Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 (Bootiful Bandsters) Thread

I was banded 10/28/10. First day back at work and I'm very tired and sore. Did anyone else feel kind of cold and a little dizzy or not quite with it? I felt fine when I was home and could lay down often or sit down often. I think maybe I should have stayed home until monday. And I feel like my left shoulder hurts all the time. I knew that gas would cause that after surgery but should it still be there? Did it hurt when your guys stomach growled? What is sliming? I havent vomited or burped up anything but sometimes feel that maybe my shoulder hurts because I'm drinking too much too fast? I'm in constant fear that I'm going to make my band slip... Like it's super fragile or something. Am I just being neurotic? lol it's happened before haha

I was banded on the 27th went back to work yesterday, lucky I have a great boss and came home yesterday at 2pm and today at 3pm. Still feel tired and yes if I eat or drink to fast I get a sharp pain under my shoulder blade and feel this intense need to burp. I feel like I am lucky because I have a lot of co-workers who have had weight loss surgery over the past two years. I have only heard my stomach growl twice since surgery and still have never really felt hungry, from all I read I know that day will come. right now I am just enjoying the fact that I am not hungry. Have not idea what sliming is?

PATTYPWK-Don't be so hard on your body, try to remember an all liquid diet is not natural for a body so it is hard to predict weight loss. All body would react differently to such a shock to the system!

I was also banded on 10/25 but my doctor only required an all liquid diet 1 day pre-op & moves us straight to soft/mushy/pureed 1 day post-op.

Hello everyone. I had my surgery 10/21 and am feeling great. I have started getting a little hurgury but I'm still haven't gone over my 800 cal my doctor says I should stay at. I went for my first post-op appointment Thursday and I've lost 22 pounds so far. I had some pain in my shoulder as well but it went away about 5 days after surgery. I'm so glad I found this site, it is great to see how everyone else is doing who had their surgery about the same time as me. I wish eveyone good luck!!!:eek:

lost 7 pounds on the 10 day liquid diet before surgery. only 1 pound since surgery and post op appt. Kind of discouraged but I am going to weigh myself again today and HOPE for some results. I knew it was going to be slow but when I hear people who are down 25-30 pounds already, I wish I could too. I am in the full liquid staqe after a week of clear liquids:unsure:

I had my surgery on 10/26. Doing good, except for the belching, when does that stop?Start back to work on monday. I have lost 27 pounds so far, really happy about that. I go back wed for my first post op app. I already have 3 cc in at time of surgery, but i am looking forward to mushies..yum, yum.

I had my surgery on 10/21... I feel great, lost 20 lbs so far, and feel completely back to normal. Today I have been really hungry though, its the first day that I have felt like this, I was warned it would happen at around 3 weeks, but it won't be 3 weeks until Thursday. I feel like I have eaten alot today... so far today I have had 2 pieces of light string cheese, a hard boiled egg, some watermelon, and some beef Jerky. I am starting to worry a little bit. I see a lot of people on here were on way stricter diets than my dr, had me on. I was only on strictly liquids for 7 days, then soft/mushy food for 2 days, and now soft & some solids. I have eaten chicken and salmon a few times. Could I be screwing anything up? I feel so normal, like I did pre-op. I know I don't have restriction...I am hoping when I get my first fill I wont feel like this...I am beginning to worry a little bit

I had my surgery on 10/21... I feel great, lost 20 lbs so far, and feel completely back to normal. Today I have been really hungry though, its the first day that I have felt like this, I was warned it would happen at around 3 weeks, but it won't be 3 weeks until Thursday. I feel like I have eaten alot today... so far today I have had 2 pieces of light string cheese, a hard boiled egg, some watermelon, and some beef Jerky. I am starting to worry a little bit. I see a lot of people on here were on way stricter diets than my dr, had me on. I was only on strictly liquids for 7 days, then soft/mushy food for 2 days, and now soft & some solids. I have eaten chicken and salmon a few times. Could I be screwing anything up? I feel so normal, like I did pre-op. I know I don't have restriction...I am hoping when I get my first fill I wont feel like this...I am beginning to worry a little bit

I feel the same way and its only been 10 days since surgery I am a bit worried. No constriction at all. I have follwed the diet almost to the t and not a lot of results (only 8 pounds lost) oh well, back at it tomorrow-just had ice cream and it went down fine

I had my surgery on Oct. 1st and so far I've lost 21 lbs. I had my first band fill on Nov. 4th and it has helped me so much. Before the fill I was hungry all of the time...kinda like before surgery but now I eat a meal and I'm not hungry for at least 4 hours. It's going great. I hope everyone is doing well.

Edited by chica125kml

I had my surgery on Oct. 1st and so far I've lost 21 lbs. I had my first band fill on Nov. 4th and it has helped me so much. Before the fill I was hungry all of the time...kinda like before surgery but now I eat a meal and I'm not full for at least 4 hours. It's going great. I hope everyone is doing well.

Good to hear. I have 2 weeks until my first fill and am feeling quite depressed. Hearing that it's working for you helps.

I just found this thread! Was banded Oct 15. Down 27lbs and scheduled for my first fill Nov 16th. Everything has been great so far. Just wanted to put my name on here with all my other October bandster family!!

Hi all,

My surgery date was October 12th still on the pudding textures till This comming tuesday. I am so excided to try something a little different. I still have perodic pain where my incisions were but nothing that would keep me from activity, My first fill is December 6th so looking forward to exciding things to come!

Hi Everybody,

I had my surgery 10/14 and am 4 weeks post-op. I am literally hungry and starving every day. I have gained all my pre-op weight back and soooo frustrated.

Let's face it, we all got the LAP-BAND® because we have no will power. I just want a little restriction, something, anything to help curb my appetite.

No, I don't eat like crap! I eat relatively healthy (if I ate religiously healthy than I wouldn't have had a need for a LAP-BAND®), but it's not like I sit around eating cheeseburgers and shakes!

I keep my calories to a minimum (1200-1500) a day. No, that is not too much as I exercise and work 60 hours a week, so I need some extra calories to keep functioning. When I was trying to keep it under 1000, i kept getting dizzy and feeling like crap!

Come on, I can't be the only one that has gained???:)

sounds like this is the hardest time after surgery and before our first fill. We can all do this. We did not have surgery to fail. We all want just a little help losing weight and the rest is up to us. Thanks for the advice and it's nice to know I am not the only one who feels like this. We all need to heal and take care of ourselves and once we get our first fill, we will have the "help" we have been needing. This is such a huge learning experience for us all and we have to make some mistakes in order to learn from them. Hang in there, we WILL get there!

surgery Oct 29th

First fill Nov 24

I'm with you guys. I HATE this part. Now I know why they call this period Bandster Hell. We'll all be "filled" by Christmas though and let's hope it's the gift we're hoping for! Hang in there we can do it together.:)

hello all..i had my surgery oct 20 and i have lost 20.8 lbs i feel no restriction hardly and my apt for fill isn't until the 24th of this month....i haven't had an easy go of it either...first i had allergic reaction to glue they put on incisions...then i was having esophageal spasms and got dehydrated and had to be hospitalized for four more day...with a total of two and half weeks of liquids most of that was clear liquids..lol...now my incision where my port is is infected and i am currently on antibiotics....i am doing ok at keeping a positive attitude about all that has happened and not having much weight loss...i have lost one pound in almost two weeks....but i keep telling myself i am gaining muscle...because that is usually what happens...i would like to find some local bandsters to meet and hang out with that understand why i got banded and what i am going thru...so if anyone is around brandon mississippi i would love to hear from you...and anyone else that has any thing encouraging to share...