Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This band is going to cost us a fortune...

GoodWill!!!!!!!! I'm not buying "real" clothes until I'm close to goal!!! I buy my black work slacks at Good Will because I know I won't be wearing them long!!!!!!! Of course, I just bought some skinny jeans because the style of jeans at Good Will are stuck in the 60s I think lol....

I really need to clean off my work area and drag my sewing machine out and start running some seams up on some of my clothes.

Have ya'll thought about taking some of your good things..I wouldn't bother with cheap stuff.. to someone who does alterations?

Hmmm maybe there's a niche job.. or at least a way to bring in a little extra.. doing alterations for the WLS crowd. :w00t:

I recently asked my mom about alterations and whether she knew anyone. I have a lot of business attire work shirts that I would prefer to alter, depending on the cost of course!

I'm going to look into it!

Ladies...

I know the feeling...I am also at the point where I stand in front of my closet every day before work and wonder what the hell Im gonna wear because all my pants are to baggy....This is so frustrating....but on the other hand I should be happy to be having this problem...However...as you all mentioned it is SUPER expensive to replace and entire wardrobe.... especially since we are continuing to loose weight rapidly...I would love to know if anyone lives close to me...It would be nice to meet some ladies and do a clothing swape...What do you think? Im in Virginia...

I am loving this thread! It is an embarassment of riches. We all deserve the new clothes (and accessories)!!

Today, I tried something else new and expensive. I went to a Spa for the first time. I don't think I'd have done that before the weight loss. I would have been too worried that the robes won't fit or the massage table would be too small....but, let me tell you, it was great! If anyone's looking for a nice way to reward yourself, it's a great change from simply shopping. ......Of course, you will still want to go shopping before and after.....

Cindy

I just got rid of the first of my "too big clothes". Donated them to a local charity. It felt sooo good. I'm only down 38lbs but decided I would get rid of each size as I shrink out of it. I too have lots of different sized clothes so won't need to go shopping for awhile. I can't wait but will probably shop in second hand stores until I get down to that size 10 I'm dreaming of.

I am so broke now and need new clothes so badly. My HS students started making remarks that I need some "new sexy jeans", and I should get my belly button pierced. (not likely) LOL

I did the Bracelet thing too. When I hit 50 lbs. I bought a Pandora bracelet and promised myself a charm for each 10. I owe myself 1 charm.

Need Lotto or a rich man. LOL

I did the Bracelet thing too. When I hit 50 lbs. I bought a Pandora bracelet and promised myself a charm for each 10. I owe myself 1 charm.

Whats a Pandora bracelet? what kind of charms do you plan on putting on them? I wanted to do something like that was thinking of a tatoo but I dont like them so why bother with that? I want something to show/remind me of the weight I have lost.

This is a great thread! I put on my new smaller clothes tonight and took the kids to a school event. I got so many great compliments!

Congrats on your weight loss!! That is truly wonderful. I was banded on 7.21.10, so about 3 months in and have lost 33.5 lbs. For the last 6 weeks or so am just bouncing up and down 2 or 3 lbs and it is so frustrating. I work out every day and eat right. Any advice to get it moving again? Thanks Kim

It is a charm Bracelet that has many, many types of charms. The charms screw onto the bracelet instead of dangle. Though they do have some dangling ones. Right now I have a heart and 2 birthstone charms:Mine and my boyfriend's. I have my eye on a book charm (English Teacher :) and there is an adorable ghost too. If you google it, you can see all the charms. the website Eve's Addiction has good knock offs too.

It is a charm Bracelet that has many, many types of charms. The charms screw onto the bracelet instead of dangle. Though they do have some dangling ones. Right now I have a heart and 2 birthstone charms:Mine and my boyfriend's. I have my eye on a book charm (English Teacher :thumbup: and there is an adorable ghost too. If you google it, you can see all the charms. the website Eve's Addiction has good knock offs too.

Thanks for the update... I did some research on the Pandora bracelet WOW they will cost a fortune! I have decided to create my own I have been watching a lot of You Tube and saw many different kinds from the made from scratch kind to already made..Since I am dedicated to losing this weight for good I'm gonna make one from scratch (make my own chain) it ought to be fun...That way it wont cost me so much in the long run and it will be a wonderful reminder of how far I have come from the start of my journey! :)

That is a great idea. I know the Pandora charms can be quite expensive. I stay away from those. LOL

I wish I were more crafty.