green apple ... but liked the orange and grape.

I am at 2 weeks today so I can progress to the mushies and I still have 4 bottles of Isopure left which I plan to drink to help make sure I can meet my Protein for the next few days. I returned the 2 green apple drinks I had from my case and bought me some GNC multi-Vitamins which I hope I like better than the one a day's.