Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Work out support thread, September Sweetie and Stud.

Thanks guys for the exercise hints. Can't wait for my pants to fall off, WOW that would be awesome, as long I wasn't at work. Ok, will find a good TV show to put on, and do it -or bust!!

Cause of my work I walk for about 1 1/2 hours a day do I guess thats my workout for now. I was banded 9/8/10 and go in for my first fill next Thursday :0). I hope my Doc gives me the ok to start hitting the gym cause my belly is starting to sag and im not licking it

I am doing the C25K program on Iphone and plan on running for 1st time in my life a 5k after thanksgiving.

Please keep us posted on your progress and success. I am considering doing C25k when I get approval to do more strenuous workouts...my appointment and probably first fill is Tue 10/19. Banded 9/17/10.

I did my first post-op hike last Sunday. I was pooped at the one hour mark, but it was hot that day.

I'm back up to 3.5 mph and 2% on the treadmill. I do a few 3-4 minute commercial breaks at 5%. Hopefully next week I can add resistance training.

Please keep us posted on your progress and success. I am considering doing C25k when I get approval to do more strenuous workouts...my appointment and probably first fill is Tue 10/19. Banded 9/17/10.

I did my first post-op hike last Sunday. I was pooped at the one hour mark, but it was hot that day.

I'm back up to 3.5 mph and 2% on the treadmill. I do a few 3-4 minute commercial breaks at 5%. Hopefully next week I can add resistance training.

Great idea to raise the incline during the commercials!

I was horrible this week-- didn't work out a single time.

Not once.

I'm shooting for doing 30 minutes on my treadmill every day this week. I think aiming specifically for 5 out of 7 days gives me too much permission to "use" the off days early and then never get started.

I was horrible this week-- didn't work out a single time.

Not once.

I'm shooting for doing 30 minutes on my treadmill every day this week. I think aiming specifically for 5 out of 7 days gives me too much permission to "use" the off days early and then never get started.

That's OK, GF!!. I have not worked out in three days. I have pain shooting down the front of my leg, it's hard to even walk. Let's both of us start again tomorrow, ok, baby steps. If we don't I will make you lift up my kitty!!!!

Rambunctious I was banded day before you. Doc said exercise and he didn't say I couldn't. U would like program. It doesn't just throw u out there. It's 2 wks of jogging 90 sec intervals with 2 min of power walking. Starting wk 3 next wk and jogging intervals will increase. My fill on 28th and I need it! I can drink and eat anything like befire banding and that's not cool

Ok so I did 5 miles this week, and todays mile was up tto 3mph and I took the hills I have been avoiding. Next week Im focusing on speed too, and still shooting for the 7 miles per week by thanksgiving. I'm hoping to be up to 3.5mph, plus I havent been back to yoga, a gal banded 10 days before me irritated her port doing yoga, so I'm waiting to get back in. I'll go slow with just some key stretches.

solid food tomorrow. scared to death, I had an allergic reaction yesterday, or something and puked, terrible.

I did nor work out at all this weekend, I will be doing better next week.

oh yeah NY- so I saw this study that analyzed a group of hotel maids, their actions, their calories burned, their body mass. they all did a lot of physical work in their jobs, and the group that had it explained how physical their job was, and how like a work it was, started to lose weight. By realizing how your job walking is a workout, and doing it with that in mind, you can increase your bodys use of calories.

I sit at a desk.

Well today is my day one for picking up the pace and doing my old route with hills.

I did my mile with my gps and was averaging 3.1 mph and actually did 1.1 miles.

Rambunctious I was banded day before you. Doc said exercise and he didn't say I couldn't. My fill on 28th and I need it! I can drink and eat anything like befire banding and that's not cool

Mine limited abdominal, lifting and impact exercise to prevent slipping the band, tearing the stitches in my stomach that hold the band, tearing the stitches to repair a large hiatal hernia and to allow the port to adhere to my abdominal muscles (it is not stiched to me, instead it is stitched to a surgical mesh onto which my body is building scar tissue). I should get my release tomorrow.

Now I'm debating whether to start Power 90 or C25k. I'm thinking I'll start Power 90 and have C25k lag about a month.

And I know what you mean about the eating. I'm somewhat restricted, but dang am I getting hungry and I can eat more now than a week ago.

Well today is my day one for picking up the pace and doing my old route with hills.

I did my mile with my gps and was averaging 3.1 mph and actually did 1.1 miles.

WooHoo!! Keep up the good work.

Today I did my work out 30mins on thread mill and 10mins on bike.

I hope I didnt mess up anything running. I hear P90X is a beast. Im no gonna mess with that yet. I am still jogging with C25K and be picking up pace even more. I am nervous about port since I dont feel it as much as I did on touching my stomach 2 wks ago. Cant wait till next Thurs for my fill.