Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What appliance will you use to make your shakes??

I have a blender, but was sondering if I am better off with one of those Magic Bullet type blenders.

I did buy mostly RTD shakes, but will have to liquefy Soups and other foods druing the first few weeks.

What do you plan to use?

I bought a Magic Bullet at costco for less than $50 that has a bunch of extra things in the box. Still learning about it, but I'm impressed with what it does, and how easy it is to use. I expect it'll suit my needs just fine.

Dave

I have a blender, but was sondering if I am better off with one of those Magic Bullet type blenders.

I did buy mostly RTD shakes, but will have to liquefy Soups and other foods druing the first few weeks.

What do you plan to use?

For my shakes I use a shaker from GNC. This shaker has a metal whisk like ball in the bottom..I use a blender for all other things.

I use a spoon for my shakes so that I dont add any excess air. I use the powdered Unjury chocolate splendour. For other foods, I was pleasantly surprized to find that my Ultimate Chopper purees perfectly and it's a nice, small size!!

Glad you are planning ahead :)

hiddn

I have a Vitamix and a Cuisinart stick blender. The stick blender is so easy to use.

You shouldnt make your shakes with a blender or appliance because it increases the air and takes away from the Protein Shake so says the bariatric store. Look up the store online at before and after eating and call them they can tell you all you need to know. I never used anything. I just ate normal once the liquid phase was over but just small bites and chewed well. Nothing ever got stuck.

I use a $1.99 shaker cup.

Pour in the powder, fill with Water and some crushed ice. Then shake like Hell.

I use a stick blender. It does "fluff" it up a bit too much with air, which I don't like. However, the shaker doesn't seem to blend enough for my taste. I find that the shake is still "gritty."

I look forward to hearing other suggestions. :)

I use three things... blender ball bottle (with the whisk ball thingy), regular blender, and magic bullet. I've had the blender and magic bullet for a few years now and my sister bought me the bb bottle. Honestly I like all three. It seems the magic bullet and regular blender give it more of a frothy shake texture, where the bottle is more of a drink mix. I use a variety of Protein powders and usually mix them with skim milk or almond milk. :)

I have a Vitamix which I had before I ever seriously considered surgery so I use that and i love it.

Thought about buying a Magic Bullet but my surgeon said to stop drinking my Protein . They want me to eat my Protein so I'm on that right now.

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know of a good blender, hand/immersion blender, or gadget that will crush ice?

I went for the Ninja. i ordered it this morning. I did a lot ot research and it got great reviews. Hoping it does the trick for me!

I went for the Ninja. i ordered it this morning. I did a lot ot research and it got great reviews. Hoping it does the trick for me!

Topazz you will like it--- my son went out to Target and bought me one about a month ago when I told him I was going to need something before surgery. It was so nice of him, of coarse he uses it to make milk shakes. I have made a few unjury shake , I let it set for a few minutes after so not so fluffy.

Thanks poppies!! I appreciate the feeback!!

I have a personal size blender from Hamilton Beach $15 at Target and Walmart. Works great on ice. FYI my doctor never said I could not use a blender to make shakes. I also have a stick blender (bought at Walmart) that I used on Chobani Greek yoghurt during the mushie stage to mince the fruit.< /p>