Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

I find that weighing myself everyday was not good for me....however, I know several people who do weigh in daily, and they are fine. I jump on the scale on the 19th of the month, and track from there, since the 19th is the day of the month I had my surgery.

I find that weighing myself everyday was not good for me....however, I know several people who do weigh in daily, and they are fine. I jump on the scale on the 19th of the month, and track from there, since the 19th is the day of the month I had my surgery.

Looks like it's working for you!

Since I began with preop Ive tried to just stick with once a week. I was banded on 10/28 and just weighed myself today. I don't have a scale at home but have one in my office. Today was my first day back at work so I weighed. But I weighed myself at least twice today. Think it's because I couldn't believe my eyes. lol. Anyway, I'd like to stick with once a week because I tend to get down if I do it more often, but we'll see.

I also weigh myself everyday, mostly to keep me on track and also because it is so exciting to actually see my weight keep going down. I have been stuck the last couple of weeks but I love seeing the number that is on the scale, its been way to long since I have seen a number like that with me on the scale! I love my band! :frown:

Im one of those once a day, or once every other day people, but I usually record it maybe once or twice a week. Ive taken what my surgeon said in stride (you'll flux 3lbs over and thats normal) so I like to see if Im consistant, or if that 3lbs is a flux. It hasnt sent me into a spiriling eating disorder yet, so Im gonna go with it for now :thumbup:

I weight myself every day. Sometimes i do not feel like I am loosing at all when I miss a day or two. Then I get on the scale and it is a great surprise - I loose pound by pound. Sometimes I stay on the same number for a couple of days which does make me feel like I am doing something wrong and I know that is not the case but eventually my numbers go down.

So, every day...

I weight myself almost daily, but I don't record it until I have a "for sure" weight loss. I need to see the same number at least 2 days in a row before I believe it!

I try to weigh myself every Friday since that was the day I was banded. If I do it too much then I get discouraged and it's too easy for me to start starving myself (recovering anorexic--I know it's weird that I went the completely opposite way!)

I weigh just about every morning, first thing. Use the bathroom, weigh, brush my teeth, that's my routine.

But, I don't record my weighs at home. Only the ones at my surgeons office. I'm sure that will change once I start going less, but right now I'm going once a month, so it works.

I've decided to no longer weigh myself everyday. I'm getting discouraged now that I'm in a plateau stage again. I also stopped using fitday, which was a big no-no on my part.

Everyday! Addicted to my scale!

I weigh daily. I can't stand not knowing. It helps keep me focused. Before I was banded I avoided the scale for months because I didn't want to see what it had to say. I am always motivated to weigh when I know that I've been good ;)