Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

I weigh myself everyday to keep myself on track, but only count Saturdays.

Every morning in my birthday suit after I've scratched and drained and prior to jumping in the shower before heading to work. It keeps me focused for the day.

I know it sounds crazy but I don't own a scale, so I only weight in @ the doctor's office once a month. I can be pretty obsessive with the scale so I never bought one post op and I threw my previous one out when I was almost 300lbs.:sneaky:

Everyday...and lately it's ticking me off! I haven't seen a loss in 10 days...very discouraging since I eat around 1100 calories a day (never more than 1200) and exercise 3 days a week. Come on, scale....MOVE!!!

I weigh myself everyday and I also record it on paper. I've been doing this since May 1st, 2010, which was when I started my preop diet. 99.8% it doesn't effect me negatively, it actually helps me look at weight loss or gain very objectively - in fact I feel like this is an "experiment" (the weight record, not my band journey). Whenever I go up in weight it's either because my body is doing it's own adjustments (wheich is the most common), I've been not adhereing to my diet and or workouts (then I know to get my act together), or I've been too stressed and I need to relax or reevaluate my behaviors...

I weigh myself everyday and write the number on my calendar. I feel it helps me keep on track.

I weigh at the beginning of the week. If I don't have an appointment with my surgeon I go to my primary care doc's office and weigh there. If I do have an appointment later in the week then I weigh twice that week.

I know this is crazy but I weigh multiple times a day. i even keep my scale in the entry way into my kitchen. Stepping over the scale to get to the fridge helps me. this has been a habit for me even before the band when i was losing weight. It helps me keep myself in check, especially now. I know that even when the scale moves throughout the day its bceause of normal stuff. It reminds me that I have a goal. It also helps me with..Am I really hungry?

A friend told me that if she weighs herself everyday she gets discouraged. I do it everyday and I sort of feel like that - but in the end, I've stuck to my diet (most of the time) and am doing pretty well.

So how often do you weigh yourself, and is there a reason behind it?

:thumbup:

I weigh myself about 10 times a day. I know you shouldn't, but I can't help it.

Bah. It's cool..

Seems like most people do it, including me :thumbup:

I weigh daily because for me losing is like winning the lottery - and if you don't play, you can't win!:wink2:

Daily for me too. I don't put a lot of emphasis on it, but it keeps me honest.

I officially weigh in at my Weight Watchers meeting once weekly. I also weigh myself at home each morning. I know that daily weight fluctuations aren't something to get overly concerned about, but it's interesting to me to see how different foods affect daily weight changes and Water retention.

I weigh every few days, I hit a platue after loosing 30 pounds that lasted over two weeks....I just got discouraged. Then after not weighing for a couple of days, I stepped on and sha-zam! Down four pounds. Soooo now It is every few days. Sometimes I can feel it, that I'm a little lighter...and that is when I'll weigh!:)

I am a self confessed every day weigher. I think it keeps me more accountable. If I gain an pound or two, then I know to make smarter choices the next day. Add more protien.