Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Hello, My surgery date is November 1st! I am on a 10 day pre-op that I started a day early, guess I am eager to get to the DAY. I am hoping to get some info or others experience with the pre-op diet. I have had a headache for 2 days but am determined to stick it out. My doctors diet sounds more restrictive than others. 10 days of liquids, cottage cheese, about one cup per day, Atkin's shakes 2/day, broth Soups, and juice and No sugar luiquids in any ammount.

I may have cheated tonight I had some egg drop Soup. Any comments on this? I am also really fatigued and not to chipper.:)

Lisa, I am starting my pre-op on Nov.1, though I do not have to start until the 4th. My date is the 11th. But like you, I am eager to get started and get adjusted. My doc requests 7 days of liquids and the day before to be all Clear Liquids. The liquid diet includes shakes, puddings, yogurt and Soups with mushy noodles/rice. I can also have a few saltines if needed too. The nutritionist in the the dr's office created a pre op diet for me to follow. She also created a menu for the 2 week post-op and transtion weeks also. I will do my very best to follow it so I don't get sick or have any problems.

I'm curious as to how the decision is made between band sizes -- 4cc vs. 10 cc. Do you know?

I didn't even realize there was a difference in sizes. My dr. never discussed that with me, nor was it ever brought up in the mandatory 2 hour info course that I took. I think I'll call the office on Monday and ask. But if anyone has info, please share!

HI, I'm scheduled for November 17th and officially start my pre-op Atkins diet 11/3, but I am changing over already. I have my Psych., and Nutritionist apt on 11/4, and have a couple labs to go still. I am self pay, as my insurance has an exclusion for weight loss surgery. I am excited for the change in my life!! :) Anyone scheduled the 17th also??

Hello, My surgery date is November 1st! I am on a 10 day pre-op that I started a day early, guess I am eager to get to the DAY. I am hoping to get some info or others experience with the pre-op diet. I have had a headache for 2 days but am determined to stick it out. My doctors diet sounds more restrictive than others. 10 days of liquids, cottage cheese, about one cup per day, Atkin's shakes 2/day, broth Soups, and juice and No sugar luiquids in any ammount.

I may have cheated tonight I had some egg drop Soup. Any comments on this? I am also really fatigued and not to chipper.:)

From Deb WS: I would check the Protein amount in the shakes. If the protein level is not high enough, that could contribute to your exhaustion. Whole Foods has whey Protein Powder that might be a better choice...or check for others that might as well (while still being low in sugar, low in carbs, etc.

Best,

Deb WS

Sabrina, did you get an approval yet?

I have Aetna as well. My insurance was submitted on Oct 7th after I have done all the stuff they required prior to authorization. I had such a no brainer case that my surgery was even scheduled because there was no reason for a denial. Until guess what...denied! :) :sleep: Now I am under an appeal and keeping my fingers crossed that Aetna comes through. Good Luck!

Hi I have Aetna too. Let me tell you it was a nightmare. Not only did I jump through hoops and beyond but I hired a personal trainer for 9 months to boot. They still weren't satisfied. So, I called Aetna directly which I would suggest you do I was on the phone for 2 hours talking to the claims negociater person who decides. After practically crying on the phone she said she would review it and called me the next day with the approval. They are not easy.....I am 40 bmi but dont have all the other problems. If you didnt call already I would suggest you call them directly. They don't like to talk to the people they want to only talk to the doctors admin but if you push you can find the RN in claims. I hope this helps you...Good luck. :thumbup::redface:

G, I am using Dr. Geiss. What a nice man, and the whole office is so helpful and supportive!! What insurance do you have? I have GHI. There was so much pre op testing to do! It took about 8 weeks to do it all!! .

I have BC/BS, and it took me 9 months to get from initial consult to surgery. 6 months of dieting and then my cardiologist's office jerked me around for two months. So I was pretty excited to get my surgery date and now it's been moved 3 days to Nov 4 because Dr Geiss has jury duty! Oh well, one more delay won't kill me.

G Rose, it was about 6 months for me. I did the initial consult the end of March, did my 6 months of weigh-ins, and spent my whole summer running and doing all the pre-op testing. Good thing I was home this summer to do all the testing. I had an appt at least once a week!! It was a lot!!

Hi everyone once again, thanks topazz for starting this tread it is so cool to chat with people from all parts. I wanted to reintroduce myself. My name is tracy and Im 44. I have been a firefighter for 11 years. I have struggled with my weight all my life but mostly when i got the job. Not at first, I was 140 but as time when on I started eating like the guys well you know how that went over. NOT GOOD. Not only is it really hard to do the job but Im over it in general. Anyhow, it was a long struggle to get here but I finally made it. Nov 15. I attended all the classes and support meetings etc. Glad to be here with you all. :)

Hi Everyone! My surgery date is Nov 1st!!! I'm on day 5 of my two week liquid diet & I'm starving. LOL

Can you share your requirements for the liquid pre-op diet??

Hi Everyone! My surgery date is Nov 1st!!! I'm on day 5 of my two week liquid diet & I'm starving. LOL

Can you share your requirements for the liquid pre-op diet??

I will be getting my band Nov 1st too... on Day 8 of my pre-op. Best of luck on the pre-op and surgery!!!

John

I didn't even realize there was a difference in sizes......

From my understanding the 4cc is an older band not used in the states anymore, but it is still used in Mexico. The new generation bands are 10cc and 14cc.

Maybe we can get a November 2010 thread started for us to keep in up with each other's progress, trials, and tribulations!

Hi there

Also a teacher here in New Zealand, and have had to time my op with senior exam periods and the end of the school year, so my surgery is on November 26th. Survived Week 1 of the pre-op diet though - lost 4.5 kilos - such an incentive :)

The date is getting closer and closer...I start my liquid diet tomorrow and Surgery is in 15 days. I am afraid now but i know I can do this.