Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Ok so I am on day five of this liquid diet and I swear i want to shoot myself. I have been hungry or at least wanting and craving for some favor in my mouth. I can not have anything beside the 5 Protein Shakes, up to two cups of raw veggies and 100 calories worth of approved calorie liquids. I have lost 6 lbs already but man this is hard all I want is some damn Soup. lol. Well I sorta cheated on day three and four. I ate a half of pop-tart and a can of low fat cream of mushroom soup and then on day four i ate like five french fries and 1 chicken nugget. I felt so bad afterward but I was craving bad. I think I am however figuring this out, I suck on a lots of Popsicle....and hard mints. Anyone else having issues with their liquid diet.

Ok so I am on day five of this liquid diet and I swear i want to shoot myself. I have been hungry or at least wanting and craving for some favor in my mouth. I can not have anything beside the 5 Protein Shakes, up to two cups of raw veggies and 100 calories worth of approved calorie liquids. I have lost 6 lbs already but man this is hard all I want is some damn Soup. lol. Well I sorta cheated on day three and four. I ate a half of pop-tart and a can of low fat cream of mushroom soup and then on day four i ate like five french fries and 1 chicken nugget. I felt so bad afterward but I was craving bad. I think I am however figuring this out, I suck on a lots of Popsicle....and hard mints. Anyone else having issues with their liquid diet.

LaShonda and others:

I agree that the pre-op diet is not easy. I have found that part of the key, for me, is *anticipating* hunger. That is, if I wait till I'm actually empty and hungry it is almost too late...I will tend to grab for something just to not feel that way. It's great to know what hunger feels like, because it's a new feeling. But having the next drink ready, or the piece of fruit, does help.

A little sliding might not hurt. I decided that I wanted to have a Peanut Butter cookie that I had baked, to taste it, last night. So I did it. I was aware, I enjoyed it, and now I know what it tastes like, and I don't feel like I need to have another.

So I'm back on the track...and the reward for me is to get on the scale and find that it's dropped another couple of pounds. Don't much find liquids interesting, but the scale results are VERY interesting! :thumbup:

Best,

Deb WS

weight.png

YAY!!! Im scheduled for Monday Nov 1st. I hate this liquid diet, but so far from being on it almost a week I have lost 9 lbs! I cant wait to go in on Monday because Im ready to get banded!!! My nerves are really kicking in and im so ready to get this over!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!!

YAY!!! Im scheduled for Monday Nov 1st. I hate this liquid diet, but so far from being on it almost a week I have lost 9 lbs! I cant wait to go in on Monday because Im ready to get banded!!! My nerves are really kicking in and im so ready to get this over!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!!

Lauren -- much, much luck for Monday. Please make sure you come back to this site and tell us how you are doing -- we want to know and we'll learn together!

Best,

Deb WS

weight.png

Thanks Deb I sure will! I will get on right after im banded... ok maybe not right after, but as soon as im feeling better... Thanks for the well wishes!!!

I'm Scheduled for Nov. 16th and I start my pre-op on Nov. 2nd. Anyone else having a little bit of anxiety over this? I think I'm having more anxiety about the pre-op diet than the actual surgery lol. A two week liquid diet might possibly be the hardest thing I've ever had to do...lol

Thanks Deb I sure will! I will get on right after im banded... ok maybe not right after, but as soon as im feeling better... Thanks for the well wishes!!!

Best of luck--you will be our guide :thumbup:

Hope all the other November bandsters are doing well!!!! I had my pre-op yesterday, blood draw, EKG and chest x-ray. Monday is just right around the corner... but still seems far away. I found out yesterday I am the first surgery of the day and should be discharged sometime early Tuesday morning. Secretly, I'm hoping that by Monday night they are needing bedspace and I am doing well enough that they will go ahead and send me home.

John

My surgery is November 22nd and I am excited about the surgery but not the pre-surgery diet. I am only taking one week off afterward....I hope that is enough time to recover and get back to my regular routine.

Does anyone have any idea how to hide the pre-op diet from co-workers? I am not ready to share with them.

I too am excited about my date of Nov 22 (well, tentatively scheduled, awaiting pysch and insurance approval)! Like you, I have concerns about the pre-op diet around coworkers, but planning hard for that and mostly eat on my own, or go out (even if it's to my car). I am subtly cutting back and refusing unhealthy things they offer me - making no big deal about it. Simply saying "no thank you" with a smile is enough explanation needed. My plan has been gradual - folks see me eating healthier, nothing more. Though I get along well with my coworkers, I consider this a private matter and will not tell them. I am purposely not striking up conversations surrounding my eating habits or weight loss. As I go strictly to liquids, it might be a little trickier, but again, they don't need to see me eating, I take my lunch to my cubicle rather than at the lunch table - been doing that for a while, eating while I work (for now).

I admit, I am slightly challenged about the pre-op diet (2 weeks Clear Liquids bef and after is required), but have started cutting back already and drinking Protein shakes for Breakfast with frozen banana and strawberries blended in soy milk. I've lost about 3-4 pounds within a couple of weeks just by prepping for the prep!

Let's stay connected about our Nov 22 surgery date. I purposely pushed for Monday the 22nd since it's Thanksgiving week. I'm off work that Thursday and Friday and taking Mon thru Wed off as vacation days, which gives me a week to recup before returning to work. My support person said that that week looks good for scheduling, and once insurance is approved, I can have that date! Looking forward to this journey - let's do it together!! :thumbup:

Edited by JaGo

Monday is coming fast! I am so nervous about getting banded. I know that things will be ok though. The toughest thing so far is the liquid portion of the preop diet. I am so hungry it is not funny. I figure what is a couple months of "torture" for a lifetime of health. Good luck to all the November Bandsters. We are all going to do well! :thumbup:

Like you, I have concerns about the pre-op diet around coworkers, but planning hard for that and mostly eat on my own, or go out (even if it's to my car). I am subtly cutting back and refusing unhealthy things they offer me - making no big deal about it. Simply saying "no thank you" with a smile is enough explanation needed. My plan has been gradual - folks see me eating healthier, nothing more. Though I get along well with my coworkers, I consider this a private matter and will not tell them. I am purposely not striking up conversations surrounding my eating habits or weight loss. As I go strictly to liquids, it might be a little trickier, but again, they don't need to see me eating, I take my lunch to my cubicle rather than at the lunch table - been doing that for a while, eating while I work (for now).

I think that how much you tell people - and when - is a big question (at least it has been for me). I would suggest a white lie...telling them that you are having some GI procedures/tests done and that, for now, you're on liquids...feelings just fine, thank you! Hopefully that will be enough to shut off anyone who is inquiring.

I have told a few people, mostly relatives, and the reaction is mixed. A couple of friends are over-the-moon thrilled and supportive, a cousin is downright negative (jealousy, I think), and mostly, others don't know what to say. I think sharing info can breed speculation and comments, so probably best to not say much if you can manage and if, of course, it works for you!

Best to all of us, and particularly, to those who go in on Monday!

Deb WS

So far I have told everyone and gotten good responces from all except one and that was yesterday I went into LA Fitness to look around and see about getting a membership and the personal trainer was all like have you tryed to losses the weight any other way? Have you tryed a personal trainer etc. Lol of corse she is going to push for that but I belive she can still hellp me to an extent after I have the surgery. With my medical issues I NEED this surgery. I can't do huge extencive workouts right now with my back my ankle etc I just want to looses the weight and tone and streghten my body.