Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Work out support thread, September Sweetie and Stud.

Hey everyone, I would love to become a regular on this thread with yall....exercising and friends is what I need. I posted this earlier in Sept. bandsters:

Good Evening everyone.... Hope everyone set their clocks back an hour last night get to that extra hour of sleep :smile2:

I want to make a dedication to myself and to my follow September bandsters....I have not started back on my treadmill since the surgery. SOOO .....tomorrow I am promising myself and to all of you that I am going to get back on track and do an hour on my treadmill starting tomorrow. I need inspiration here, eating right and drinking my Water is easy for me, getting the exercise in is my biggest challenge.

I have not seen a weight difference all week so its time to get the scale going in the right direction!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

Theresa:thumbup:

I would really love help from others to be accountable for my daily...i need others to check in with. I will check back in tomorrow....good night all.

Good luck Theresa with getting back to exercising. You might want to start with 30 minutes instead of an hour. Putting too much strain on your muscles and joints might make it diffucult to stick with it. But if 60 minutes feels good, go for it!

I know you are not alone with the struggle to exercise and the frustration of a plateau. I myself have to make myself exercise a lot of the time. Once I get going, I tend to enjoy it. I do more than the treadmill so I don't get bored. And boy am I on a plateau. I have not lost an ounce in the past 10 days despite eating well, getting enough Water and exercising eight of those days. The only consolation is that my bodyfat percentage went down a tiny bit.

Hang in there! We will get where we want to be some day. :)

You guys sound as though you are enjoying the exercise. I still don't like it, but maybe a walk through the mountains would be better than on the treadmill. BANDEDTHERESA An hour to start, might be too much, and you might not feel it till the next day. But if you feel good, then go for it.

I agree, I think we lose body fat some weeks and not weight, and muscle does weigh more than fat..

I didn't work out either of my days off this week, I got up at 0630 as I had those appt's at the hospital, and took kitty for yearly checkup. I don't usually get up till 1000 since I work nights. But I didn't feel all that bad, I was surprised. Maybe the exercising and eating right helped me handle it. But around 3:30 pm, I fell asleep on the recliner. Back to the treadmill tomorrow, and will try and do it five times this week. I will mix it up, as suggested, by raising the incline once in awhile. If I don't you guys can speak loudly to me!!!:)

Thank you all for the concern of an hour on the treadmill. Let me explain why I said an hour....before surgery I was already exercising. one hour at my target heart rate on the treadmill for 4-5 times a week. I got off track about 3 weeks before surgery. I am going to follow the couch to 5K to get back into my routine and this way it gives me something to progress with. I really do appreciate yall for looking out for me....yall are awesome :) Thank you

BandedTheresa - I'm like you, I was exercising prior to the surgery so I might be able to do more intensity and time at this point than others can.

One of the big reasons I had the surgery is to be able to be more active without so much fear of injury or inability to participate.

Hi all, welcome BandedTheresa! yeah you are rockin. So far I've done 3 miles this week. hoping for 2 weeks in row with the 7 miles. I am looking at treadmills on craigslist. I wonder if my buyers guide is too much out of my class, ass in the whole state of Ohio I can only fine 1 of them on my list. I'd love advice on models that people like, I'm like 275 so I need one that can handle that kind of weight. I'd like a good motor and to be able to fold up as I don't have a lot of room.

I feel like on the treadmill I'll do more now that it's getting colder. Luckily with the time change I'm no longer walking in the pitch dark LOL>

I have an Ironman Inspire treadmill that is five years old and has many miles on it. My parents have the same model from one year ealier. They each cost $1000. My stepdad was 311 when they got theirs. The model is probably retired by now, but I thought I'd mention it as a benchmark.

Thank you ladies.....We purchased my treadmill at Academy for like 800$. It has alot of different setting. A fan. it goes as fast as 10mph. I personally enjoy having one, dont have to worry bout the weather or driving to the gym.

It's so hard to get into a habit. I am trying my hardest to make it sink in...anyway, last night I did cardio fiesta at the gym (think latin zumba or latin dance) and it was so much fun!! Next week they do it with the lights real dim and you wear a white shirt and glow sticks. I can't tell you when I have been more excited about a class! When it's fun, its easier to do.

Tonight is total body tune up (think Insanity / P90X in a gym class). Those make me sore as all get out but since you are switching up the movements so quickly, it goes by really fast.

Hi so I did not walk last week, due to hunting season, I'm back on this week. chug chug chug. hope you all are doing well

Update: completed 5k thanksgiving mornig and ran the whole thing. I completed the 9 week C25K running program yesterday. I'm so excited to be doing things I've never done. I agrees to loae 15-20 lbs for christmas challenge. As of today I'm down 12 more lbs. 54lbs loss and 50 to go. Now I wanna do p90x but I hear its hard. Anybody try that yet?

oh my gosh nee nee that is so great , congratulations. you are an inspiration

ok now, since thanksgiving my excecising is pitiful, but I bought a treadmill finally, it's not here yet, but maybe that will help, its hard to go on the road in the freezing cold darkness. lol

Hi Gingero, I don't ride, I always felt I was too over weight for it, but I know many folks who ride, and you are right it is great exercise. welcome! awesome you are close to your goal.

I owned a horse and even rode with the Volunteer Mounted Patrol for both State and National Parks - but I did get to the point where I was too heavy to ride! Now it is just such glorious freedom to be able to ride and explore trails.

I am thinking of changing my goal - from 135 to 125. Have any of the rest of you changed goals since starting?

LisaA, think of taking riding lessons - "horsin' around" is more than idle fun!!!!!!!!!

Ginger O

Just yeaterday, my husband and i were commenting about how much work it is to ride horses as two were running past us on the trail. I was going to take riding lessons when I was five, but the instructor said I was too small. Isn't that funny?:smile2: I'm considering riding lessons as a major goal reward and a way to fulfill a childhood dream.

You go for it, girl! And your husband too! It's amazing the places you can see when riding trails instead of concrete! I also reached a weight where I stopped riding - out of consideration for my horse!

It is such glorious freedom to explore trails, sharing the experiences with my horse and other riders! Now I want to meet up with you and start you riding!!!!!!!!!

GingerO