Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Work out support thread, September Sweetie and Stud.

LisaA thanks for starting this thread! I started walking right away after my surgery, 9/20, because I didn't want to lose the momentum I gained the month prior to surgery. At my post op check up last week I got the ok to go back to my normal 45 minutes on the elliptical, but still have to wait a few weeks to add weights back in. I am working out about 5-6 days a week, 45 minutes of the elliptical usually gets me 3 miles and if I walk instead, I usually get about 2 miles in about 38 minutes. I can honestly say now that I miss my workouts the days I don't get them, but my trainer recommends one day of rest a week to let the muscles heal.

Hello September & Studs Sweeties,

Lisa; "sourmissg- walking the dog is a great way, better then the treadmill maybe cause you get fresh air and sun on your face ;-) is DH your partner or kid. Sorry if you've already said this before, my memory is still shot from the surgery I swear."

Yes DH is my husband he is so supportive. Today after my DR visit he said we have to buy you some more jeans the ones you wearing is to big, Bless his hard.

Today I walk the dogs with DH again, I was so light headed and tired. We walked a full city block, for a min there I was thinking I'm going to pass out.

At my Doctors visit he said now that I'm on pureed food that should help.

Did my Curves Smart workout today and walked 2 miles after. I actually jogged a little bit on the long stretches a few laps. Wow!

Keep up the good work, everyone! One foot in front of the other.

gracerev

Walked on the Treadmill for 15min, took a walk with DH and dogs also.

Wow, all of you are so totally great, I love hearing all this body movement.

I did my mile today a little faster then yesterday (2 days in a row! woot woot.)

Thanks everyone for the motivation. I was too tired to work out yesterday, but I didn't want to go two days inna row, so working out after I post this. It's still difficult to exercise as soon as I get out of bed. I don't sleep good yet. I fall asleep after work on the recliner, and wake up around 3:00 am, but when I get in the bed I toss and turn, some days feeling like I did not sleep at all. But maybe if I keep exercising, I will be able to sleep better. p.s. wonder why I don't get any notifcations of postings any longer. NE way, thanks guys!

I don't know about the notifications, I have trouble with that at times too and and sometimes it's better. Miss Joany it is so hard, especially if you aren't sleeping good, I wonder if you tried some mild sleep aid? even like valerian or passionflower help for some. - they are herbs that you can get in the tincture form at a health food store. I have a hard time making exorcise a priority. I've never had a hard time making eating a priority, but exercise forget about it. It's so hard to change that pattern for me. I don't work the odd hours and probably not as many hours as you, I know when I do that stuff my sleep is also affected. But for me, it's funny, when the kids are in bed I dont have trouble making time for TV. that is my problem, I wish my little house had room for a tread mill - but I wonder if it'd use it as good as all of you have been. But I think come winter I might use it more.

I did walk a mile today again, still very slow, speed will come later.

Good luck Miss Joany and everyone else.

Yesterday I did 20mins on the tread mill, 15mins on the bike,

went with Hubby to walk dogs and took dogs out to dog park

alone, I think I did to much.

This morning went with hubby to walk dogs.

I'm going to try tread mill this afternoon.

way to go sourmissg, I did not walk this morning, hope i do at lunch so I don't break my record

Thanks for starting this thread. I was banded 4 wks ago today on 9/16. I lost 15lbs 1st week after surgery. gained 31/2 lbs 2wiks after ago after starting on real food. I am doing the C25K program on Iphone and plan on running for 1st time in my life a 5k after thanksgiving. SO far I have lost 2 of the 3 1/2 lbs I gained. I am jooging/walking 3 days per week with the program and doing other cardio 2 days per week for 30min each work out. I lost 30lbs prior to surgery working diet, Zumba nd going to the gym. I cant wait to start strength training, but wanted to wait and ask Doc if I can lift weights and if so how much. 1st fill is on 10/28 and I am excited. I am hoping to be 15-20lbs lighter by Christmas. One thing I have learned in this journey so far that this is a full marathin and not a sprint! It took me a years and years to get as big as I was, so it wont come off overnight. look forwrd to corresponding with you all and supporting in this journey

I don't know about the notifications, I have trouble with that at times too and and sometimes it's better. Miss Joany it is so hard, especially if you aren't sleeping good, I wonder if you tried some mild sleep aid? even like valerian or passionflower help for some. - they are herbs that you can get in the tincture form at a health food store. I have a hard time making exorcise a priority. I've never had a hard time making eating a priority, but exercise forget about it. It's so hard to change that pattern for me. I don't work the odd hours and probably not as many hours as you, I know when I do that stuff my sleep is also affected. But for me, it's funny, when the kids are in bed I dont have trouble making time for TV. that is my problem, I wish my little house had room for a tread mill - but I wonder if it'd use it as good as all of you have been. But I think come winter I might use it more.

I did walk a mile today again, still very slow, speed will come later.

Good luck Miss Joany and everyone else.

Thanks for the encouragement. I woke up yesterday, and was just as tired as the day before, so it did not make a difference whether I worked out or not, so I worked out. Up to 16 mins. Well my treadmill is right in the middle of the living room, not too attractive, but it does fold up. Kitties just love to sleep on it (go figure). I worked out because of you guys!! Today is my day off, so running around, and yup still tired, but might look for some of those herbs, will try em out tonight, as I am off tomorrow too, in case I get loopy. I know you will find some time to some kind of exercise today.

sourmissg WOW awesome!

gracerev We just got a Curves. Might check it out, thanks.

Hi neenee, I can't imagine running, but maybe you will help to inspire me. you go!!!

missjoany, my husband, that often has trouble sleeping also loves melatonin, he takes it like an hour before bed time. doesn't always work, but it is very helpful to him

Thanks for starting this thread. I was banded 4 wks ago today on 9/16. I lost 15lbs 1st week after surgery. gained 31/2 lbs 2wiks after ago after starting on real food. I am doing the C25K program on Iphone and plan on running for 1st time in my life a 5k after thanksgiving. SO far I have lost 2 of the 3 1/2 lbs I gained. I am jooging/walking 3 days per week with the program and doing other cardio 2 days per week for 30min each work out. I lost 30lbs prior to surgery working diet, Zumba nd going to the gym. I cant wait to start strength training, but wanted to wait and ask Doc if I can lift weights and if so how much. 1st fill is on 10/28 and I am excited. I am hoping to be 15-20lbs lighter by Christmas. One thing I have learned in this journey so far that this is a full marathin and not a sprint! It took me a years and years to get as big as I was, so it wont come off overnight. look forwrd to corresponding with you all and supporting in this journey

Thanks for your post!! I was bummed that after a month I had gained 1 pound back, but I went to the hairdresser today and she said I have lost inches. I need to remember, as you said, that the weight did not come on overnight (maybe it took 2 days- hahahah). I will set my goal then to 12-15 pounds by the end of the year- that is 1 pound a week, and still right now is more weight than I have lost in the last 5 years!! We will be right behind you cheering you on your 5K!! Yea my appt is tomorrow and I can tell my incision still pulls when lifting my kitties or pushing our large trash can, so will keep on the treadmill for awhile. Not ready for weights yet..Hope to work up to 30 mins, but I hate it, hate it, hate it. Up to 16 mins and it does seem easier however.

Ms Joany I'm with u. I hate exercising!!! But ichet energized when my pants start fallin off like the dis today cause I actually need a belt.

I did my mile, this is 4 miles this week, 3 more to go.

Miss Joany sometimes I find treadmills tolerable when I watch a TV show while I do it, I'm a real TV vegetable so often the time flies by. at the gym when it's all TV I don't watch I use music and magazine.

Ahhh friday